[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest jebise
Have you soft reseted?

Windows Mobile has the terrible problem that ALL files when it is flashed go to the Windows folder and them are copied to their expecific folder (copied, not moved) so even if the file isn't started from there, if has to be there...

yes i did softreset right after had no effect

Guest xaznxplaya

No success yet... have you tried this one? It's almost the same ;)

You are welcome :angry:

The lockscreen does work, however I'm unable to change the lockscreen picture, it sticking to a grey background ( Start -> Pictures/videos -> Selected background).

PS: Nvm, after a restart it worked, lol.

Edited by xaznxplaya

Guest HominusNocturna

I'm trying the 6.5.3 (23127 JF5 Beta) Rom and it looks faster than the previous one. It runs smoother even with the Weather Animation enabled. No white squares so far, a little issue with mail but solved installing Windows Live, and the Dialer issue, if we call to someone and then to other person in the dialer it appears always the first call we made even we if we are calling someone else.

My two cents:

- I dont think Samsung Indicators and configurations such as Wireless Manager should be replaced by the HTC sense ones. HTC+Sense+Manilla=Epic Win xD

- Overall, and excluding this tiny issues, Best ROM I ever used, wonderful work.

Now, a few questions, could you provide me the HTC keypad cab file? And about the language packs, I would like to adapt the PT BR to PT PT could you give me more information on how to perform such thing? As I'm a Computer Technician and I have some skills of programming and this Omnia i8000 is my first non-sucky-phone I would like to try doing somethings new within this "world" x)

Congrats for this ROM.

--------------------------------------------

I'm using:

PDA: I8000NXXJF5

CSC: I8000TPHJE5 -> LOL

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

Eboot: I8000NXXJE3

Edited by HominusNocturna

Guest hsuchitmp

shadow is it possible if we can choose ameba or xhook. im really confortable with xhook. i cant understand ameba. hope you wont cook it in the rom so we can choose. thank you :angry:

Guest gogicar

I'm selling =) GT-i8000 (omnia 2) i don't like it anymore :angry: i have it 2 weeks and i'm going back to HTC and Android =)

It's only problem in WM I don't like it ... otherwise phone is GREAT!

but ok ...

I have problem with WiFi ... sometimes doesn't working after off/on phone, it's ON but not connecting to any wiFi spot ... doesn't show ICON for wiFi in taskbar ... Samsung Keyboard is lagging ... i can't write SMS fast :D ...

Guest jkgtan
I'm uploading an RC1 beta for you guys to see on my 4shared :D

I didn't say it didn't work, maybe I'm just testing it wrongly...

Now that I got to look it better, it has the big buttons from 23569... I think that 23127 uses the best of that build, which was a beta and was left behind without improvements... I'll leave 23569 for good now ;)

There you go Beta

Password: shadow

And... what about it?

* No Today theme - install what you like - beware of the dialer which has a big middle button that overlaps the left button a little

* Stock and Twitter back

* Ameba Service

* JE3 Samsung Keypad (JF5 overlaped bottom bar)

Hope you like it and I do not need to do any fix this time (hope is never enough :angry:)

I seem to have problem to unzip the file.

The error is as follow:

WinRAR: Diagnostic messages

F:\JF5_23127_2016_Beta.7z:Unknow method in JF5_23127_2016.nb0

F:\JF5_23127_2016_Beta.7z: Error- operation failed

I had deleted the download and try again but same result. Done 3 times already and same result.

Can someone help.

Thank you.

Guest marvmcsbest
But that's a Windows thing =/

I've taken WM 21908 clock and attached here... see if it fixes that problem.

(UnRAR, copy to the windows folder and soft reset)

I completely downloaded the beta files but why I can't extract the files,everytime I enter the password "shadow" it always says not supported for this opeartion.Please help...thanks

Guest trickzstylezz

using the JF5 rom angel uploaded. Its pretty damn fast, compared to the RC i've used which was released before this. But, I am rather sad that the HTC Keyboard got removed. I was actually typing better on it compared to the standard samsung keyboard. Angel, is there anyway to get it back? Like a CAB file or something? A separate install for it would be really nice. XD Thanks!

Guest HominusNocturna

Everytime I want to edit a contact I get an error saying that SIM Card is not in the device. About the dialer issue, installed the Samsung Dialer and yes, empty call list (contacts are there but invisible... maybe white font, maybe no font...).

Edited by HominusNocturna

Guest jmsmartins

@shadow: are u considering cooking a rom without HTC apps? (just calendar and clock, and maybe one or another u find essencial)

it would be sooo awesome xD your sense is the best!

cheers

Guest shadowangel
shadow...whwn will you release the portugues version?? will it be 6.5 or 6.5.x??

Have you seen my other post? It's been released yesterday! It's WM 6.5 21911 xD

using the JF5 rom angel uploaded. Its pretty damn fast, compared to the RC i've used which was released before this. But, I am rather sad that the HTC Keyboard got removed. I was actually typing better on it compared to the standard samsung keyboard. Angel, is there anyway to get it back? Like a CAB file or something? A separate install for it would be really nice. XD Thanks!

There is a lot of cabs for it, even here on modaco, give it a search :D

@shadow: are u considering cooking a rom without HTC apps? (just calendar and clock, and maybe one or another u find essencial)

it would be sooo awesome xD your sense is the best!

cheers

But all non essential HTC apps where already removed. I've tried to take people tab out but all the others stopped working as they need the HTC contact management :angry:

Right now I'm trying to have my ROM platformrebuilt :lol:

It's so strange! The ROM's get SOOO smaller... My last unsucessful try gave me a 97MB ROM with all the stuff on the last beta! :D It booted but without image... the computer found it and all... Studying... :(

Who knows if my next one will be like this ;)

Guest jmsmartins
But all non essential HTC apps where already removed. I've tried to take people tab out but all the others stopped working as they need the HTC contact management :angry:

imho HTC messaging, dialer, call log, phonebook aren't essencial, are they?

i respect and appreciate ur work a lot bro, just suggesting some changes that me and maybe other users might enjoy :D but i'm not asking u to cook a personal rom for me :D

good luck in ur new project ;)

cheers

Guest shadowangel
imho HTC messaging, dialer, call log, phonebook aren't essencial, are they?

i respect and appreciate ur work a lot bro, just suggesting some changes that me and maybe other users might enjoy :angry: but i'm not asking u to cook a personal rom for me :D

good luck in ur new project ;)

cheers

All opinions are welcome :D

What I said is that phonebook and call log are part of the People Tab on Sense and are needed for: Home (without it the quicklinks doesn't show), People (obvious xD), Messages tab, Internet... Damn! (I tried to remove it and it's prereqs). Thinkin'...

Guest jmsmartins
All opinions are welcome :angry:

What I said is that phonebook and call log are part of the People Tab on Sense and are needed for: Home (without it the quicklinks doesn't show), People (obvious xD), Messages tab, Internet... Damn! (I tried to remove it and it's prereqs). Thinkin'...

i didn't know that (don't know much of sens indeed ;))

maybe because i never use people and internet tab :D

but in other sense roms i think people tab also works and default dialer and sms is samsung or WM, not HTC.. if you know what i mean.. :D

the most annoying thing for me is messaging. and that "fix" u gave me the link kills MMS :(

cheers

Guest mlabarra
I seem to have problem to unzip the file.

The error is as follow:

WinRAR: Diagnostic messages

F:\JF5_23127_2016_Beta.7z:Unknow method in JF5_23127_2016.nb0

F:\JF5_23127_2016_Beta.7z: Error- operation failed

I had deleted the download and try again but same result. Done 3 times already and same result.

Can someone help.

Thank you.

You have to dowload the last version (It is the same winrar or 7-zip).

Guest jkgtan
You have to dowload the last version (It is the same winrar or 7-zip).

Done, thank you.

Flashed the ROM, now got problem reading Chinese.

Help pls.

Guest Lancez
Done, thank you.

Flashed the ROM, now got problem reading Chinese.

Help pls.

10M YaHei font, works great for me and better than samsung sunfon. i'm using RC3 6.5

Edited by Lancez