official australia rom for i8000?

Guest solochance

Guest solochance

hi ppl,

i have had my i8000 for 4 months now. it comes branded and locked to Telstra - a telco here.

i would like an official release if availiable and have absolutley no idea where to look. i appologise if it is in a forum but i have searched for ages and can't find it. any comments would be usfull :(

Guest Pashak
hi ppl,

i have had my i8000 for 4 months now. it comes branded and locked to Telstra - a telco here.

i would like an official release if availiable and have absolutley no idea where to look. i appologise if it is in a forum but i have searched for ages and can't find it. any comments would be usfull :(

ive had my optus i8000 for 2 weeks. Has latest rom installed already through samsung NPS.

Im after a copy of the latest official rom so i got something to go back to when i try a custom rom and something goes wrong.

however the samsung firmware upgrade tool doesnt work for me, so i cant get it.

if you get NPS, plug your phone in and it says its the latest official, then thats it.

Guest taeren

I'm also trying to work out how to get to DC23, so that I can use Ninja's rom

Hopefully I'm not trying anything retarded, so I would like to know where the official roms are, in case I want to revert it back

Edited by taeren

Guest Terry666

Hi mate

The ONLY way till now I know about it, is to Dump your ROM and keep the .nb0 for re-flashing...

I can't remember which thread you mast read but is here for sure...

I hope I helped a bit...

Look for a Kitchen with the "Executor 2.8 or 3.0" there you'll find the tools to Dump your ROM...

Edited by Terry666

Guest Pashak
Hi mate

The ONLY way till now I know about it, is to Dump your ROM and keep the .nb0 for re-flashing...

I can't remember which thread you mast read but is here for sure...

I hope I helped a bit...

Ive actually tried dumping my rom. problem is my 8gb i8000 does not have a hidden partition to be able to extract it from.

Guest Terry666
Ive actually tried dumping my rom. problem is my 8gb i8000 does not have a hidden partition to be able to extract it from.

I'm afraid you making a mistake, it'll be the only Samsung i8000 w/o a hidden partition as the OS needs it to store information for restoring purposes! Simply is NOT possible as far I know...

I have the same device with 8GB in "My Storage" and I've done it...

Of course I may be misinformed but maybe is worth to try once more...