A quick question before i flash

Guest om990rt

Guest om990rt

Hey everyone,

first time flashing so one quick question, all i got is a .nb0 file so i just select this, leave the others unselected and start flashing? cause i read through the guide which state this as safe flashing. I do not have the csc file or know how to get it so i suppose if i did not flash the csc it will not be touch and remain as before?

thanks

Guest darkworldzz

basically yes.. just flash nb0 part.. remember to check 'preserve device's contents' or my storage will be wiped..

csc part usually contains language files, font, and some times input methods.. others may include start animation.. like the samsung omnia screen when you on the phone.. Some roms requires you to delete csc some requires you to flash the author's csc.. so make sure you read the whole of the authors thread for info...

or you can check tachaan's thread for more info...

adn rmb to do a hard reset after flash!!

Guest om990rt

Hi darkworld,

Ok thanks alot but i am using octan 2.11 there is no preserve device storage but there is "do not erase my storage" so i assume its the same. And how do you hard reset? first time samsung omnia 2 owner sorry for ignorance

thanks

Guest om990rt

hi again,

its flash but its now become a google phone i call up the engineer and they say they gave me the wrong link so i have to bring it down to them to update it back to windows mobile what a waste of my time.