[ROM]AMDZero ZeroStock v1.1 [i920-23569-DC23]

Guest Captain Clam

AMDZero, I have to say you have become to the Omnia, what Wozzer was to the Treo... you Sir are legend.

Thanks a lot for getting me hooked on Sense. I have been running ZeroSense_1_5.7z (23569.5.5.0) since you released it. It is without exception the most stable ROM of the 15 or so I have tried since I got my i920 on release day and began obsessing over the loss of the directional center key on my i910... but I digress.

Did I hear tell in this post of a new and even tastier sense release than the 1_5.7 release? If so, and you have the time, please answer a couple question as to whether or not the following are possible for future releases.

1. Can the center button be mapped eventually to the taskswitcher (I think I saw something in Nija4Hire's post about that working)

B. For those of us who have Exchange Server enforced password restrictions, can we ever hope to have a better unlock screen?

3. If I exclude myself from the password enforcement, is it possible to run a pattern/ phot based unlock program with these newer builds? I tried this seemly awesome product called SFR Password that let you setup touch points on a photo as your unlock screen. Unfortunately, while stable on many phones it was not on the WM6.51 build I was running and I had to uninstall it. Seemed to run on the Omnia 910 WM6.5 just fine.

3.27 Do you think it would be possible to use the version of the HTC HD sense on our phones? It may be a really stupid question, but looking at the hardware specs the i920 seems to clobber it.

IV. Any way to get two rows of quick buttons on the main screen of a sense build?

F. Is there any way to cut IE out of a ROM?

I have just read the "Get in the kitchen already" post and am going to start cooking tonight, but thought I would ask these newb questions in the event you had the time to spare. If not, please feel free to ignore my post.

Thanks again...

Edited by Captain Clam

Guest amdzero
AMDZero, I have to say you have become to the Omnia, what Wozzer was to the Treo... you Sir are legend.

Thanks a lot for getting me hooked on Sense. I have been running ZeroSense_1_5.7z (23569.5.5.0) since you released it. It is without exception the most stable ROM of the 15 or so I have tried since I got my i920 on release day and began obsessing over the loss of the directional center key on my i910... but I digress.

Did I hear tell in this post of a new and even tastier sense release than the 1_5.7 release? If so, and you have the time, please answer a couple question as to whether or not the following are possible for future releases.

1. Can the center button be mapped eventually to the taskswitcher (I think I saw something in Nija4Hire's post about that working)

B. For those of us who have Exchange Server enforced password restrictions, can we ever hope to have a better unlock screen?

3. If I exclude myself from the password enforcement, is it possible to run a pattern/ phot based unlock program with these newer builds? I tried this seemly awesome product called SFR Password that let you setup touch points on a photo as your unlock screen. Unfortunately, while stable on many phones it was not on the WM6.51 build I was running and I had to uninstall it. Seemed to run on the Omnia 910 WM6.5 just fine.

3.27 Do you think it would be possible to use the version of the HTC HD sense on our phones? It may be a really stupid question, but looking at the hardware specs the i920 seems to clobber it.

IV. Any way to get two rows of quick buttons on the main screen of a sense build?

F. Is there any way to cut IE out of a ROM?

I have just read the "Get in the kitchen already" post and am going to start cooking tonight, but thought I would ask these newb questions in the event you had the time to spare. If not, please feel free to ignore my post.

Thanks again...

whew thats a lot of text...

Okay Wozzer is definately legend not only for Treo, but for Omnia 1 and 2, as he got me (us) started cooking for the Omnia 2. Big props to Wozzer!

okay I am currently testing a new release, everytime I think I'm about to release it I think of something else. The newest thing was to cook in the Factbook 1.5 tab (dated 7/15/2010) but its not going well, I me just remove it.

The other thing I am working on is a program that lets users switch between the Phone Canvas (HTC), WinMo Dialer, and the Samsung Dialer. I've not programmed in quite some time so its taking longer than expected.

anyways onto your questions...

1. The center button on the ZeroSense roms are mapped to taskswitcher already (press and hold for 2 seconds). I've tried mapping the center button (no hold) but it doesn't hold as Sense is doing some funky things with the buttons (Waiting for Ninja to fix this, haha right back at ya bro!)

B. I unfortunetly don't have Exchange Server, so I cannot test anything that has it. I am cooking S2U2 in this new rom and it does have password capability (along with weather and notification dismiss right on the lock screen!)

3. I've not tried any password enforcement, as I don't keep a ROM on my phone long enough to use it. If you find one that works I will consider cooking it in.

3.27 HTC Sense is just a program that runs on WinMo to take over some of the UI components. The biggest one is the today screen. Now HTC has been making phones for a REALLY long time (even before they were KNOWN to make pda/phones). This means that they tweak them out and utilize every ounce of microchip processing power and the drivers are specifically written to handle amazing content with superb speeds. I know that the processors are great on the i920 (not complaining!) but until we get a Sense version that utilizes OpenGL v2 we have to deal with the slightly laggy (this new version is a bit faster) sense we are currently cooking with.

IV. The quick rows thing I'm sure is possible, look up co0kie tab over at xda and let me know, its probably a registry thing anyway.

F. If I cut IE out of the rom you will loose some valuable content as there are some programs that use the IE interface to communicate through. Also if I remove it, I have to replace it with something else, and although Opera 10 is nice, it is pretty damn large.

P.S. GET IN THE KITCHEN ALREADY!

Guest Omega Ra

in response to 4. To get two rows of quicklinks on the home page is easy. Go to registry...HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila>Co0kie>HomeLevel1>quicklinks.layout and change value to 1. (default is 0) you'll probably have to move the calendar up a little in the same homelevel1 go to appointmenst posY and change it to like 15 or so..and it will move it up slightly.

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Captain Clam

I have created my first ROM... however it totally blows compared to yours... I think I may be obsessed now... been up since yesterday... probably common. Managed not to brick my phone, so "I got that go'in for me, which is nice" :-)

Guest Captain Clam
in response to 4. To get two rows of quicklinks on the home page is easy. Go to registry...HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila>Co0kie>HomeLevel1>quicklinks.layout and change value to 1. (default is 0) you'll probably have to move the calendar up a little in the same homelevel1 go to appointmenst posY and change it to like 15 or so..and it will move it up slightly.

Great info Omega... thanks! Worked like a charm!

Guest jezze boi

i was using this ROM for a couple days, and my samsung dialpad just switched into the winmo dialer

i have no way to change it back... and when i install the phonecanvas dialer, all the keys screw up and it just look awful

is there any way to fix this? can phonecanvas only be used with sense installed?

TIA

Guest Omega Ra
Great info Omega... thanks! Worked like a charm!

Not a problem, I have two on my home tab too :angry:

edit: Hey AMD, quick question (again lol) when you release the 90mbRAM ROM do you think you could include Steel's ported i8000 gps driver and Xtra data thingy lol. And will it still have the ability to turn off the samsung dialer skin and still use the phone button? I actually don't mind the dialer, but I hate the Caller ID screen.

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest amdzero
Not a problem, I have two on my home tab too :angry:

edit: Hey AMD, quick question (again lol) when you release the 90mbRAM ROM do you think you could include Steel's ported i8000 gps driver and Xtra data thingy lol. And will it still have the ability to turn off the samsung dialer skin and still use the phone button? I actually don't mind the dialer, but I hate the Caller ID screen.

quick answer, I haven't looked at the i8000 gps nor xtra. I don't have any problems with my gps, usually get a cold fix within a minute to 90 seconds. If his is really better than I'll port it over. Report back with some real results plz!

the new ROM will have the ability to switch between samsung dialer, and winmo. I'm working on this for the Sense rom right now actually.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Phone Canvas NEEDS sense installed or it won't work correctly. The history and several menus point to Sense.

Guest Omega Ra
quick answer, I haven't looked at the i8000 gps nor xtra. I don't have any problems with my gps, usually get a cold fix within a minute to 90 seconds. If his is really better than I'll port it over. Report back with some real results plz!

the new ROM will have the ability to switch between samsung dialer, and winmo. I'm working on this for the Sense rom right now actually.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Phone Canvas NEEDS sense installed or it won't work correctly. The history and several menus point to Sense.

I have yet to try steels ROM with the gps driver (I am using an older version) but he says he gets a cold lock in less than 30 seconds. As for the phone canvas thing, that doesn't matter, just wanted to make sure that the phone button will work with samsung disabled in case i want to use Spam alert or something. I just want the zero stock, because I actually kind of like most of the Samsung menus and calendar and such, but I just don't like the widgets and caller id screen, so a stock ROM with 90mb+ of RAM running Neo Titanium with full screen weather sounds nice :angry:

Guest jezze boi
I have yet to try steels ROM with the gps driver (I am using an older version) but he says he gets a cold lock in less than 30 seconds. As for the phone canvas thing, that doesn't matter, just wanted to make sure that the phone button will work with samsung disabled in case i want to use Spam alert or something. I just want the zero stock, because I actually kind of like most of the Samsung menus and calendar and such, but I just don't like the widgets and caller id screen, so a stock ROM with 90mb+ of RAM running Neo Titanium with full screen weather sounds nice :angry:

there was a thread in this section that included a fix for the dialer button to work with the winmo dialer/phonecanvas

http://www.4shared.com/file/ah4FQB81/Dialer_Fix.html

it can be downloaded there, thx to Steel for the link

just run it and copy it to \Windows\Startup

Guest Omega Ra
there was a thread in this section that included a fix for the dialer button to work with the winmo dialer/phonecanvas

http://www.4shared.com/file/ah4FQB81/Dialer_Fix.html

it can be downloaded there, thx to Steel for the link

just run it and copy it to \Windows\Startup

Oh I have that...I have steel's Sense ROM with it cooked in, I was merely wondering if AMD's new 90mb RAM ROM is going to have it in there is all.

Guest amdzero
Oh I have that...I have steel's Sense ROM with it cooked in, I was merely wondering if AMD's new 90mb RAM ROM is going to have it in there is all.

yes it will, it will have the hookup, just like the sense rom. Patients my friend, patients.

Guest amdzero
Hey, great work. You wouldn't happen to have a cab of the widgets would you? Please say yes...

cab for widgets? how do you mean? The widgetplus today is cooked into this rom already.

Guest nugiene

I know, but I'm flying through so many of these roms, testing and seeing what i like...I want to play with the sense and the widgets in one rom...I even have resco today just for simplicity. Thanks

Guest Mr.DunnDunn

quick question, between this rom and your rom on XDA(AMDZero 23569 Base ROM) which has more available space? Im looking for a base rom but not sure between these 2

also swype with vibration feature is a must. do any of those roms have it?

Edited by Mr.DunnDunn

Guest amdzero
quick question, between this rom and your rom on XDA(AMDZero 23569 Base ROM) which has more available space? Im looking for a base rom but not sure between these 2

also swype with vibration feature is a must. do any of those roms have it?

the base rom hasn't been updated in quite a while, but it DOES have more storage space.

all my roms work with swype and vibration (except my very first version 1 for the base rom).

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
the base rom hasn't been updated in quite a while, but it DOES have more storage space.

all my roms work with swype and vibration (except my very first version 1 for the base rom).

Thanks dude for the response. Im going to try the Base/Lite rom next

Edited by Mr.DunnDunn

Guest WinJo69

AmdZero - Have you updated this one yet?

I know it was having Black on Balck issues and the dialer was a bit flaky.

I'm still working on my own, but this one is cool, (Especially the jinbox port from i8000)

I read the threads and Last thing I saw was you were working on you Sense version and would get bck to this one?

Thanks in advance!

Guest amdzero
how comes the progress? coming along?

well there isn't a black on black issue with this rom (that I'm aware of) and the dialer works fine (for me). This may be a reference to my sense rom, which has fixed the black on black issues...

anyways about the progress...

I've recooked the ZeroStock rom and with titanium enabled, I have been able to verify my RAM saving tools.

with the old way of cooking I get 86MB RAM on zerostock with titanium enabled.

with the new way of cooking I get 94MB RAM on zerostock with titanium enabled. I would only image that it would go up with no titanium and with the default winmo dialer.

As far as cooking the splugins into the rom, I've done it but it isn't as clean as I would like. The link you gave me DOES play the touchplayer, and pause and reads the library from it, but there is an icon in the upper left that looks like its missing. Big red circle with a Big white "x"

I don't think I'll cook splugins at this point. Unless someone can point me to one that "works".

post-463858-1280103869_thumb.pngpost-463858-1280103863_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

Guest Omega Ra

I see what you mean. yeah missing icons it would seem. Have you looked at the korean slider lockscreen? as I said not sure if that can be made to work, but you guys got the phone button and such working so I thought I would ask you guys to see if it was possible.