2.1 from swedish operator Tre

Guest 4nders

Hi i need a mirror for this ROM

Please

Are you looking for the original or the modified version with root and a2sd?

I can temporarily upload either one, but I want to make sure what you want. (I'll leave it there until I run out of space.)

Are you looking for the original or the modified version with root and a2sd?

I can temporarily upload either one, but I want to make sure what you want. (I'll leave it there until I run out of space.)

Modified version with root and a2sd. Can you send the link to [email protected]? Thank You

PS. sorry for the late response....

I changed back to the flibble's rooted tre kernel, 'cause the stability. It's really good.

Flashed the latest A2SD, and when runned a2sd command, i've got: "swapon: function not implemented"... so i think it's really doesn't matter, A2SD swap is enabled or not...

This is interesting (at least to me). This thread kind of died out while talking about swap. Now swap is here, and I'm back at this thread again with the same issue. I want to get swap working with this rom AND I want to get the latest version of DT Apps2SD working (2.7.5 final). So far, this is what I've got.

The "swap-enabled" 2.6. 29 boot.img that fibblesan made seems to work just fine with this rom. That's the good news. The bad news is that the version of a2sd in this rom is somewhat "dated" and I wanted to update it so that I could have some control over swap functionality.

However, I can not get Apps2SD 2.7.5 final to work. If I use the latest .zip install version, it looks like works, but then it won't mount the /ext partition, so nothing is happening there.

Ext partition found, but not mounted.

Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.

Check with your rom developer if your boot image is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Obviously it is, because it works just fine running a2sd with the older version that's in the rom now.

So then I think, hey, just install that new boot.img fibblesan made. But any attempt to get the 2.6.29 boot image installed together Apps2SD 2.7.5 final just results in hanging during boot at the first Android splash screen.

So I guess my first problem is how to get the latest version of Apps2SD working on this rom. Any ideas other than starting over from scratch?

This is interesting (at least to me). This thread kind of died out while talking about swap. Now swap is here, and I'm back at this thread again with the same issue. I want to get swap working with this rom AND I want to get the latest version of DT Apps2SD working (2.7.5 final). So far, this is what I've got.

The "swap-enabled" 2.6. 29 boot.img that fibblesan made seems to work just fine with this rom. That's the good news. The bad news is that the version of a2sd in this rom is somewhat "dated" and I wanted to update it so that I could have some control over swap functionality.

However, I can not get Apps2SD 2.7.5 final to work. If I use the latest .zip install version, it looks like works, but then it won't mount the /ext partition, so nothing is happening there.

Ext partition found, but not mounted.
Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.
Check with your rom developer if your boot image is programmed to run Apps2SD.[/code]

Obviously it is, because it works just fine running a2sd with the older version that's in the rom now.

So then I think, hey, just install that new boot.img fibblesan made. But any attempt to get the 2.6.29 boot image installed together Apps2SD 2.7.5 final just results in hanging during boot at the first Android splash screen.

So I guess my first problem is how to get the latest version of Apps2SD working on this rom. Any ideas other than starting over from scratch?

Exactly the same issue I had with Darktremor 2.7.5 final on any 2.1 rom :lol:

Edit: twrock try this boot.img out. I've edited the init.rc file so the SD is mounted to /sd-ext instead of /system/sd. That might be why the latest a2sd didn't work.

Edited by flibblesan

Exactly the same issue I had with Darktremor 2.7.5 final on any 2.1 rom :lol:

Edit: twrock try this boot.img out. I've edited the init.rc file so the SD is mounted to /sd-ext instead of /system/sd. That might be why the latest a2sd didn't work.

Ok.

Fastboot: flashed the boot.img.

Reboot without attempting to update DT Apps2SD. (Incidentally, using TWeak 0.3, not the original version of this modified Tre rom, so results are suspect, unless it works.)

Bootanimation...................................................................

................................................................................

(I hate waiting!)

Unlock SIM

One "not responding" message; not bad: "wait".

Terminal Emulator: a2sd check -> A2SD version 2.7 Update 3r1 and apps are running from SD as expected.

Reboot into recovery.

Install DT A2SD 2.7.5 final.

Reboot.

Big ol' hang at the Android splash screen. Bummer. :)

Hmm, maybe I'll download a "newer, but not newest" Apps2SD.

Edit: Dang, I can't find any "old versions". Has anyone got a link to 2.7.5 rc2?

Edited by twrock

Exactly the same issue I had with Darktremor 2.7.5 final on any 2.1 rom :)

Yeah, man! I got DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 final running on the stock Tre 2.1 rom. :(

(Ok, for a guy like me, that's really exciting; I don't care if the rest of you are thinking "so what".) :)

Next step is to root it so I can actually do something other than run my apps from SD.

One little step at a time.

Edit: Arrrrrgh! :lol: I got excited too soon. In the process of all of that, I have no network. So I've a2sd but I can't make calls!

Back to the drawing board.

Doesn't make sense. Why did I lose the network connection, including Wifi, with adding those few lines of code to the init.rc as per the DT installation instructions? Nothing else changed.......

More edit: Yep, I can get this boot.img rooted, with a2sd 2.7.5 final, and with fibblesan's swap kernel included, but then I have no wireless support at all. No cell, no wifi, no bluetooth, nothing. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Edited by twrock

Guest voolandis

Just tried to flash this ROM, but after a full wipe I got:

Formatting SYSTEM...

Copying files...

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 15:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

Just tried to flash this ROM, but after a full wipe I got:

Looks like the typical problem of not enough space in the /system partition. You can not flash this modified rom on to a phone that you updated using the UK updata. The partitioning is different and there isn't enough space. So I'm guessing that is why you got that error message.

If it is, you could either try to trim down the rom by removing more files out of /system and re-signing it (hard, unless you've done it before), or you could update using the original Tre rom updata and then reflash this rom (much easier, in my opinion). If you update using the Tre updata, you can still install any of the other modified roms (like any of the FLB roms).

Yeah, man! I got DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 final running on the stock Tre 2.1 rom. B)

Deja vue? :lol:

Yep, this time it finally REALLY works. Hopefully I'll have a rooted, a2sd 2.7.5 final, and swap-enabled Tre 2.1 rom up and running shortly.

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Deja vue? :lol:

Yep, this time it finally REALLY works. Hopefully I'll have a rooted, a2sd 2.7.5 final, and swap-enabled Tre 2.1 rom up and running shortly.

Comment · unlike · Share

7fyjbwev.png TaiwanCHT8k likes this

hey guys,

tried several roms but never got very satisfied with the performance of the pulse under 2.1.

id like to try this one. how do i get app2sd and swap running on this rom?

and how are your experiences with this rom?

im tired of whiping my phone, feels like ive done it 1000 times :lol:

Guest AntonioPT
hey guys,

tried several roms but never got very satisfied with the performance of the pulse under 2.1.

im tired of whiping my phone, feels like ive done it 1000 times :lol:

Why? FLB-MOD 1.6b with swap is pretty fast...

hey guys,

im tired of whiping my phone, feels like ive done it 1000 times B)

IT'S ALIVE! :lol:

I've got it running on my phone as I type. But, I'm still a ways off from cooking it into something that's easy to distribute. I'm no hacker, and this stuff has been very complicated for my little brain.

If you are desperate and willing to jump through a few hoops, I can upload the basic boot.img in flashable format (rooted, a2sd enabled, and swap enabled). and you can then install the latest Superuser and DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 final yourself (via those apps flashable installs). Otherwise, given that I need to go to sleep soon so I can get up for work tomorrow, it might be a long time until I can get something easier to work with (if ever; there are no guarantees).

But, there is no guarantee this rom is any faster than any other rom you've tried. I find FLB 1.6b to be quite quick as does Antonio. And since I haven't tweaked this rom (particularly swappiness), I have no idea how it will compare in real world use.

Comment · unlike · Share

7fyjbwev.png TaiwanCHT8k likes this

Hey, now that I have some idea how to do this, maybe it would be fun to try to root, add a2sd and swap to the CHT8000 rom.

Any reason to try it? Have you seen it done already? What do you think?

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Hey, now that I have some idea how to do this, maybe it would be fun to try to root, add a2sd and swap to the CHT8000 rom.

Any reason to try it? Have you seen it done already? What do you think?

I personally prefer flibbie's boot image due to the fact that it is compatible to both TRE and CHT roms

but on the other hand I wish I could have a working Darktremer's 2.7.5 final to manage the swap feature

-------edit--------------------------

Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.1 :

I also added a way to change the swap partition's "swappiness" value. The command: a2sd swappyxx, where xx is the percentage of swappiness you want...i.e. 30% = a2sd swappy30.
B) :lol: Edited by TaiwanCHT8k

I personally prefer flibbie's boot image due to the fact that it is compatible to both TRE and CHT roms

but on the other hand I wish I could have a working Darktremer's 2.7.5 final to manage the swap feature

-------edit--------------------------

Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.1 :

:lol: :lol:

Well, "someone" is running DT Apps2SD 2.7.5.1 with swappiness set at 15 at the moment. B)

Edit: Here's the boot.img in flashable format: treswapboot_signed.zip

NOTE: This is the Tre 2.1 boot.img with the 2.6.29 kernel fibblesan hacked. Superuser, DT Apps2SD, and Terminal Emulator must be installed by the user. This is only the boot image with stuff turned on. So you need to have the latest Superuser and Apps2SD zip ready to go on your SD card.

YMMV. No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied. B)

For the record, I started with a totally fresh install of the Tre update (updata), booted once, rebooted to fastboot to flash Clockwork recovery, rebooted into recovery, wiped, installed the boot.img, installed Superuser 2.3.2.1-ef, installed DT Apps2SD, rebooted, installed Terminal Emulator.

Edited by twrock

• 4 weeks later...

OMG.

Im so dumb.

I just thought, reading thru all the pages, and not looking at the dates.

That this was a new update, that got released like couple days ago.

Lulz

• 1 month later...
Guest Androidboy :)
I cant get market to work on 2.1 i know many people who has complained about that issue and i tried everything i could find but it didnt work

okay sorry got it work now :( i updated to swedish but i cant find swedish anywhere