[ROM]Ninja4hire *NonSense* (DC23) v2.5.3m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest MrTex
I honestly don't know if a cab will work. I will cab if up for you tho and we can both find out :lol:

Thanks, I will try it

Guest Mr.DunnDunn

I found a problem(not sure if others have it as well)

When I tried changing the settings in the cookies editor, the option where it gives you the lockscreen(i think there are 3 of them) i choosed HTC Mini and the phone doesnt even lock. I tried shutting off the samsung/windows lockscreen and it still doesnt work. any other ideas? Thanks

Guest kdkinc
I found a problem(not sure if others have it as well)

When I tried changing the settings in the cookies editor, the option where it gives you the lockscreen(i think there are 3 of them) i choosed HTC Mini and the phone doesnt even lock. I tried shutting off the samsung/windows lockscreen and it still doesnt work. any other ideas? Thanks

Not all feature to my knowledge work with Cookies Editor.

Cookies Editor was made for a HTC device mainly but made to mostly work on others devices. That also the same issue with Sense.

:) :D

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
Not all feature to my knowledge work with Cookies Editor.

Cookies Editor was made for a HTC device mainly but made to mostly work on others devices. That also the same issue with Sense.

:) :D

thanks for the info

Guest Ninja4Hire
thanks for the info

Yeah the HTC mini lock doesn't work that great :). did you try adding the lock icon to your quick launch links? You should be able to bring up the lock screen, but it's not tied to anything like the screen being off or a hardware button as far as I know.

Guest kdkinc
Yeah the HTC mini lock doesn't work that great :). did you try adding the lock icon to your quick launch links? You should be able to bring up the lock screen, but it's not tied to anything like the screen being off or a hardware button as far as I know.

I like to use "Screen Off" to turn off screen only but to keep active programs functioning such as video camera. :D

:P :P

Guest xlightwaverx

When I install new software on this ROM, how do I use one of the FireStorm Icon's to associate with the new program installed? For example, Opera 10, how would i get the nice looking Opera 10 icon on there to match the rest of the icons?

X

Guest Ninja4Hire
When I install new software on this ROM, how do I use one of the FireStorm Icon's to associate with the new program installed? For example, Opera 10, how would i get the nice looking Opera 10 icon on there to match the rest of the icons?

X

That is something that I thought about when I made the rom... Ok so there are a few options.

1. you can use a program like ReStart (cab at bottom of first post). This will allow you to change the icons. Icon Changer is also a good program, but I think someone told me it does not work on my rom (but I could be wrong..try it)

2. I can make you a cab that will convert the icons for whatever programs you use. Just give me a list.

3. I can/will include icons for common programs such as Opera 10 in the rom already. This will allow you to install the program and the custom icon will magically appear.

Guest Ninja4Hire
has the buttons reverting to <home> been figured out yet?

Yeah....NO! I know it's an issue with sense, but I can't figure out what triggers it. Hopefully I will figure out something. What I like to do is let AMD find the answer and then take partial credit :)

Guest Rcman12
That is something that I thought about when I made the rom... Ok so there are a few options.

1. you can use a program like ReStart (cab at bottom of first post). This will allow you to change the icons. Icon Changer is also a good program, but I think someone told me it does not work on my rom (but I could be wrong..try it)

2. I can make you a cab that will convert the icons for whatever programs you use. Just give me a list.

3. I can/will include icons for common programs such as Opera 10 in the rom already. This will allow you to install the program and the custom icon will magically appear.

I for one like the of option 3, just throw the MOST commonly used program icons in with the ROM (taking up maybe a few hundred KB) so that its good to go when the programs get installed and those nice icons show up

Guest Ninja4Hire
I for one like the of option 3, just throw the MOST commonly used program icons in with the ROM (taking up maybe a few hundred KB) so that its good to go when the programs get installed and those nice icons show up

Ok I added an icon installer cab to the 2nd post. It has a few icons in it that I think people may use. I will add them to the next build as well. Let me know if there are any other program icons I should add.

Guest Ninja4Hire
your cab to add notifications to the home screen should work with Steel's ROM too right? and the icon one?

Yeah...don't quote me :)

Guest Steel Reign
okay the notifications works and so do the icons, though my quick links go away after a minute set on 4 x 4

That's very weird...

Guest Omega Ra
That's very weird...

They just fade out, I can still swipe to the quicklinks page and then back and they are there, but they fade out after a short time.

Guest Ninja4Hire
okay the notifications works and so do the icons, though my quick links go away after a minute set on 4 x 4

Strange. I may need to adjust the height of things a bit.

Guest xlightwaverx

Sense Bog, interesting work around maybe?

Ok, the alarm failed to go off again today while running NonSense. I was late for work yet again, though after hoping it would actually work this time around though nothing has changed :). On my 2 hour ride to the job site I ended up doing a hard reset, and brought everything back to the original "NonSense" Rom settings. I let the install go through, OTA popped up, I canceled out, xDA wanted its reboot, I accepted. Now the phone is back on, and I haven't gone through Verizon OTA programming process yet, but I was messing with the settings and menus on the ROM. Sense was operating extremely fast when there was no data connection running through the phone. So...

I went through the menu's and disabled all of Sense's automated data deals where it checks the weather, internet time, blah blah. I ran through the OTA, then went up to do some work. So I would come down on break, I still see the phone is trying to access the internet??? Hmm... So, somewhere in this ROM or the PHONE, something is requesting data access from somewhere. There's a quick link for "Disconnect Data" that I have been using, but when I come down on break, its still trying to access the internet over time.

so... This is what I am trying...

I went into the phone settings, and changed the Data Connection to "Use phone as a Modem", confirmed, and now, OBVIOUSLY the phone is not requesting any data connection via web because it is unable to. So my battery drainage of about 10% an hour has diminished to around 5 to 6%, but I still have not tried the letting the phone run over night and using the alarm feature the next morning. I will post results tomorrow.

the cookie editor does not remove animations for you when you select to use no animations.

But this maybe a work around for the time being. Let me know what you guys think.

Guest amdzero
Yeah....NO! I know it's an issue with sense, but I can't figure out what triggers it. Hopefully I will figure out something. What I like to do is let AMD find the answer and then take partial credit :)

Bastard!

Guest kdkinc

Sense Bog, interesting work around maybe?"

My guess I think if you do the OTA the phone will stop trying to find CDMA network.

When you hard reset sometimes they request a *228.

Keep tweaking :)

:D :P

Guest xlightwaverx

The alarm is working!!!!!. Waking up with 50+ megs of Ram with current setup! The screen locks up a little but its better than complete inoperability.

Sense Bog, interesting work around maybe?

Guest kdkinc
The alarm is working!!!!!. Waking up with 50+ megs of Ram with current setup! The screen locks up a little but its better than complete inoperability.

"Time to make the Donuts" :)