GT-I8000 gone to silent mode.

Guest Chintu1585

Hello friends,

I m having GT-I800 WM 6.1 stock. Recently it gone to silent mode. i mean when call comes, phone only vibrates. No ringtone. But sound profile is set to Ring. Also when message comes, message tone is ringing. But no ring tone. What to do? Pls help.

There is also another problem. When i connect my headphone connect to audiojack, it works fine but when i remove it, phone still thinks that headphone is still there. So without headphone, i am not getting any sound. And randomly popup of headphone comes and disappears. Is my 3.5 mm audio jack is folty or is it an OS Problem? Can hard reset solve the above two problems?

Guest dinhductao
Hello friends,

I m having GT-I800 WM 6.1 stock. Recently it gone to silent mode. i mean when call comes, phone only vibrates. No ringtone. But sound profile is set to Ring. Also when message comes, message tone is ringing. But no ring tone. What to do? Pls help.

There is also another problem. When i connect my headphone connect to audiojack, it works fine but when i remove it, phone still thinks that headphone is still there. So without headphone, i am not getting any sound. And randomly popup of headphone comes and disappears. Is my 3.5 mm audio jack is folty or is it an OS Problem? Can hard reset solve the above two problems?

I think you should upgrade your phone to WM 6.5. You can use official ROMs but I recommend you to flash it with cooked ROMs. You can find them easily in this forum.

Guest sgtmiker
Hello friends,

i might have a solution as i had this same problem earlier.

after i remove my 3.5mm headphone piece. omnia still think it is connected.

I tried insert, remove, insert, remove the headphone repeatedly (you certainly don't want to try this) trying to fool my omnia but it's so stubborn.

finally i solve it by inserting the omnia bundled headset (the one comes with ur phone that has the microphone piece with it) and remove. then, my omnia starts singing again.

cheers, ed

Edited by sgtmiker

Guest Chintu1585
I think you should upgrade your phone to WM 6.5. You can use official ROMs but I recommend you to flash it with cooked ROMs. You can find them easily in this forum.

Ya. But in my country India, update is not officialy available. And i dont know how to flash. And also afraid of doing it on my own.

Anyway, thanks for reply.

Guest Chintu1585
i might have a solution as i had this same problem earlier.

after i remove my 3.5mm headphone piece. omnia still think it is connected.

I tried insert, remove, insert, remove the headphone repeatedly (you certainly don't want to try this) trying to fool my omnia but it's so stubborn.

finally i solve it by inserting the omnia bundled headset (the one comes with ur phone that has the microphone piece with it) and remove. then, my omnia starts singing again.

cheers, ed

I am also having same trouble. I am also inserting and removing pin but in vain. I hv also tried ur trick but it was also not useful.

Guest r_o_._

i had the same problem and the only way i foundto solve it was to hard reset my phone. i think this happened after i pushed # to get it to vibration mode, and after that the phone was not ringing. now i just do it manually and the problem is gone. hope it helps.

• 3 months later...
Guest Chintu1585
Hello friends,

From lat two days, i have done hard resetting 3-4 times due to mobile gone to vibration mode. I dont understanding wat is happening? I think this is happening when some program is running in background like opera or file manager and i press vol down key to put the phone to vibration mode. Then i am not able to put it back to normal mode. Status is showing of normal mode and also sms, email sound i m getting. Also sound of buttons are also coming when pressing button. Just ringtone is in vibration mode. Is any one have any solution for this? or i have to again hard reset my phone?

Actually while in office, i have to put mobile in silent sometimes but i forget that opera is running in background, and this problem occurs.

Edited by Chintu1585

Guest firefly2k3
From lat two days, i have done hard resetting 3-4 times due to mobile gone to vibration mode. I dont understanding wat is happening? I think this is happening when some program is running in background like opera or file manager and i press vol down key to put the phone to vibration mode. Then i am not able to put it back to normal mode. Status is showing of normal mode and also sms, email sound i m getting. Also sound of buttons are also coming when pressing button. Just ringtone is in vibration mode. Is any one have any solution for this? or i have to again hard reset my phone?

Actually while in office, i have to put mobile in silent sometimes but i forget that opera is running in background, and this problem occurs.

Try my post at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1446966

You will have to set the volume/strength of both ring and vibration (hint: tap on the center icon and it will cycle between ring->vibrate->silent modes)

Edited by firefly2k3

Guest Chintu1585
Try my post at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1446966

You will have to set the volume/strength of both ring and vibration (hint: tap on the center icon and it will cycle between ring->vibrate->silent modes)

Thnx for rply friend. But my prob is differnt than urs. I hv set it to ring and strength is max for both ring n vibration.

Actually problem is simple. If u want ur phone to b silent, u just holding vol down button n its done. Then again holding same button set back to normal. But in my case it set back to normal but when i get a call, phone only vibrates but no ring. While sms tone is working and hardware button is also working.Actually i found temporary solution for this problem. I just installed spb mobile shell 3.5, set sound profile to ring and choose ringtone then it worked. Then uninstalled mobile shell. Problem solved. Better to install n uninstall one program than to hard reset.

One strange thing i noticed in spb mobile shell that in sound profile of ring, default ringtone was "vibrate". Dont wats this but this is causing problem. In default samsung ringtone selection there is no ringtone called vibration.

Edited by Chintu1585

Guest Chintu1585

Hey Friends, I am fed up with this problem. Now whenever i put my phone to silent, it cant come back to normal mode. I have tried every way i mean, holding vol down button for silent mode and again holding the same button for normal mode, selecting middle icon in volume rocker for silent and again back to normal from volume rocker, holding # key on keypad for silent and again pressing same key for normal. But in all these case, again in normal profile every sound is working except ringtone. I mean when call comes, phone only vibrates but no ringtone.

I have found temperory work around of this by installing spb mobile shell 3.5. In that in sound profile, i found that my ringtone is set to something called vibrate and i have to set it to my fav ring tone and it works normal. I dont understand what the problem is but i am fed up of installing and uninstalling of spb. Bcoz i dont like spb due to it slows down my mobile. So whenever this problem occurs, i install spb change ringtone from soundprofile and uninstall spb.

Is there any cab only for that sound profile so that i can install that cab and whenever problem occurs, i simply change ringtone and solve problem.

So pls pls pls help me if some one knowing of cab for sound profile other than default.