I9000XWJG3 now available!

Guest Sim-1

Guest speedofheat
What is the general opinion of this rom? I'm still on the Australian version JF3, and wanting to tinker after being a custom rom junkie on my N1.

Does anyone know if this will work on an Australian Galaxy S (Optus)?? I'm assuming the radio will support 2100 UTMS?

I like this ROM. Has been working fine. Lag is still evident but its occurrence is vastly reduced. I have not witnessed any stalls yet.

Guest vega5aw

I installed JG3 2 days ago and it was vast improvement over JF3. GPS works and phone very fast and snappy HOWEVER, its now starting to lag quite a lot when opening apps, opening contacts etc. I have very few apps installed.

I installed handcent last night though as the default samsung message bubbles are AWFUL so it could be handcent thats causing the probs?

I have task manager also

Will mcr2 work with this? also when I check firmware it says basebandJG1 and build number JG3, is that right?

Guest Wardski
I installed JG3 2 days ago and it was vast improvement over JF3. GPS works and phone very fast and snappy HOWEVER, its now starting to lag quite a lot when opening apps, opening contacts etc. I have very few apps installed.

I installed handcent last night though as the default samsung message bubbles are AWFUL so it could be handcent thats causing the probs?

I have task manager also

Will mcr2 work with this? also when I check firmware it says basebandJG1 and build number JG3, is that right?

On JF3, I had a bug where if I was using Handcent, I would not receive SMS messages on the same carrier... It was strange.. No SMS's from my friends and wife on Optus, but my mate on Telstra worked fine. I also had instability issues when Handcent was kept in memory.

So... I did a factory restore, and have not used it since. I've installed every other app I had on previously and its all fine.. So.. I can only assume that Handcent creates issues for the SGS

Guest crocodilius

I have task manager also

Yes, MCR2 works fine on the JG3 firmware.

Use typical install. First, install a fresh copy of the firmware JG3 with Odin. Then change the filename MCR2 update.zip and copy it sdcard directory. Prepare the phone for installation by pressing the keys Vol Up + Home + Power, and finally install update.zip. Works perfectly, no errors.