Opera keyboard - XT9 not working

Guest vince_noir

Has anyone else had issues and/or know of a fix for the problem I'm having?

The XT9 predictive text will not work in Opera 10. It's fine in any other app.

I've had a search, but can't find anything to suggest anyone is even having this problem, let alone a fix for it.

Guest yorkhoh

I have the same problem. Samsung keyboard sometimes will allow me to activate xt9 - other times, not.

My issue is not only limited to Opera Mobile 10.

I recall having this issue with other programs also, like fring or Nimbuzz.

I think it is more important to have xt9 predictive text working for those "instant messaging" programs; as compared to a web browser.

Personally, I noticed the xt9 not working in Opera, and I didn't care so much because urls aren't typically "dictionary" type words.

I never found a fix for it.

I found an alternative - I use swype keyboard. Use sktools to set swype as my default keyboard. Especially useful in the chat programs.

Note: I use twu2's jd1 rom

Edited by yorkhoh

Guest vince_noir
I have the same problem. Samsung keyboard sometimes will allow me to activate xt9 - other times, not.

My issue is not only limited to Opera Mobile 10.

I recall having this issue with other programs also, like fring or Nimbuzz.

I think it is more important to have xt9 predictive text working for those "instant messaging" programs; as compared to a web browser.

Personally, I noticed the xt9 not working in Opera, and I didn't care so much because urls aren't typically "dictionary" type words.

I never found a fix for it.

I found an alternative - I use swype keyboard. Use sktools to set swype as my default keyboard. Especially useful in the chat programs.

Note: I use twu2's jd1 rom

Thanks, I'll try that when I get a chance.

For URLs it's not a problem, but I often use message boards/forums, so it is a pain for those.

I use n00body and rapid's sense rom, although I did have this problem with the standard firmware before I flashed.

It's only Opera 10 too and I've tried the beta versions. Opera 9.5/9.7 it was absolutely fine.

• 6 months later...
I'm having this problem as well- Xt9 and the keyboard switches seem to work on every other program except the browsers. any reigesty hacks we can apply?

btw, its not working for opera 9.7 or IE.... I've yet to try 10