[ROM] Stripped Senseless v1.1

Guest MichaelAlexanderBull

Based on 2.03.405.3 , has LiveWallpapers , Now LauncherPro - which looks really good!

Still working on getting Eclair Lockscreen working!

No Sense or Sense Widgets.

Left in HTC Camera App, People App, and Phone App

Update:

FBsync Working,

Unlock with Menu/Home built in

Based on LauncherPro

VeryFast, Zero Lag

Stock Messaging app works

Progress on Eclair screen, slightly broken, but better than before ( the slider is in the wrong position, but it is actually there now )

To Do list :

Fix Eclair Lockscreen

Cannot Change Lockscreen wallpaper - FC

Will try to add any requests into updates , so constructive criticism is wanted

Note:

There was 2 FC's for me on first boot, restart after setup and then they should be gone forever.

Also Temporary fix for Lockscreen, Download Lockbot from the market - You can then install the HTC, iPhone, or Eclair lockscreen

Download :

http://www.2shared.com/file/jNeq8AgV...nseless11.html

A2SD Beta : - Untested please report results

being fixed...

Note - For A2SD rom, Create EXT2 Partition, 32mb Swap, and then Covert EXT2 - EXT3

snapshot1.jpg

snapshot.jpg

^^ Lockscreen with Lockbot 'Flan' Setting

Edited by MichaelAlexanderBull

Guest dr_ysp
Great, stuff! Congratulations!

Did you compile this yourself or repack some other release (e.g. one for the Hero)?

some screen shots will be appreciated

Em, it is a mixture of a g1 rom and the stock legend rom ;)

Yeah i'm busy today, but tomorrow i am updating it and then i will post screenshots with new update

Edited by MichaelAlexanderBull

Guest Ale Baba

Well, I'm going a step farther, as I'm trying to port complete stock Android to the Legend.

It's already running on my Legend, but you'd probably not like it, given the fact that the touchscreen doesn't work and EGL seems to have serious problems too. ;)

Guest bluffy
Well, I'm going a step farther, as I'm trying to port complete stock Android to the Legend.

It's already running on my Legend, but you'd probably not like it, given the fact that the touchscreen doesn't work and EGL seems to have serious problems too. ;)

sounds fantastic, hope you succeed at some point.

Yeah i tried porting stock android and Froyo, but no touchscreen problem appeared aswell. The solution is to open up the boot.img and put the legend drivers from kernel source code into boot.img kernel. But im pretty sure linux is need to open the yffs2 filesystem so i couldnt do it at the moment .

Guest Ale Baba
The solution is to open up the boot.img and put the legend drivers from kernel source code into boot.img kernel.

Well, in fact I'm not using the boot.img generated but the one that comes with the updates from HTC.

Kernel is not a problem at all, because HTC released the sources. If you want to compile it yourself, get them from "http://developer.htc.com/", but do a "adb pull /proc/config.gz" before, to get the actual kernel config (which is, unpacked, to be renamed into .config and put in the kernel directory).

But as I said, I don't think the kernel is a problem, I'd rather say it's the graphics stack somewhere, because of that egl error. Unfortunately I can't seem to get help, IRC's pretty dead, so we are on our own here. Let's see what we can do, I'm quite positive we will achieve something.

But im pretty sure linux is need to open the yffs2 filesystem so i couldnt do it at the moment .

If you need help getting Linux to run feel free to ask me, I've been using it for years now.

Edited by Ale Baba

Well, in fact I'm not using the boot.img generated but the one that comes with the updates from HTC.

Kernel is not a problem at all, because HTC released the sources. If you want to compile it yourself, get them from "http://developer.htc.com/", but do a "adb pull /proc/config.gz" before, to get the actual kernel config (which is, unpacked, to be renamed into .config and put in the kernel directory).

But as I said, I don't think the kernel is a problem, I'd rather say it's the graphics stack somewhere, because of that egl error. Unfortunately I can't seem to get help, IRC's pretty dead, so we are on our own here. Let's see what we can do, I'm quite positive we will achieve something.

If you need help getting Linux to run feel free to ask me, I've been using it for years now.

Well it sounds like you should be able hopefully get it running ;)

You should read the last post on this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...2776&page=2

This guy seems to have figured out the no touchscreen problem!

Guest fezze

Oh my god, this rom is amazingly fast! you are a legend! ;) just fix so the unlock button is on the right place and it will be so badword awesome:D

• 1 month later...
Guest areicko

Hello,

The link seems to be dead. That's too bad 'cause I wanted to test this custom rom.

Could someone reupload it please ?

I would be greatful :-)

Thanks !