i8000 cdma roms

Guest faroreefer

Guest faroreefer

loooking for a ROM to flash (first time) but I guess I'm a little confused which roms are which? Can someone help me clear this up ? I have a cdma omnia 2 i8000 from bell...

Guest Ninja4Hire
the i8000 is GSM

the i920 is CDMA

which do you have?

Ah the problem is that I believe the i8000 for canada is CDMA.

Hey AMD, I wonder if he dumps his rom so we can get his OEM, could we make a rom for i8000 CDMA. As long as he can use .nb0 files to flash I don't think it would be a problem. I would be willing to try at the least to see if I could get a rom ported over.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest amdzero
Ah the problem is that I believe the i8000 for canada is CDMA.

Hey AMD, I wonder if he dumps his rom so we can get his OEM, could we make a rom for i8000 CDMA. As long as he can use .nb0 files to flash I don't think it would be a problem. I would be willing to try at the least to see if I could get a rom ported over.

sounds good get to dump'ing!

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm all for helping out! How do I dump my ROM?

use this program to dump to your storage card

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

Before you do that, let me ask you if you have a SIM card and is your service provider Bell?

1. Can you post a couple screen shots of your phone for design purposes (today screen, phone dialer).

2. List what programs you need to keep on your phone that came with it. This way we don't take out what you use. This will basically be a custom rom just for you :).

3. Pick a rom from us that you like so we know what to model it after.

BTW this will only be a pda flash, so your CSC will stay the same. Since we can't test the rom ourselves, it would not be a good idea to possibly brick your phone.

Hopefully you have access to your default rom, or even if you phone recently had a OEM upgrade. It would be nice if you could flash back to your original rom, just incase this does not work.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest faroreefer
use this program to dump to your storage card

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...60/dskdump-2-0/

Before you do that, let me ask you if you have a SIM card and is your service provider Bell?

1. Can you post a couple screen shots of your phone for design purposes (today screen, phone dialer).

2. List what programs you need to keep on your phone that came with it. This way we don't take out what you use. This will basically be a custom rom just for you :).

3. Pick a rom from us that you like so we know what to model it after.

BTW this will only be a pda flash, so your CSC will stay the same. Since we can't test the rom ourselves, it would not be a good idea to possibly brick your phone.

Hopefully you have access to your default rom, or even if you phone recently had a OEM upgrade. It would be nice if you could flash back to your original rom, just incase this does not work.

yes I have a SIM...Bell Mobilty is the provider.

I'm basically looking for a slimmed down ROM witht the basics. opera, facebook, you tube. the only thing i want to keep is the samsung sms client.

Although I do like to have some usefull apps, just nothing that comes stock on 'this' ROM.

I like the look of [ROM]Ninja4hire *Black/Blue*. But what I really miss is my sense 2.5 from my old diamond...i've been using Mobile shell3.5 recentley

this looks pretty cool too! http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...er-for-new-rom/

All that said...I'.m not picky. If your gonna buiild me my own custom ROM, u do what u think is best!!!!! and thanks :)

Edited by faroreefer

Guest faroreefer

can' get dskdump.exe to work... says ERROR Cannot create \storageCard\rom_dump.bin

?

nevermind...got it . now where do i send it to?

Edited by faroreefer

Guest Ninja4Hire
can' get dskdump.exe to work... says ERROR Cannot create \storageCard\rom_dump.bin

?

nevermind...got it . now where do i send it to?

You can setup a free www.4shared.com account and then upload it there.

What we can do is start off with the basics just to see if it will flash correctly. If that works then the sky is the limit :)

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

Ok I found this post while looking around: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...8000lugij6-pda/

Basically it has an original i8000L .nb0 for your phone. Also it seems like you should be able to flash any i8000 rom you want as long as it's only the PDA part (.nb0).

You may want to give that a try as there are a few sense 2.5 roms out there already. That being said I am willing to still work on something for you.