[ROM]AMDZero ZeroStock v1.1 [i920-23569-DC23]

Guest Omega Ra
Finally got around to flashing this ROM and boy am I glad I did! Another great job AMDZero!! I had forgotten how much I like the simplicity and speed of Titanium. Can anyone point me to a thread with some hints on how to install Titanium Plugins for the SCH-I920??

Thanks!!

P.S. After using Sense and iPhone Today so much the last few months, it is nice to actually be able to see my wallpaper again! :D

Another thing that is great about this ROM is that it uses the default Titanium .cpr...NOT the SPlugins, so any normal titanium plugin .cab will work fine :D

Guest batch519
Another thing that is great about this ROM is that it uses the default Titanium .cpr...NOT the SPlugins, so any normal titanium plugin .cab will work fine :D

Thanks for the heads up!!

Guest JeremyGNJ

Love this ROM!!! I was a big fan of Yardi's ROM because it was "stock with tweaks", and I have been patiently waiting for an update to no avail. But my device had become a little quirky (not sure why, dont thik it's the ROM's fault) and decided to try something new and saw this was basically stock and also 6.5.5.

VERY NICE love it, keep up the great work.

Only weird thing I notice is that previously the screen gave vibration-feedback EVERY time I touched it. With this ROM only some apps/buttons seem to make it vibrate, and when it does, it's not as strong of a vibe. Is this setting customizable someplace? I cant seem to find any such setting.

Guest WolfpackInCO

This ROM has been outstanding - fast stable and lots of headroom. The one issue I'm having is with how text messaging works. You have to always delete what someone wrote to you if you don't want to send that back to them. So if someone sends me a text that says "hello", and I click reply, I get the reply window with "hello" still there. If you type "hey", they'll get a text that says "hello hey". So you're always having to delete what they write?!

Guest amdzero
This ROM has been outstanding - fast stable and lots of headroom. The one issue I'm having is with how text messaging works. You have to always delete what someone wrote to you if you don't want to send that back to them. So if someone sends me a text that says "hello", and I click reply, I get the reply window with "hello" still there. If you type "hey", they'll get a text that says "hello hey". So you're always having to delete what they write?!

yeah I don't know why, but I have this issue with my sense rom as well. I assumed it was always the case. Does the stock rom, or any other custom roms have this issue?

Also I don't know how to change touch vibration settings anyone else?

Guest urphonesux

Well i finally got my replacement from verizon and wouldnt you know that it CAME with a extended battery so needless to say the bodyglove case id ordered from amazon will not work on it at all.

i experienced that sms problem on this rom as well. i figured that it is the way the samsung messaging app works. Using the windows messaging app does not do this, so i skinned it with a iphone look and am currently using it.

Thanks for you work Amdzero i flashed this rom and liked it but then i came across your base/lite roms and took one look at the free memory space and fell in love. I tried overclocking but it doesnt seem worth it to me. I just put the phone in high performance mode and im good to go.

Another thing is that the swype in the lite rom operates faster in landscape mode for me than the swype in the amdzero stock rom. As a matter of fact i disabled swype in the amdzero stock rom and now i love it all over again

Also the 1 minute gprs off reg tweak seems to be working. After changing the values i had to soft reset the phone before my data would connect again but now it is fine.

Guest WolfpackInCO
yeah I don't know why, but I have this issue with my sense rom as well. I assumed it was always the case. Does the stock rom, or any other custom roms have this issue?

Also I don't know how to change touch vibration settings anyone else?

I've not had it with other custom roms, but it could be the fault of the samsung program. What's the registery edit to make it use the windows version?

Guest amdzero
Well i finally got my replacement from verizon and wouldnt you know that it CAME with a extended battery so needless to say the bodyglove case id ordered from amazon will not work on it at all.

i experienced that sms problem on this rom as well. i figured that it is the way the samsung messaging app works. Using the windows messaging app does not do this, so i skinned it with a iphone look and am currently using it.

Thanks for you work Amdzero i flashed this rom and liked it but then i came across your base/lite roms and took one look at the free memory space and fell in love. I tried overclocking but it doesnt seem worth it to me. I just put the phone in high performance mode and im good to go.

Another thing is that the swype in the lite rom operates faster in landscape mode for me than the swype in the amdzero stock rom. As a matter of fact i disabled swype in the amdzero stock rom and now i love it all over again

Also the 1 minute gprs off reg tweak seems to be working. After changing the values i had to soft reset the phone before my data would connect again but now it is fine.

sounds good! I may update my base/lite roms with the better memory rom tools I have, but I don't see anything else I'd add.

Guest urphonesux
sounds good! I may update my base/lite roms with the better memory rom tools I have, but I don't see anything else I'd add.

better memory rom tools

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd flash it ASAP!!!!!

to use the default windows txting just use the messaging link in your start menu

Guest amdzero
better memory rom tools

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd flash it ASAP!!!!!

to use the default windows txting just use the messaging link in your start menu

is this in reference to the jInbox I put in this stock rom?

Guest WolfpackInCO
better memory rom tools

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd flash it ASAP!!!!!

That doesn't work. It's still jinbox.

Guest Fogfire
name one time it was useful and you didnt know who was calling you that wasnt already in your contacts or you were able to say, hmmm, who do i know in area code 212....hmmm, .... hmmmm, Ding! You Have 1 Missed Call. ;)

Actually thought it as pretty cool.. I am looking for work and started getting calls from Bay area recruiters. also we have two giant area codes near seattle nice to get it narrowed down But not cool enough to pay $2 a month. Someone will do it for free eventually. Not stupid just overpriced.. :huh:

Guest Narlhotep

I absolutely love this ROM! It is my first flash and I'm having no issues with core functions like some of the other posters. The issue I am having its with my two favorite 3rd party apps. Beyondpod and Weather Watcher. Neither app is displaying their internal content correctly. BP works, but will not show podcast descriptions and there are no scrollbars for any of its menus. WW opens all its content in a separate Opera m10 window. I won't say this is a deal breaker for the ROM at this point, but I really got used to these apps.

Help Me AMDZERO, you are my only hope...for ditching the Verizon crap.

Guest amdzero
I absolutely love this ROM! It is my first flash and I'm having no issues with core functions like some of the other posters. The issue I am having its with my two favorite 3rd party apps. Beyondpod and Weather Watcher. Neither app is displaying their internal content correctly. BP works, but will not show podcast descriptions and there are no scrollbars for any of its menus. WW opens all its content in a separate Opera m10 window. I won't say this is a deal breaker for the ROM at this point, but I really got used to these apps.

Help Me AMDZERO, you are my only hope...for ditching the Verizon crap.

no scroll is a "feature" caused by me. I removed the scroll bar as it show up in the dialer if you don't take it out. Its still there, just disabled in the registry. If you use dialer switcher and use default winmo dialer, you can use the scroll bar again.

I removed podcast stuff from this rom as I didn't think anyone used it.

If this is the case, I MAY be able to cab up the content I removed if you like.

Guest Narlhotep
no scroll is a "feature" caused by me. I removed the scroll bar as it show up in the dialer if you don't take it out. Its still there, just disabled in the registry. If you use dialer switcher and use default winmo dialer, you can use the scroll bar again.

I removed podcast stuff from this rom as I didn't think anyone used it.

If this is the case, I MAY be able to cab up the content I removed if you like.

Ok, got the scroll-bar thing, I did see that on earlier posts.

I did a bad job of describing the problem.

I can't really describe the problem in more technical detail because I'm semi-clueless, but:

I use these 3rd party apps which integrate HTML (I think, someone will correct me if I'm wrong) into their interface. The HTML content that should show in these programs either does not display at all using Zero Stock or it opens in the default web browser (I like Opera 10). The problem was not present with the Verizon stock ROM, and Beyondpod was installed and malfunctioning prior to installing Opera 10 (the first thing I thought was that Opera had changed the registry and was grabbing all HTML content no matter what program was linking to it , so I reflashed and installed BP 1st).

To see the problem try Weather Watcher- if you try to update the weather it opens in the default web browser instead of its (albeit meager) interface.

I feel like I'm just missing something simple that someone who knows more about reg editing would know-sorry about that.

WWM1017.CAB

BeyondPod_3_1_1.CAB

Edited by Narlhotep

Guest JeremyGNJ

Ok, I have a couple of questions about this ROM now after using it for a day.

1. How can I switch the Samsung-ized SMS app to be my default SMS reader?

2. How can I get the samsung-ized Calendar and Tasks apps to work after disabling Titanium? There's no shortcuts on start menu, and I have no idea what the EXE's are.

Forgive me if these are n00b questions but I couldnt find any clear-cut answers to these

Guest amdzero
Ok, got the scroll-bar thing, I did see that on earlier posts.

I did a bad job of describing the problem.

I can't really describe the problem in more technical detail because I'm semi-clueless, but:

I use these 3rd party apps which integrate HTML (I think, someone will correct me if I'm wrong) into their interface. The HTML content that should show in these programs either does not display at all using Zero Stock or it opens in the default web browser (I like Opera 10). The problem was not present with the Verizon stock ROM, and Beyondpod was installed and malfunctioning prior to installing Opera 10 (the first thing I thought was that Opera had changed the registry and was grabbing all HTML content no matter what program was linking to it , so I reflashed and installed BP 1st).

To see the problem try Weather Watcher- if you try to update the weather it opens in the default web browser instead of its (albeit meager) interface.

I feel like I'm just missing something simple that someone who knows more about reg editing would know-sorry about that.

Its going to take some time before I get to this unfortunetly I'm working on a new sense rom right now. I DO know that I removed opera 9.5 and the registry entries, so this may be the cause of your problems.

Guest amdzero
Ok, I have a couple of questions about this ROM now after using it for a day.

1. How can I switch the Samsung-ized SMS app to be my default SMS reader?

2. How can I get the samsung-ized Calendar and Tasks apps to work after disabling Titanium? There's no shortcuts on start menu, and I have no idea what the EXE's are.

Forgive me if these are n00b questions but I couldnt find any clear-cut answers to these

look in the registry (you can use task manager) for RAI stuff...

;change default calendar to samsung version

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"="\"\\windows\\tcalendar.exe\" /week"

Guest Narlhotep
Its going to take some time before I get to this unfortunetly I'm working on a new sense rom right now. I DO know that I removed opera 9.5 and the registry entries, so this may be the cause of your problems.

Thanks again, Still love the ROM and decided to stick with it. Beyond Pod still works fine, it just doesn't display the embedded html stuff (all it is is show descriptions and links). Replaced Weather Watcher with Opera linked to Weather Underground site-still two buttons to get detailed weather info, so really the same thing.

I am surprised that I'm the only one out there using apps with embedded html.

If you stumble across the registry strings that were baked with the original Opera 9.5 in the Verizon ROM while baking future ROMs, could you give them a post?

Thanks again for the kick-ass ROM and all the work you do!

Guest JeremyGNJ
look in the registry (you can use task manager) for RAI stuff...

;change default calendar to samsung version

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"="\"\\windows\\tcalendar.exe\" /week"

I "kind of" got this working. Some shortcuts now launch the Samsung apps. However lets say I get a notification on the bottom bar, that says I have a new SMS, if I hit the "open" button on the pop-up it takes me to the default Windows App.

Also, FYI, I've noticed that if I take picture with the camera at full res.....if I view and try to send it via MMS, it tells me (after a long pause) that the picture is too big for MMS and if I would like to resize it. This never happened with my other ROM, (Yadi's) it always just sent it without the prompt (or the pause). Not sure what that's all about, but thought you might want to look at it.

Guest urphonesux

i dont know.......... i just flashed to this rom and im liking it so far. you should try this rom with easy today launcher on high performance mode. My phone is VERY fast all across the board. Try it and see

Im gonna try the Base rom next time i flash but for now im good.

Anybody know how to activesync the O2 to XP through bluetooth?

Edited by urphonesux

Guest Fogfire

This looks to be near perfect.. not a lot of subjective tweaking.

updating to Office 2010 would make it near a perfect Stock style update with the new tplayer and GPS driver

I think a "stock" with 6.5.3 would be a great project.

Thanks for the work on this..

Guest amdzero
This looks to be near perfect.. not a lot of subjective tweaking.

updating to Office 2010 would make it near a perfect Stock style update with the new tplayer and GPS driver

I think a "stock" with 6.5.3 would be a great project.

Thanks for the work on this..

What version of office is in this ROM? I thought it already had O2010?

This is 6.5.5 (23569)

Version 6.5.3 (231XX) would look almost identical, I don't even see a difference anymore.