Need suggestions for what to put into my rom.

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign

This is what I have so far to put into my rom. This is not going to be a lite rom by any means. It is going to be a feature filled rom.

I still need a good threaded replacement for the default email/messaging apps.

And yes you did read that correctly, this rom WILL have pinch to zoom support.(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699596)

Opera Mobile 10

FPU Enabler

Office 2010

S3clock(for overclocking)

Battclock

Uzard web browser(can watch hulu and many other flash videos with this MUCH better than skyfire)

New Bing

Skinned Tcpmp

Imulator(for mp3s)

S2U2

Slide2Answer

Pandora

Youtube

OrentationDetection

Titanium for today screen.(until MaxSense is working)

O2Compass(Flashlight and Compass)

Removed

Touch Player(New tcpmp with acceleration is better)

Lockscreen

Opera 9

Default messaging/email apps.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Mastertwiz

Microsoft Office?

O2 Flashlight?

Advanced Config/SkTools?

Wake-up on SMS?

What are you planning for the Today screen?

Titanium/ WAD/ Throttle Launcher/SPB Pocket Plus ??

Sounds awesome

Guest Steel Reign
Microsoft Office?

O2 Flashlight?

Advanced Config/SkTools?

Wake-up on SMS?

What are you planning for the Today screen?

Titanium/ WAD/ Throttle Launcher/SPB Pocket Plus ??

Sounds awesome

For now I will probably just use s2u2 for wake-up-on-sms and for the today screen most likely Sense 2.5. I added everything else you wanted.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest haveitnow

I am curious about your statement that the "new tcpmp" is better than touch player? What version are you using? I have yet to find a version that uses the omnia 2 graphic acceleration. If such a thing exists can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Guest haveitnow

Neither the core player or TCPMP from that link have GPU acceleration for the O2, Ii tried both and looked at the comments of both. They do have decent divx decoders and simple directdraw ability, but playing hi res h264 video on my o2 neither of these can come close to playing back the video properly, which touchplayer does flawlessly.

if you are getting superior playback to touch player on an O2 can you please post your settings and video format? I have actually written a small directshow video player to test on the O2 and it can play back the video well but has major issues when switched to full screen, so there is some wierdness in the O2 directshow codecs.

Sorry don't want to hi-jack this thread, in fact looking forward to trying your ROM.

cheers ;-)

Guest Steel Reign
Neither the core player or TCPMP from that link have GPU acceleration for the O2, Ii tried both and looked at the comments of both. They do have decent divx decoders and simple directdraw ability, but playing hi res h264 video on my o2 neither of these can come close to playing back the video properly, which touchplayer does flawlessly.

if you are getting superior playback to touch player on an O2 can you please post your settings and video format? I have actually written a small directshow video player to test on the O2 and it can play back the video well but has major issues when switched to full screen, so there is some wierdness in the O2 directshow codecs.

Sorry don't want to hi-jack this thread, in fact looking forward to trying your ROM.

cheers ;-)

Ah, looks like im keeping touch player then, I just read through the entire thread, and it looks like your right :)

Guest haveitnow

One more suggestion would be slacker radio instead of pandora. if you've never tried it it has far superior audio streaming to winmo, much better UI.

My only reservation is that unlike pandora slacker actuallly supports and updates so maybe cooking it in isn't a great idea.

Guest Steel Reign

I'll be puttin out a public beta tommorow night most likely. I'll replace pandora with slacker radio. As this is going to be a community fueled rom.

Guest Steel Reign
hey steel when can we test out your rom?

If you guy's want I can put out a public beta right now, it's stable and all. But i haven't customized it much so that will be up to you guys.

Guest KSamp
If you guy's want I can put out a public beta right now, it's stable and all. But i haven't customized it much so that will be up to you guys.

I would love to try it!!! i dont need to many programs anyways i can load all the ones i need anyways....atleast pm me a link if anything

Guest Steel Reign
I would love to try it!!! i dont need to many programs anyways i can load all the ones i need anyways....atleast pm me a link if anything

Aight i'll pm you a link, and anyone else who wants to test it can pm me.