What happened to the fake-flash thread?

Guest Berek

Guest Berek

What happened to the pinned fake-flash thread for the Legend? Last I read, Paul and Koush were working on getting it working, but this morning the whole thread seems to have been pulled.

Anyone got an update on this?

Guest schpinn

It got deleted, don't know why. Is fake-flash development for the Legend canceled? Or maybe it's impossible to get it working? We should at least get an update..

Guest Ale Baba

I guess Paul just hid it because most people are lazy and don't read the whole thread – not even Paul's reply.

Paul/Koush are already aware of the fact that it doesn't work for the Legend and there was no real need for more "pleese, no work" replies.

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest Berek
I guess Paul just hid it because most people are lazy and don't read the whole thread – not even Paul's reply.

Paul/Koush are already aware of the fact that it doesn't work for the Legend and there was no real need for more "pleese, no work" replies.

That would make some sense, I suppose - the whiners do get annoying. I know that Paul said to bear with them while they sorted it, but I was a little startled to see the thread got pulled and wondered if it was because it had been abandoned. Call me paranoid, but rightly or wrongly I've started to get the feeling the Legend owners are getting left behind with the great new stuff coming out on this site.

Guest ThreeLeggedMessiah
That would make some sense, I suppose - the whiners do get annoying. I know that Paul said to bear with them while they sorted it, but I was a little startled to see the thread got pulled and wondered if it was because it had been abandoned. Call me paranoid, but rightly or wrongly I've started to get the feeling the Legend owners are getting left behind with the great new stuff coming out on this site.

Yeah, I share the same feelings. I have no problems with not having very frequent releases/ROMs/hacks and things, but I think we at least deserve to be kept in the loop and to know what's exactly going on and approximately when can we expect anything (if anything at all). The Legend MCR has been without updates for over a month now (and AFAIK neither r1 nor r2 don't exactly work), and we got the (probably untested) fake-flash solution which didn't work and later even disappeared. The Desire guys are even getting official Cyanogen, but no love for the Legend..

Guest Ale Baba

As far as "great new stuff" is concerned:

I've started working on a stock Android build (yes, completely Sense-less ;-) ) based on r2. Still a long way to go, but I guess I'll have something to test by next week. Probably later.

As soon as I get that done, I'll try to port cyanogen. But, again, still a long way to go.

Guest schpinn
As far as "great new stuff" is concerned:

I've started working on a stock Android build (yes, completely Sense-less ;-) ) based on r2. Still a long way to go, but I guess I'll have something to test by next week. Probably later.

As soon as I get that done, I'll try to port cyanogen. But, again, still a long way to go.

w00t, exciting! Keep us posted :) !

Guest MichaelAlexanderBull

Yeah, I'm starting to try develop a rom aswell now.

Fed up waiting for someone else to do it, so giving it a bash haha.

Don't expect much as of yet, but i will also have a rom to test in about a week!