[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest jeffrey2000
1-I tried AmEbA once and it kind of messed up the graphics... But that was some time and build ago, so I'll give it a try again.

2-As it is Alpha, I prefer to leave it aside for now

3-I'll study where HTC inserts those icons from the Sense tabs and outlook/calls and remove them

4-I'd changed that signature on a middle build I was testing and forgot to change it again.. it is a REG key that needs to be altered:

**[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Signature]

**"Name"="Sent from my ..."

5-Have you tried Settings=>Locale &Text=>Regional=>Use 24-hour format?

**By setting to my locale, the setting is grayed out (guess it forces me to use local standards) but if I change it the setting is opened again (but I didn't try it)

6-Thks for the info

7-That is why I put HTC dialer as a default dialer. It's a very integrated system.

Brigado!

4: This can be done in the mail options aswell which is easier but as this is a beta maybe it can be changed in next version.

5: All the HTC regional options were greyed out there, changed the country and put it back to Dutch what it was before and now it's back to 24hrs but dunno what caused it but it's ok now, tried this same on both Windows as the Samsung settings but didn't work there before, guess it interfears each others settings somehow...

7: As it's a very good ROM but I would really like to have video call back and I know it worked on other htc sense roms (before b2013) after I reinstalled the samsung dialer hope you'll still find a way to fix this (with a working videocall dialer (doesn't matter which one) and people tab).

It also happened a few times now that I couldn't answer a call by sliding the slider to green/left (htc dialer) it just wouldn't accept the call for some reason, did anyone else experience this same behaviour?!?

Guest shadowangel
Hey shadow.. any luck with the contacts???

Cheers mate ;)

Select the IDS_ALLPEO_NEWUIMCONTACT and deselect the others

See if it works =)

Guest jmsmartins

hi shadowangel

i had to try this rom by a fellow brazilian :(

it's the fastest sense 2.5 rom out there, congrats for the great work!

i would like it best if samsungs apps were integrated in sense, rather than HTCs ones.

but still, great rom for sense lovers ;)

cheers

Guest Frentraken
It also happened a few times now that I couldn't answer a call by sliding the slider to green/left (htc dialer) it just wouldn't accept the call for some reason, did anyone else experience this same behaviour?!?

I had this happen when using the Girgio armani lock screen that let you have the music controls on lock screen. I've figured the issue comes up when the lock screens try to launch but get blocked by the dialer but not completely so it all just get's messed up. This lock screen doesn't seem to be as slow as the GA one was so probably won't be as bad, but I only fixed it with old one by uninstalling.

Guest skoda60

Look very promising ROM. Thank Shadowangel for sharing. But the download speed was very slow on me(3kb/s) on both links, will be download on some other time.

Long time not using cleanRAM and free temp but using sktools shadow Servicec by enabled the FreeUp RAM and shadow Cleaner. anyone used these?

Edited by skoda60

Guest redzone321
Can anyone compare shadow´s Sense 2.5.2016 6.5.5 with Rapid´s Sense 2.5.2011 6.5 ROM?

i can give a rough comparision

rapids has more free ram (70mb on fresh boot vs 60mb roughly )

both are speedy but slight edge to Shadows

rapids has documents , facebook, and twiter tab

Shadows you can add them but only via registry tweeking- can this causes issues with the arrange tabs function

Both can run HTC Dialer ( Rapids needs a cab installed)

imo 6.5 lends itself better to the sence interface but 6.5.5 is more touchable - so a preferance thing here.

rapids seems more ram friendly ( this is mostly wm 6.5 at work)

way more free rom space on Shadows (220 vs 130 roughly)

Shadow has newest messaging tab which works perfect ( if installed on rapids create new sms breaks)

but rapids sms doesnt break when i install an older 2.1 htc keyboard made my sorg that has vibration built in.

Rapids has default lock screen which is changable. cant change Shadows lock screen ( but soon to be fixed!!)

All in all Shadows first work here is wonderfull for a beta. cant wait for a newer lighter build.

but if you want a more usable day to day rom use rapids. i find if i disable dialer i can have 65 mb of free ram. plenty for a full days work.

BUT Shadows is very good and can have aprox 60mb with dialer diabled. but with 6.5.5 terrible memory management i ususaly need to reboot half way through the day. but its not too big of a deal.

I also think im a heavy user and if you mostly use sms/ main tabs 6.5.5 is acceptable

Edited by redzone321

Guest romazanott
i can give a rough comparision

rapids has more free ram (70mb on fresh boot vs 60mb roughly )

both are speedy but slight edge to Shadows

rapids has documents , facebook, and twiter tab

Shadows you can add them but only via registry tweeking- can this causes issues with the arrange tabs function

Both can run HTC Dialer ( Rapids needs a cab installed)

imo 6.5 lends itself better to the sence interface but 6.5.5 is more touchable - so a preferance thing here.

rapids seems more ram friendly ( this is mostly wm 6.5 at work)

way more free rom space on Shadows (220 vs 130 roughly)

Shadow has newest messaging tab which works perfect ( if installed on rapids create new sms breaks)

but rapids sms doesnt break when i install an older 2.1 htc keyboard made my sorg that has vibration built in.

Rapids has default lock screen which is changable. cant change Shadows lock screen ( but soon to be fixed!!)

All in all Shadows first work here is wonderfull for a beta. cant wait for a newer lighter build.

but if you want a more usable day to day rom use rapids. i find if i disable dialer i can have 65 mb of free ram. plenty for a full days work.

BUT Shadows is very good and can have aprox 60mb with dialer diabled. but with 6.5.5 terrible memory management i ususaly need to reboot half way through the day. but its not too big of a deal.

I also think im a heavy user and if you mostly use sms/ main tabs 6.5.5 is acceptable

Thank you!! All i needed to know, I will try shadow´s for a cupple of days. I preffered to ask first since its a beta and I didnt want to be rebooting every 15 minutes.

Thx again

Guest Mustard007

French version !!! ;)

Or, make XT9 eZinput QWERTY french with accent keyboard....Or someone have a link to have french accent.

Thanks !

P.S.: I have the white box trouble too.

Thanks for your good works !

Edited by Mustard007

Guest speedfrog
P.S.: I have the white box trouble too.

that is a 6.5.x bug. but he will make a 6.5 rom and then the "white box trouble" will be gone ;)

Guest shadowangel
can you include XDA_UC in your rom?

As it is meant most to advanced users and I don't think normal users would use it, I may put it only in the 6.5 ultra lite version, what do you think?

As Ultra liters are almost advanced users, then it'll be used.

------------------

@Edit: Download links updated with old style lockscreen on first post

Edited by shadowangel

Guest skurash

Really good job....But! I have 1 problem - as soon as I flash rom - on a first boot it's goes without asking me to the internet using GPRS/3G.

I was wondering that's for the first time - but unfortunately not! Every time I reset or some times by it's own idea - phone goes to internet.

I often on the Roaming rate ....so it's not accepted! Is it possible to fix this?

2nd - During calls volume goes to the 50% automatic. Even as normal is set to the full during 1st use - next time is the same 50%.

3rd - Memory flow....leaking down.

Guest shadowangel
Really good job....But! I have 1 problem - as soon as I flash rom - on a first boot it's goes without asking me to the internet using GPRS/3G.

I was wondering that's for the first time - but unfortunately not! Every time I reset or some times by it's own idea - phone goes to internet.

I often on the Roaming rate ....so it's not accepted! Is it possible to fix this?

2nd - During calls volume goes to the 50% automatic. Even as normal is set to the full during 1st use - next time is the same 50%.

3rd - Memory flow....leaking down.

I've noticed that issue as well. Try using Modaco NoData. It may be related to some HTC default of internet updating.

The memory flow issue I hope can be fixed by going back to 6.5

Guest speedfrog
As it is meant most to advanced users and I don't think normal users would use it, I may put it only in the 6.5 ultra lite version, what do you think?

As Ultra liters are almost advanced users, then it'll be used.

that sound like a very godd idea ;)

Edited by speedfrog

Guest romazanott

Hello Shadow!

First great ROM, much better than the previous version. Still Im having the same problem that I had with the previous one, when I try to write an sms from the people tab and I try to use swype, sense crash and restart itself every time. I would really apreciate some help in tis matter because I use a lot swype and contact tab.

Another question, is there any possibility to stop the dim light when the device is locked? Have a friend with HD2 and its much better looking when the lock screen is brighter... :( this is just a small thing but I think u could help me aswell.

Waiting anyway for the 6.5 ROM because this white scuares are driving me crazy... ;)