[ROM]AMDZero ZeroStock v1.1 [i920-23569-DC23]

Guest bmt10

So does this I8000 version of the samsung media player not have shuffle or repeat options? I can't for the life of me find them anywhere in in the touch player of this rom...or am I just being stupid?

Guest Omega Ra
So does this I8000 version of the samsung media player not have shuffle or repeat options? I can't for the life of me find them anywhere in in the touch player of this rom...or am I just being stupid?

touch where the album art is and the option for it comes up...nor with an arrow under it.

Guest bmt10
touch where the album art is and the option for it comes up...nor with an arrow under it.

Ahh thanks...couldn't imagine why those features would missing.

Guest amdzero
Random piece of info, SText brings up jinbox :)

You like that?

if you were to improve the "stock" feel would you add/subtract anything? I feel this rom is complete, but always looking to refine.

Guest Omega Ra
You like that?

if you were to improve the "stock" feel would you add/subtract anything? I feel this rom is complete, but always looking to refine.

I like jinbox and have been wanting to get it into my phone for a while, so being able to use it through the SText panel is great. I feel this is pretty complete too, the only thing I could think of (and it isn't all that important, I use Resco) is the Samsung File Explorer called MyFiles. It is skinned the same as the rest of the phone and is fairly decent (can't do registry or anything like that) but it is more finger-friendly than the WM file explorer. Oh and one more thing (again not that important) but the windows button not opening main menu, but oddly with touch wiz active you can still tap the area where the old windows button was and bring up main menu :) I have a stock i920 right next to me (my sisters) and mine and they are pretty close. Though your ROM runs smoother and has the nicer main menu and touchplayer. The only other thing I would want seems to be impossible at the moment, and that is the korean lock screen working fully. But other than that this is spot on for what Samsung should have given us from the start.

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest amdzero
I like jinbox and have been wanting to get it into my phone for a while, so being able to use it through the SText panel is great. I feel this is pretty complete too, the only thing I could think of (and it isn't all that important, I use Resco) is the Samsung File Explorer called MyFiles. It is skinned the same as the rest of the phone and is fairly decent (can't do registry or anything like that) but it is more finger-friendly than the WM file explorer. Oh and one more thing (again not that important) but the windows button not opening main menu, but oddly with touch wiz active you can still tap the area where the old windows button was and bring up main menu :) I have a stock i920 right next to me (my sisters) and mine and they are pretty close. Though your ROM runs smoother and has the nicer main menu and touchplayer. The only other thing I would want seems to be impossible at the moment, and that is the korean lock screen working fully. But other than that this is spot on for what Samsung should have given us from the start.

yeah File manager is in there (even left the short cut). Its in the windows folder, but since I never use it I didn't copy it to the start menu. I use Resco as well. I hated flashing back to the old stock rom as I was not able to pull up the start menu. Consequently since I use WinMo 6.5.5, with the flag at the bottom, the Start.dll doesn't capture the "normal" flag area which was at the top. The "start.dll" intercepts the coordinates at the top left of the screen to bring up main menu. It was their way of "hiding" the start menu. As we don't have an "official" 6.5.5 release, there is nothing that could be done besides hacking the start.dll with different coordinates.

Glad you like the ROM. I guess the only other thing I would change would be adding a nice looking scroll bar (now that you can use it with default winmo dialer).

Guest Omega Ra
yeah File manager is in there (even left the short cut). Its in the windows folder, but since I never use it I didn't copy it to the start menu. I use Resco as well. I hated flashing back to the old stock rom as I was not able to pull up the start menu. Consequently since I use WinMo 6.5.5, with the flag at the bottom, the Start.dll doesn't capture the "normal" flag area which was at the top. The "start.dll" intercepts the coordinates at the top left of the screen to bring up main menu. It was their way of "hiding" the start menu. As we don't have an "official" 6.5.5 release, there is nothing that could be done besides hacking the start.dll with different coordinates.

Glad you like the ROM. I guess the only other thing I would change would be adding a nice looking scroll bar (now that you can use it with default winmo dialer).

yeah but for the "Stock" feel the scroll bar that is there is fine, but I have already changed the taskbar and startbar icons :)

Guest amdzero
yeah but for the "Stock" feel the scroll bar that is there is fine, but I have already changed the taskbar and startbar icons :)

yeah good point. Others can add their touches as they see fit.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
I think it was like 150mb area..I started installing stuff so don't remember precisely.

thanks

also 1 more question in general, does anybody have a youtube.cab that was on the stock O2 VZW rom? The standard YT app sucks and 1's i tried from other roms dont play videos

Guest amdzero
thanks

also 1 more question in general, does anybody have a youtube.cab that was on the stock O2 VZW rom? The standard YT app sucks and 1's i tried from other roms dont play videos

I don't think the stock O2 has a youtube app.

Guest urphonesux

amdzero would it be possible for you to make this rom with colored taskbar icons and colored start menu flag icon and x buttons in the today screen and all of the rest of the screens like the dialer screen too?

also what about removing all of the apps that i could install to my storage to free up even more memory?

And increasing the page pool size to the max amount so that the phone would be as speedy as possible but still stable?

If so, would you please?

I get my O2 in 3 days and im coming from the i910 and would like to just have a blank slate stock rom with the touchwiz ui to start out on.

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
amdzero would it be possible for you to make this rom with colored taskbar icons and colored start menu flag icon and x buttons in the today screen and all of the rest of the screens like the dialer screen too?

also what about removing all of the apps that i could install to my storage to free up even more memory?

And increasing the page pool size to the max amount so that the phone would be as speedy as possible but still stable?

If so, would you please?

I get my O2 in 3 days and im coming from the i910 and would like to just have a blank slate stock rom with the touchwiz ui to start out on.

Could you explain a little further?

I think what you are asking is for me to skin it like I've skinned my base rom or sense rom. But x buttons in today screen? dialer?

I could increase the pagepool, just realize it is a trade off. The more page pool you have, the more programs you can theoretically have open at once, but the less total RAM you will be able to use for the programs.

Page pool is used to storring the programs, the programs themselves don't have "access" to this pagepool. They instead use RAM.

I've been toying with the idea of making an uber lite rom with absolutly nothing but drivers. But I'd need a list of things that makes the phone functional.

For instance I would start with the phone should be able to:

1. make calls

2. use the internet (data connection)

3. connect to a BT headset/earpiece

4. connect to a WiFi network

5. take pictures

6. send sms/mms

is there anything else that a normal PHONE would use? And I DON"T have this working yet. I can get it to do the first 2 but thats it for now. I've been trying to tweak sense some more.

Guest urphonesux

on the o1 whenever I would install a theme for colored softkeys,everything would be colored except for the today screen start menu flag button icon and the start menu flag in the dialer screen. So what was colored correctly was the start menu flag button icon and the x button in the actual start menu itself where you see your list of apps. I would much rather have everything colored including the top taskbar so that the entire theme flows you know?

as far as the page pool goes make it as large as the phone can handle without sacrificing any usability. On the o1 my current rom is 16mb but for the o2 I've seen some as large as 25mb?. How high can we really go?

yes definitely those 6 things you listed plus I'd need a way to end idle data connections easily that won't drain my battery.

quickest gps locks possible

is there something like the sans animation they're cooking into the i910 roms for the i920? If so that would be great if not the fatest rotation animation speed possible

highest comfortable volume settings

any reg tweaks for anything positive performance wise

keyboard that is comfortable in landscape mode as well as in portrait mode

phone would mostly be used in landscape mode so it would it have to operate as close to excellency as possible in that orientation

the most current skcerts/aio security unlock tweaks

best touch sensitivity possible

rather have full scroll and not the clicking or one by one scrolling in i910 roms that DONT have the ftouchsl cooked in

the focus would be fast performance/best battery life/more visually enhanced look(from the modified soft key buttons and taskbar) from just the first boot what we install afterwards is on us

in landscape mode the start menu should cover the entire real estate of the screen as opposed to being centered like default o1 roms

of course it should be the latest version of windows mobile that you trust (6.5+)

it doesnt really even have to have titanium in it, im only gonna disable it anyway

id say the latest version of microsoft myphone for me but everyone may not use that

no folders in the start menu i rather make my own so just loose shortcuts would be fine

any cool buttons you have to change the shapes of the soft key buttons so its not the same plain classic blue treatment

hmmm.... I'd definitely need a way to end my idle data connections without draining my battery

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
on the o1 whenever I would install a theme for colored softkeys,everything would be colored except for the today screen start menu flag button icon and the start menu flag in the dialer screen. So what was colored correctly was the start menu flag button icon and the x button in the actual start menu itself where you see your list of apps. I would much rather have everything colored including the top taskbar so that the entire theme flows you know?

as far as the page pool goes make it as large as the phone can handle without sacrificing any usability. On the o1 my current rom is 16mb but for the o2 I've seen some as large as 25mb?. How high can we really go?

yes definitely those 6 things you listed plus I'd need a way to end idle data connections easily that won't drain my battery.

quickest gps locks possible

is there something like the sans animation they're cooking into the i910 roms for the i920? If so that would be great if not the fatest rotation animation speed possible

highest comfortable volume settings

any reg tweaks for anything positive performance wise

hmmm.... I'd definitely need a way to end my idle data connections without draining my battery

well for the data connections there is a prog I used called auto disconnect, and there was a 1min cab and a 5 min cab. It works for O2, but I see what you mean.

I'm not aware of what "sans animation" is could you expand?

Guest urphonesux

if you could use an EXT from a i910, i found one here that you could use

http://www.4shared.com/file/Cm14jVkT/Animation.html

otherwise the thread about it is here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...rse-engineered/

basically it adds a few new rotation choices to the menu including one that doesnt have a animation so the screen rotates very fast

Thank you for taking the time to consider this project

o and on the o1 we had a dll that gives you a setting to make a longpress of the end call key disconnect a data connection.

does the o2 do this?if so that would be cool if not maybe this could work from the i910?it would go in the oemapps folder

http://www.4shared.com/file/riV7RzRv/EndKey.html

Edited by urphonesux

Guest rpmm70
if you could use an EXT from a i910, i found one here that you could use

http://www.4shared.com/file/Cm14jVkT/Animation.html

otherwise the thread about it is here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...rse-engineered/

basically it adds a few new rotation choices to the menu including one that doesnt have a animation so the screen rotates very fast

Thank you for taking the time to consider this project

o and on the o1 we had a dll that gives you a setting to make a longpress of the end call key disconnect a data connection.

does the o2 do this?if so that would be cool if not maybe this could work from the i910?it would go in the oemapps folder

http://www.4shared.com/file/riV7RzRv/EndKey.html

If rotation is enabled on the O2, by default there is no animation. I am not sure if you can set rotation animations

It is not possible to change the settings for a long press. Some of the chefs tried to get Slide2Shutdown work with long press with no success because of Samsung's proprietary function calls. I would suggest using the Auto Disconnect program that AMD suggested

Guest amdzero
If rotation is enabled on the O2, by default there is no animation. I am not sure if you can set rotation animations

It is not possible to change the settings for a long press. Some of the chefs tried to get Slide2Shutdown work with long press with no success because of Samsung's proprietary function calls. I would suggest using the Auto Disconnect program that AMD suggested

yeah we can remap the long press of the button, but then you CANNOT turn off the phone unless you pull the battery. I still haven't found the correct function call parameters to design a program that simply shuts off the phone.