Removing MS Apps from ROM

Guest cicciosprint

Guest cicciosprint

Hello everyone!

After trying today my first cooked ROM (a Sense one) I was somewhat unimpressed and thus restarted my old kitchen to build a ROM fully suiting my needs (namely, I don't care about ultralites, I happen to like Asphalt, I happen to like Widgetplus and yes I use the Cube menu, I like Samsung ringtones etc etc etc) but without outdated versions of programs I do us anyway.

I managed to remove Facebook, Youtube and Opera however, to complete my work, I need to get rid of Windows Live/Messenger, MyPhone, Office, Money and Meteo. How do I accomplish this?

Also, where are SecurityRed, Mobile Security and WMWifiRouter stored? When I removed FB and forth I easily found every reference in the RGU and initflash.dat files, but nothing on those (and obviously on My Phone, but results showed up in the SYS; too afraid to meddle in that folder though)

Thanks!

Edited by cicciosprint

Guest shadowangel
Hello everyone!

After trying today my first cooked ROM (a Sense one) I was somewhat unimpressed and thus restarted my old kitchen to build a ROM fully suiting my needs (namely, I don't care about ultralites, I happen to like Asphalt, I happen to like Widgetplus and yes I use the Cube menu, I like Samsung ringtones etc etc etc) but without outdated versions of programs I do us anyway.

I managed to remove Facebook, Youtube and Opera however, to complete my work, I need to get rid of Windows Live/Messenger, MyPhone, Office, Money and Meteo. How do I accomplish this?

Also, where are SecurityRed, Mobile Security and WMWifiRouter stored? When I removed FB and forth I easily found every reference in the RGU and initflash.dat files, but nothing on those (and obviously on My Phone, but results showed up in the SYS; too afraid to meddle in that folder though)

Thanks!

Use twu2 lite script so you can choose what you want in it.

About those programs you mentioned, they are stored on CSC, not on PDA.

Guest cicciosprint
Use twu2 lite script so you can choose what you want in it.

About those programs you mentioned, they are stored on CSC, not on PDA.

Absolutely sweet :) I'm not using twu's script since I do not know what exactly it does remove - ultralite chefs tend to remove everything.

As for Skybox (MyPhone, that is) as I said I found it in the SYS, any tips on safely removing it?