Average Battery Life

Guest bboychum

Guest bboychum

Which custom rom has the best battery life?

Do custom roms generally have poorer battery life perfomance than official roms?

I found my batt draining 10% in 30minutes with ryrzy's rom.

Will some please enlighten, thanks.

Guest redzone321

10% in 30 min is extreme. i have never seen a drastic difference in batt performance. i get a full day out of the batt unless i heavily use it and that is with 3 G on all the time

Guest darkworldzz

ryrzy's rom is a sense rom.. it will naturally have a greater batt drainage.. 10% in 30 min?? i m guessing you are using it heavily.. wifi and opera can very well drain it fast.. bluetooth and touch player will also drain 10% in say 30+ min on avg.. unless if it is on minimal usage, on sleep, the phone can last for 4-5 days.. if this happened on minimal usage, samsung service centre is your best friend if still on warranty :)

try turning off sense and see the powers of omnia 2 battery!!

p.s. my batt can last avg 1 day with 49+-% on ryrzy rom.. with avg usage..

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest pacinoz

I believed this was not caused by the Rom. Using 3G data connection may also result to your Baterry drained faster. Try to change your Performance Setting to "auto" or "Low". ;)

Guest Richard2204

Funny enough I have been trying many different ROM's and especially the last JE3 ROM I tried the battery drain was really fast. So I did some investigating and downloaded a JC4 Rom from this thread

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-apps-lite-rom/

I then Installed all of my software that I use including SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 along with lots of other apps. With this ROM the battery life has been amazing. My battery was fully charged on Thursday night at 11:00PM so I unplugged it. By 7:00am on Friday it was down to 98%. After a day's use on Friday and the afternoon got a fair amount of phone and email use it was sitting at 50%.

Again I left it all night and it is now Sat lunchtime 12:30pm and the battery level is at 35%

With this ROM I have seen a definitive improvement of battery life over the newer JE ROMS's I had been trying. I have only flashed the PDA part so far but have read that flashing the phone part to a newer version can also improve the battery life and signal strength with some of the new ROM's but I haven't tried this yet.

Just thought I would share my experiences with you

Regards

Richard

Guest jebise

using a sense rom as well and my phone last average 2 days before i have to recharge i usually just charge it when i go to sleep just in case i need to use my phone a lot. I have no idea why this is it started to happen ever since i installed a sense ROM before it would last 4 days. I rarely use the phone for heavy surfing, just the usually SMS/Calls and Music so i found it weird that it drops so quickly now vs before just doing the same thing.

The only difference now with sense is that i have weather update every hour and thus could explain the battery drain. That is the only major change between the ROM's maybe you want to confirm and test my theory??

I just went into the samsung wireless manager and noticed nothing was selected to tel it to disconnect. enabled disconnect if no packets for 2 minute option will have to see if it automatically connect after an house and updates the weather.

Edited by jebise