swedish Tre 2.1 Vs Hungarian 2.1?

Guest sniperuk

Guest igor_anta
Try this one: boot.zip

this boots on my pulse. I've made no changes apart from rooting and a2sd support.

This is the Swedish tre update with apps2sd and root? Cheers!

Guest Simon O
This is the Swedish tre update with apps2sd and root? Cheers!

It's just a replacement boot image for testing that it actually boots for tre users.

If you have the tre rom installed then you can flash boot_update.zip from recovery and this will provide the patched boot.img along with A2SD and superuser.

Guest goce.nakov
It's just a replacement boot image for testing that it actually boots for tre users.

If you have the tre rom installed then you can flash boot_update.zip from recovery and this will provide the patched boot.img along with A2SD and superuser.

OK found what is the prob....

When you try to move Dalvik on to SD the phone freeze and when you try to reboot it got stuck in android logo boot loop.

Guest Simon O
OK found what is the prob....

When you try to move Dalvik on to SD the phone freeze and when you try to reboot it got stuck in android logo boot loop.

Strange. The latest A2SD should be preventing that issue. Dalvik to SD works here but if it doesn't work then A2SD is meant to move back to the device.

Guest Simon O
i tried running a2sd from android terminal (phone) and although the script ran fine, guess what, bootloop :)

Is your a2sd set to have dalvik-cache on SD or device?

Guest goce.nakov
Strange. The latest A2SD should be preventing that issue. Dalvik to SD works here but if it doesn't work then A2SD is meant to move back to the device.

I'v reinstalled from scratch with 2 updates, then I downloaded Terminal from the market and tried to move Dalvik on to SD.

It got stuck on "moving Dalvik on SD" I needed to remove the battery.

When the phone rebooted it got stuck on first Android logo.

I waited 10 min and I'm reinstalling now from scratch again

Guest Simon O
I'v reinstalled from scratch with 2 updates, then I downloaded Terminal from the market and tried to move Dalvik on to SD.

It got stuck on "moving Dalvik on SD" I needed to remove the battery.

When the phone rebooted it got stuck on first Android logo.

I waited 10 min and I'm reinstalling now from scratch again

:)

sorry for causing problems. I'm going to flash the tre rom to my device to see if I get the same issues or not.

Any wiping required?

Guest goce.nakov
:)

sorry for causing problems. I'm going to flash the tre rom to my device to see if I get the same issues or not.

I'v flashed Tre update (thru time machine then tre update) then boot_update.zip....... still doesn't working.

Stuck on android boot logo

Guest Simon O
Still no luck booting, tried your boot image too... here are some logs I could pull, nothing makes any sense to me :S

Hm. I think the best solution would be for me to upload the entire rom in a flashable update. I really haven't got a clue why the replacement boot image isn't working for you :)

I've flashed an update onto my phone with A2SD and root and it installs and boots fine. Other than those two it's a standard rom. Should work for everyone that could use the Tre rom in the first place.

Get it here: tre21rom-rooted-su.zip

Flash through recovery and do a full wipe of data, dalvik and SD.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest whackster
There is also another important file you should know about. In /system/recovery.img there is a full copy of everything that is loaded on mtd1. This file is automatically flashed onto mtd1 every time you shut down. That means two things: 1. Any changes you make directly to /dev/mtd/mtd1 get blown away on reboot and 2. If you want to change /dev/mtd/mtd1 you're probably better off just sticking the image in /system/recovery.img and rebooting. When creating your own custom update.zip files (especially when adapting the stock images), you can get tripped up if you forget to replace /system/recovery.img and it ends up overwriting /dev/mtd/mtd1 unbeknownst to you. Watch out.

Anyone know if our Pulses have something similar, and the backup boot image gets re-flashed on boot?

Guest Simon O
Anyone know if our Pulses have something similar, and the backup boot image gets re-flashed on boot?

Nope, nothing like that on the pulse.

Guest goce.nakov
Nope, nothing like that on the pulse.

Still no luck even with flashing the whole ROM you uploaded.

When I'm installing only Tre UPDATE it is booting and working fine.

When I'm flashing the ROM you uploaded thru recovery it just got stuck on Android logo.

Ups......... it's a LIVE :) it is booting will see how it's going further

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Simon O
Still no luck even with flashing the whole ROM you uploaded.

When I'm installing only Tre UPDATE it is booting and working fine.

When I'm flashing the ROM you uploaded thru recovery it just got stuck on Android logo.

Ups......... it's a LIVE :) it is booting will see how it's going further

First boot will take a while as dalvik cache needs to be built.

Guest goce.nakov
First boot will take a while as dalvik cache needs to be built.

Something strange happened.

I'v got set up screen then the phone rebooted on animated android logo and got stuck in boot loop :)

Guest Simon O
Something strange happened.

I'v got set up screen then the phone rebooted on animated android logo and got stuck in boot loop :)

run adb shell and do a2sd check. Report back if dalvik is on device or sd please.

Guest goce.nakov
run adb shell and do a2sd check. Report back if dalvik is on device or sd please.

Successful boot on second time

Downloaded terminal and checked a2sd

Dalvik run's from internal storage.

Should I try to run from SD?

Guest Simon O
Successful boot on second time

Downloaded terminal and checked a2sd

Dalvik run's from internal storage.

Should I try to run from SD?

If you have a good SD card (Class 4 or Class 6) then try it.

a2sd cachesd

Guest Kandesys

Just tried the full update zip.

And stuck in a boot loop on Android logo.

a2sd check showed dalvik running from sd card.

so did a2sd nocache to move dalvik to internal, rebooted and now booted ok.

Any idea why it would start with dalvik on sd initially?

Guest goce.nakov
If you have a good SD card (Class 4 or Class 6) then try it.

a2sd cachesd

it got stacked on "moving Dalvik on SD card".......

hmm is it possible that my SD bricked......though it was working fine with FLB ROM

now again is stacked on android boot logo :)