NFX-JF5 Lite rom - 8MB pagepool with most Samsung apps intact

Guest NewForce

Guest NewForce

2010/07/18 - NFX-JF4 WM6.5 Lite rom based on I8000NXXJF5 official rom.

Firstable, many thanks to master twu2 and wes58.

With twu2 & wes58 brilliant i8000lite script package file and RomTool,

I had cooked my 3rd English only rom on my own desire with most Samsung apps intacts.

This is a JF5 Lite rom under WM6.5 OS. It is more apps bottom screen icons & battery energy friendly than a WM6.5.3 rom. My main objective was, to cook a rom with most of Samsung own apps intacts. Users who appreciate Samsung apps can enjoy straight away after flashing my lite rom.

JF5 seem like more stable than older version rom, so now I've cooked it into 8MB pagepool to offer more system RAM space.

Phone Memory storage is @ 182MB, Program memory is @ = 151MB, Free = 91MB, when there's no Today UI enabled.

With 182MB phone memory freespace, one could still install many phone memory hunting apps.

I had kept almost all Omnia2 original built-in apps intact in this lite rom, except for changes like below,

Removed apps, files (borrow some of master twu2 mentioning) :

*.rgu files, sample music, sample picture

Help, i8000 book, power on/off sound,

Most mp3 ring, only keep 'Cloudy Tone .mp3', because tclock use this one (as twu2 mentioned)

Google Map (you can get the new version from Google)

My Phone (you can install it from built-in Marketplace)

My Files (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Microsoft IME (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Video Editor (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Smart Search (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

Smart Sync (you can download this cab from twu2 JE2 Lite thread)

- master twu2 JE2 Lite thread here, http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100514/

Rename :

Unit Converter from Smart Converter

Schedule from Touch Calendar

Media Player from Touch Player

Changed :

Button 1 = Main Menu

Button 1 Hold = OK/Close

Button 2 = Task Switcher

Button 2 Hold = Screen Rotate

Silent most camera, screen clicking & system prompting sounds, Disable touch vibration and sound by default

Start menu to 3 rows 12 icons grid with Blue color Hexagon highlighter when click on selected app.

Disabled SMS threading view

Disable hardware buttons tone by default

Disable install app security warning

Disable error report function

Disable XTRA auto GPRS/3G/3.5G connection download when data expired.

Enabled XTRA auto download when ActiveSync and Wi-Fi connected.

Enable vibration for all notification by default

Enable sound alarms even when the device is set to silent or vibrate

Enable Etiquette mode by default

Enable front camera support by default

Enable WM Settings icon

Backlight in Automatic mode

Wake up button set to Lock by default

Set GPS Baud rate to 9600

Set "HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneNetSelMode\Timeout value to 0 by default

Note:

1. Please use OCTANS Downloader 2.14 or later version to flash this rom.

Download links:

2010-07-18 update - I8000NFXJF5 Lite ROM with most Samsung apps, Pagepool = 8MB.

Multiupload links,

http://www.multiupload.com/T9OUEMH00H

Mediafire links,

http://www.mediafire.com/?17vtp9oby94yn19

post-31662-1279462450_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462461_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462469_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462479_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462489_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462504_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462520_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462535_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462545_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462553_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462572_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462586_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462597_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462617_thumb.jpg

post-31662-1279462628_thumb.jpg

Guest NewForce

Kinda busy nowaday, not even have time to do some browsing.

Was finished my Lite ROM last week. Using it for some days and totally forgotten to release it.

Anyway, thank you very much for all the supports buddy & bro. :angry:

Guest ra6o74
Kinda busy nowaday, not even have time to do some browsing.

Was finished my Lite ROM last week. Using it for some days and totally forgotten to release it.

Anyway, thank you very much for all the supports buddy & bro. :angry:

Hi Newforce!

Just flashed, but I very tired to play with it. Will tellyou soon my opinion!

Guest micmac

hi,

i install the gchris Titanium V1.3.1, but having this prob but never happened to other ROM before this...

the clock would be focus/large if red button are press, but now the system panel(ram,rom,batt) would be focus/large instead..

try search for the prob at his thread but no one have exprience this prob...so now try to solve myself, just to inform others :angry:

try u'r other ROM (I8000NFXJC4/I8000NFXJE2) results is the same prob...

mayb others that use gchris Titanium V1.3.1 skin have similar prob n solved could post the solutions :D

Edited by micmac

Guest NewForce
hi,

i install the gchris Titanium V1.3.1, but having this prob but never happened to other ROM before this...

the clock would be focus/large if red button are press, but now the system panel(ram,rom,batt) would be focus/large instead..

try search for the prob at his thread but no one have exprience this prob...so now try to solve myself, just to inform others :angry:

try u'r other ROM (I8000NFXJC4/I8000NFXJE2) results is the same prob...

mayb others that use gchris Titanium V1.3.1 skin have similar prob n solved could post the solutions :D

I am not sure what gchris 1.3.1 look like, but from your descriptions, it should be just a Titanium panel.

I had personalized the Titanium in my version Lite rom. So installing just an additional panel will not work normally.

I suggest you install another complete normal Titanium and then install gchris 1.3.1.

Otherwise, you may just copy the 2 original Titanium_480x800.cpr Titanium_800x480.cpr files (if you have the 2)

into Windows folder to overwrite my version of Titanium. Oh yes, try disable Windows Default in Today Items first before so.

Guest sv0911

WOW...!!!!!!!

NewForce,

that is realy the first time that i realy seriosly thinking about to change back from

my 6.5.3 to 6.5...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m a big fan of the samsung apps..!!!!

If i flash your rom, do i have to flash also the other parts like csc, eboot, phone bin...???

The rom i´m using right now is a modificated f5 with 6.5.3..!!

PDA I8000NXXJF5

CSC I8000DBTJE5

PHONE I8000XXJF1

That´s why i´m asking..!!

Or is there maybe a way to get this rom running with the start button left on the bottom..???

Will it be so that i have to use/change the splugins_480x800.cpr so that i can still use my

own modificated titanium_480x800.cpr to get my todayscreen running as usual..???

When i choose sms, email via titanium do i get the samsung sms or the ugly default wm sms..???

Thanks in advance..!!

And great thanks for sharing your rom...!!

Greetings

sv0911

Edited by sv0911

Hi, Newforce!

I'm using your JF5 ROM for two days already-exellent ROM! Good for everyday usage, no bugs, fast and stable!

@ra6o74 Can you tell me if Office is v2010? Thanks.

Edited by GEAS

no, its not 2010. u can tell by looking at the screenshots.

:( You're right! :(

@ra6o74. First time I tried to upgrade on a stock rom the installation process told me to remove the previous version, then it ended with an error. If I flash this rom I'll try and come back with an update. Thanks anyway.

Edited by GEAS

Guest ra6o74
:( You're right! :(

@ra6o74. First time I tried to upgrade on a stock rom the installation process told me to remove the previous version, then it ended with an error. If I flash this rom I'll try and come back with an update. Thanks anyway.

I've installed Office2010.cab and everything is OK

Guest ra6o74
how do u enable SMS threading view?

In Newforce's rom it is enabled by defalt. When you start SMS app, it goes directly to Inbox folder, go one level up, tap Menu, tap Conversation line and it appears Enable threading view!

Guest NewForce
WOW...!!!!!!!

NewForce,

that is realy the first time that i realy seriosly thinking about to change back from

my 6.5.3 to 6.5...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m a big fan of the samsung apps..!!!!

If i flash your rom, do i have to flash also the other parts like csc, eboot, phone bin...???

The rom i´m using right now is a modificated f5 with 6.5.3..!!

PDA I8000NXXJF5

CSC I8000DBTJE5

PHONE I8000XXJF1

That´s why i´m asking..!!

Or is there maybe a way to get this rom running with the start button left on the bottom..???

Will it be so that i have to use/change the splugins_480x800.cpr so that i can still use my

own modificated titanium_480x800.cpr to get my todayscreen running as usual..???

When i choose sms, email via titanium do i get the samsung sms or the ugly default wm sms..???

Thanks in advance..!!

And great thanks for sharing your rom...!!

Greetings

sv0911

Thanks for liking this rom of mine. Below answer to your questions,

1. Yes you better off flashing all the CSC, Eboot, Phone parts to ensure they compatible well.

2. No way for a WM6.5 to have left bottom Start button. Unless there's 3rd party UI mimic that.

3. My Lite rom are using Titanium_xxx.cpr files by default. Just overwrite them your mod version and you're good to go.

4. You'll get ugly wm sms bu default when clicking the Titanium sms panel.

If you really like the good looking but slow-slow Samsung SMS, try change "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome"

and change "CText" to "SText" in both "ExtensibilityXML" and "Plugins" string text.

Guest sv0911
Thanks for liking this rom of mine. Below answer to your questions,

1. Yes you better off flashing all the CSC, Eboot, Phone parts to ensure they compatible well.

2. No way for a WM6.5 to have left bottom Start button. Unless there's 3rd party UI mimic that.

3. My Lite rom are using Titanium_xxx.cpr files by default. Just overwrite them your mod version and you're good to go.

4. You'll get ugly wm sms bu default when clicking the Titanium sms panel.

If you really like the good looking but slow-slow Samsung SMS, try change "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome"

and change "CText" to "SText" in both "ExtensibilityXML" and "Plugins" string text.

Yes,

the chef cook has the last word.... :(

NewForce,

there is no other chance for me... I have to flash this great rom.. :P :(

It´s irresistible .. You made me change back to 6.5...!!!!!

Great thanks for the sms explanation, i will keep the fast ugly wm one..

Thanks for sharing bro..!!!!

Greetings

sv0911

post-696397-1279877758_thumb.gif