I will never buy another Windows Phone.

Guest GeneralLeeBored

Guest msra6la2
before you dump Samsung, you guys might wanna read this

they are switching to Sony Super LCD. LCD is a dead end, AMOLED is the future man. But I have gotta say, IPS-LCD Retina is really amazing, in terms of level of details (esp. when viewing text) it is much much much better than Super AMOLED display on Samsung Wave (I say Wave becos it has a smaller screen compared with Galaxy S thus higher ppi) but is inferior to Super AMOLED in just everything else.

I really look forward to seeing the HD-Super AMOLED display that's rumoured to be coming with the next generation of Galaxy S. That's when I will be getting rid of my Omnia II

Guest GeneralLeeBored
they are switching to Sony Super LCD. LCD is a dead end, AMOLED is the future man. But I have gotta say, IPS-LCD Retina is really amazing, in terms of level of details (esp. when viewing text) it is much much much better than Super AMOLED display on Samsung Wave (I say Wave becos it has a smaller screen compared with Galaxy S thus higher ppi) but is inferior to Super AMOLED in just everything else.

I really look forward to seeing the HD-Super AMOLED display that's rumoured to be coming with the next generation of Galaxy S. That's when I will be getting rid of my Omnia II

I had this phone before I bought my omnia II and it was faster. It's what Im using now until my Desire arrives :(

The screen on the Omnia II really is amazing, and so is the hardware. It's the software that is letting it down.

Edited by GeneralLeeBored

Guest msra6la2
I had this phone before I bought my omnia II and it was faster. It's what Im using now until my Desire arrives :(

The screen on the Omnia II really is amazing, and so is the hardware. It's the software that is letting it down.

Desire is really amazing man. My dad has one and it is super good. But if you are a movie watching guy then I suggest you keep your Omnia II becos in terms of video codecs support, the Omnia II absolutely rapes the Desire (all Samsung smart-phones offer better support to movie viewings than HTC devices)

E2120? it's probably faster than the Desire too lol. I have got my old SE k800i and k850i and they both feel faster than the HTC desire. The reason is simple, these phones don't offer 1% of functionalities of what an average smart-phone offers

Guest GeneralLeeBored
Desire is really amazing man. My dad has one and it is super good. But if you are a movie watching guy then I suggest you keep your Omnia II becos in terms of video codecs support, the Omnia II absolutely rapes the Desire (all Samsung smart-phones offer better support to movie viewings than HTC devices)

E2120? it's probably faster than the Desire too lol. I have got my old SE k800i and k850i and they both feel faster than the HTC desire. The reason is simple, these phones don't offer 1% of functionalities of what an average smart-phone offers

Yes that's one thing I have noticed, there is no divx/xvid support out of the box for the HTC Desire. But android is a growing os, I think it will surpass iPhone OS and WM7 in the next few years.

Guest darkworldzz

just wait for the pros to finish porting android to O2 and save the $$..

but i love WM no matter.. you dont get to frustrate yourself over the amount of UI available to use with the iphone and android..CORRECT ME!!

eg. i get in a dilemma whether to use MS, TL, Titanium, Sense, WAD, Iphone today, point sense..

i can change the task bar to have a gtx feel, i can change it to have the classic WM feel, i can change it to look like android's..

:(

Guest johnchua55
i can change the task bar to have a gtx feel, i can change it to have the classic WM feel, i can change it to look like android's..

I Think i've flashed my phone 10 or more times this week just trying out different kinds of UI

Guest taeren

I bought mine because of gsm arenas review as well. My opinion of that site is that it is total crap, and gives bias reviews so that they keep getting their free phones (that's an assumption)

My entire aim of buying the phone was something that was usable on a day to day basis, nothing too fancy. Play some music, browse the web and make some phone calls. The hardware seemed good, the UI appeared quite nice in the pictures, why not?

To put it simply the Omnia 2 just simply doesn't make it to par for the basic functionality. No need to lay the blame but my overall experience has been a let down. Sometimes my phones alarm goes off when it should, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it makes phone calls, sometimes it doesn't (I'm in a good reception area). Sometimes the SMS makes a noise, sometimes it doesnt (Yes the volume is on max). Sometimes it crashes.

Now I'm off to find out a ROM I can flash my phone with which may make it more usable.

Edited by taeren

Guest dawo5010

The community would appreciate it if u could dismantle it and take pictures of the unshield PCB and give the codes to almar. Then we can get Android on Omnia 2 faster in dev.

Guest dawo5010
I bought mine because of gsm arenas review as well. My opinion of that site is that it is total crap, and gives bias reviews so that they keep getting their free phones (that's an assumption)

My entire aim of buying the phone was something that was usable on a day to day basis, nothing too fancy. Play some music, browse the web and make some phone calls. The hardware seemed good, the UI appeared quite nice in the pictures, why not?

To put it simply the Omnia 2 just simply doesn't make it to par for the basic functionality. No need to lay the blame but my overall experience has been a let down. Sometimes my phones alarm goes off when it should, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it makes phone calls, sometimes it doesn't (I'm in a good reception area). Sometimes the SMS makes a noise, sometimes it doesnt (Yes the volume is on max). Sometimes it crashes.

Now I'm off to find out a ROM I can flash my phone with which may make it more usable.

Try JE3 (official). 6.5.3 is less lag, with all-new default apps.

Guest blaziblade

Well. i really liked my omnia 2..

REASONS? Simple.

-I can modify it to what every UI what ever theme wad ever shyt i like.

-the AMOLED is amazing.

-Touch Player FTW.

And i will keep my omnia 2 until the project for Andriod on omnia 2 finishes.

Guest alexdeejay_fm

the phone is beauty,samsung s**k in support,not one single update,one update man?winmo was not so bad,u can make allot of things,if u own a htc device :(.anyway i sold my i 8000 and now i have nexus one and i love it.its not rooted because i dont need that yet.in my opinion get a android device,it worth all the money u give :(.sorry my english :P

galaxy s?i think is the best android right now,but i think u may see froyo update in december ?january?:P)not cool man B)

Edited by alexdeejay_fm

Guest GeneralLeeBored
I Think i've flashed my phone 10 or more times this week just trying out different kinds of UI

That's I've been doing with mine since I got it, flashing it, and turning it on and off. The latest rom is defiantly faster now I've been using it a few days but It came too late for me.

Guest GeneralLeeBored

Well here we have it. After reading so many reviews, I've really made sure I picked the right phone this time. I've just ordered the HTC Desire, paid 395 that includes next day delivery. So all in all not bad, and I can return the O2 so saves me selling it but I will still lose a % of my money.

Lets just hope they don't send me a O2 by mistake.

Guest SrMoure
Try JE3 (official). 6.5.3 is less lag, with all-new default apps.

Where Can I get this version ?? I'm currently using JD3 but the phone stop ringing/vibrating and I cannot even change the setting to only vibrate.

At the moment I am very unhappy with the phone. Specially because it's very unresponsive when looking for contacts or takes ages to send an sms. (For watching movies is awesome, but I need a 'phone'' )

Thanks !

Guest merlin667

The omnia 2 could be fast and very responsive with the correct rom, but this needs time and a bit sadism (many trial and error until its fine).

But i compared my one the the desire of a coworker: it's almost as fast as the desire.

What did i do: create a rom without all additional stuff.

installed resco stuff for today, contacts, igo 8, pathaway 5, pocket player. after starting 100MB free ram.

windows mobile basically is not slow. only many programs at the same time loaded are making it slow (total oposite of the iphone, which has only a basic multitasking, windows mobile is only multitasking).

but for my opinion: there will be no new windows phone any more. Reason: No manufacturer using it. Samsung, HTC, Sony-Ericsson moved over to android.

These companys where about 90% of the market needing it, and i dont think they will go back any more.

They may go back to it, if its like an improvement from windows 3.11 to win 7 within one step.