why cant i upgrade to the latest official omnia2 ROM????

Guest kanishkapd

Guest kanishkapd

hi

i am a new omnia2 i8000 user and new to this site. by reading threads i learnt to download NPS and upgrade. initially i upgraded to JC ROM. (wm 6.5)

3 days later NPS notified i have another update and this time i got IL5 ROM (that was on 17th July). and now NPS says i have the latest installed.

but this also is not the latest, right? is JD3 the latest ROM?

pls tell me how i can upgrade the latest official ROM? my phone is from Netherlands. :angry:

thanks

Guest kanishkapd
the word official is kinda blurry i think .... each country seems to have a different "official ROM"

thanks

do u know if there is a newer version from Netherlands, than this what i have?

PDA I8000NXXIL5

CSC I8000XENIL5

PHONE I8000XXIL2

Guest Lancez
thanks

PDA I8000NXXIL5

CSC I8000XENIL5

PHONE I8000XXIL2

u can find latest European ROM here

Guest kanishkapd
u can find latest European ROM here

i havent flashed a ROM before. and seen that many first timers are having problems.

pls tell me where i can get proper directions to flash

Guest kanishkapd

thanks. will try that out.

by the way could u pls tell me is there specific folder where i have to install the software in the PC?

and have some people having problems using octans. is it risky to use?

sorry but, never flashed a ROM before :angry:

Guest shadowangel
thanks. will try that out.

by the way could u pls tell me is there specific folder where i have to install the software in the PC?

and have some people having problems using octans. is it risky to use?

sorry but, never flashed a ROM before :angry:

Hello!

As a cook, I flash my phone lots of times (always with Octans) and I've never had any issues with it... but, as anything but death and taxes, it isn't guaranteed so you have to do it at your own risk.

The only part that can be troublesome is the eboot... it's flashing time is very small but nothing can happen to interrupt it or you will not be able to flash anything after... the bootloader will not start.

Guest kanishkapd
Hello!

As a cook, I flash my phone lots of times (always with Octans) and I've never had any issues with it... but, as anything but death and taxes, it isn't guaranteed so you have to do it at your own risk.

The only part that can be troublesome is the eboot... it's flashing time is very small but nothing can happen to interrupt it or you will not be able to flash anything after... the bootloader will not start.

ok thanks very much

u guys have been very helpful

Guest msra6la2
thanks

PDA I8000NXXIL5

CSC I8000XENIL5

PHONE I8000XXIL2

I = 2009

L = December

5 = version 5

J = 2010

C = March

so your first updated rom is actually newer than the current rom you have

Guest johnchua55

i think it's best to flash using a laptop with a fully charged battery ... so no power outages can interrupt flashing ...... as long as your eboot is intact and not corrupted you can flash as many times as you want. Most here i think don't flash their eboot unless there's been a big change in performance.

the eboot flash takes only like 3-5secs ..... the pda part will take minutes depending on what type you flash ..... a full official ROM may take 10mins or more so you have to be patient and leave your phone alone for a while.

Guest kanishkapd
I = 2009

L = December

5 = version 5

J = 2010

C = March

so your first updated rom is actually newer than the current rom you have

yes, i have noticed. but i had already the JC ROM running when the NPS notified there was a newer version

and upgraded this one (IL5)!!!

can i reverse this? btw have u any idea when they would post a new upgrade which could be upgraded using NPS?

Guest kanishkapd
i think it's best to flash using a laptop with a fully charged battery ... so no power outages can interrupt flashing ...... as long as your eboot is intact and not corrupted you can flash as many times as you want. Most here i think don't flash their eboot unless there's been a big change in performance.

the eboot flash takes only like 3-5secs ..... the pda part will take minutes depending on what type you flash ..... a full official ROM may take 10mins or more so you have to be patient and leave your phone alone for a while.

thanks

if i get any problem while upgrading and brick the phone, is there anyway i can recover it?

• 1 month later...