SIM Card not recognizing in B7610

Guest Ravindra H S

Guest Ravindra H S

Hi Folks,

I have B7610 and really love it..! The problem started a month ago when the Battery Charging stopped. After much struggle, I went to the service center and they concluded that the Connector has gone bad and Mother board to be replaced. Though it took almost 18 days to get it (thank god..! hand set was still in Warranty) and they rectified it. Real problem started now.

After changing motherboard, within 3 days, handset stopped recognizing SIM Card. Further, the service center again replaced the mother board 3 times but every time after changing it works & then stops recognizing the SIM card. But the same SIM card was working in another B7610 with friend of mine and any other handsets. Also, none of the other SIM Cards I tried on this will work. Many times reset, hard reset, formatting, everything is done. Though it appears to recognize the SIM Card at some times, after making 1 or 2 calls it will start showing NO SIM Card..! This is driving me really Crazy.

The version details

PDA : B7610DDIJ3

CSC: B7610INUIJ3

PHONE: B7610xxIJ4

WM 6.1 Pro.

I would be greateful for any help here ..! Am completely disconnected from office and creating big issue. I head a bigger team and lack of connectivity is driving me mad. I am making all attempts with Samsung for replacement of the handset..! but it seems this MOdel is now withdrawn from Market and out of stock as per the company news :) :) :)

Guest MenosOcho
Hi Folks,

I have B7610 and really love it..! The problem started a month ago when the Battery Charging stopped. After much struggle, I went to the service center and they concluded that the Connector has gone bad and Mother board to be replaced. Though it took almost 18 days to get it (thank god..! hand set was still in Warranty) and they rectified it. Real problem started now.

After changing motherboard, within 3 days, handset stopped recognizing SIM Card. Further, the service center again replaced the mother board 3 times but every time after changing it works & then stops recognizing the SIM card. But the same SIM card was working in another B7610 with friend of mine and any other handsets. Also, none of the other SIM Cards I tried on this will work. Many times reset, hard reset, formatting, everything is done. Though it appears to recognize the SIM Card at some times, after making 1 or 2 calls it will start showing NO SIM Card..! This is driving me really Crazy.

The version details

PDA : B7610DDIJ3

CSC: B7610INUIJ3

PHONE: B7610xxIJ4

WM 6.1 Pro.

I would be greateful for any help here ..! Am completely disconnected from office and creating big issue. I head a bigger team and lack of connectivity is driving me mad. I am making all attempts with Samsung for replacement of the handset..! but it seems this MOdel is now withdrawn from Market and out of stock as per the company news :) :) :)

dial *#06#,

- if you receive all zeros (IMEI=00000...) then that is the problem, your carrier is banning you. Tech support needs restore your original IMEI, (it's stick where the battery)

- if you see numbers, you phone is unlocked and it doesn't works with other SIMs (from different carriers), then your new motherboard is broken. Go to Tech support, they must replace it.

Guest Ravindra H S
dial *#06#,

- if you receive all zeros (IMEI=00000...) then that is the problem, your carrier is banning you. Tech support needs restore your original IMEI, (it's stick where the battery)

- if you see numbers, you phone is unlocked and it doesn't works with other SIMs (from different carriers), then your new motherboard is broken. Go to Tech support, they must replace it.

Hi,

IMEI check shows correct number and that matches with IMEI number on the package label

It was bought in India and it came unlocked condition in sealed box. I have used it with the same sim for 5 months before hitting this issue....! Mother board has been replaced 3-4 times already. but no luck.. I love this hand set so much that unable to find any other equivalent ones.. in the month. Its surprise that this model is out of market in India now..!

Any suggestons i welcome..