i920 Owners Read This.

Guest fire3element

Are you within your 30 days of purchase? I was told I would have to pay for the two year pricing plus renew my contract for two years.

I got the i920 in May, so I am several months past my 30 days

If you don't mind me asking... did you end up with an i920 again or a different phone?

I know that livebig ended up with a different phone. I am getting a new phone too and it should be shipped out on Friday or Monday

Has anyone received a response to an FCC complaint? I missed a call earlier today from someone in the Verizon Executive Offices saying that she was responding to the FCC complaint I filed last month. She said she was sending a letter to the FCC and would also send a copy to me which I would receive within 30 days. I also emailed the Southeast region executive office yesterday, so hopefully I hear back from them as well.

I have also spoken with Executive Relations, we went round and round, until we finally came to the compromise, me being able to get a phone at the 2 year price. To me this is a fair resolution as I did not pay for my O2, it was offered as a free upgrade at the time. However, I had to place the order directly with the rep. that was yesterday. I gave the rep the necessary payment and shipping info and was told I would receive an order confirmation email. As of 3:30 pm PST today I have not received any confirmation. I called this morning and was told my order would be processed today. My concern is since the particular model phone I ordered is back ordered and my order has not been processed that I will not see my new phone for sometime. So I am still continuing to struggle through the day with my O2.

Well, I added my voice to your voices the other day and emailed executive relations for the east coast. I know my situation is a bit different, as I didn't get my O2 from Verizon, but off Ebay. But I figured one more complaint could only help everyone else.

Anyway, I got a call yesterday. The rep confirmed what I expected - I'm S.O.L., Verizon won't warranty a phone they didn't sell. I'm not too ticked off about that - I'm not stuck in a 2 year (I'm up in February. That's why I bought from Ebay, I didn't want to extend my contract as I'm planning on going to Sprint)

What did P.O. me was I got the corporate line (or rather, lie). First, he told me that the the phone DOES have 208mb of ram, but once Windows loads the kernel and all the installed startup programs, there may be less. Then he told me that the website clearly states that there may be less available ram. That's when I got a little testy. I told him that any third party program (and Samsung's own memory reporting program) clearly shows the phone has less than 160mb installed, and less than 70mb left for programs. Then I informed him that not only do I know that Verizon changed the spec page, adding the words "available ram may be lower," but I have a physical copy of the page stored on my HD at home. I understand that my situation means I can't expect a warranty from Verizon, but don't lie to me. Then, I told him that any if the phone had the full 208mb, it wouldn't be so laggy and awful at multitasking.

Anyway, he offered to upgrade me now, which I declined. I have no interest in re-upping with Verizon as long as they force a crappy $10/25mb plan on my wife's and daughter's phones just to get a decent qwerty texter. For less money, I can get them both unlimited data with a full smartphone.

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

I got the lazyass email reply (including the above mentioned corporate li(n)e) from midwest, only after forwarding the original email with a nice little note, so if anyone is willing to share a number for the Executive Relations department that called them back, please do.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

Guest maverick2127

I just spoke with the executive relations department and they are going to send me a replacement phone free of charge after the mail in rebate. I did have to sign up for a new 2 year contract. The person on the phone told me they would replace the i920 with any other windows based phone free of charge and without needing to extend my contract. However, I told the person on the phone I would rather go with an android based phone. He complied and let me chose and phone that I wanted as long as I extended my contract. It's a small victory, but a victory at that. :lol: Moral of the story is Verizon knows they screwed up and the customer just needs to be persistent and Verizon will comply. For all of you out there in the same situation I was, keep persuing the issue and hopefully you get the same outcome as I.

For those renewing a 2 year contract, I'm glad you're getting into a different device... but, it seems like the victory is still on Verizon's side. I just feel like Verizon should honor the original date of the contract from when you bought the phone. Because... had you known you were lied to within the first thirty days, you would have received a different device. Verizon knows (has known) there is an issue with the i920, they should get you into a new phone an honor the original contract.

The reason I feel they aren't hurting as much by getting you to resign a 2-year contract... is I've had friends and family who have come across some pretty crafty Verizon sales reps who would get them into a new phone before their 'new every 2' (18-24 mo.) - all they had to do is sign another 2-year contract. They do this for people that just want a new phone (no issues with current phone).

Now, if you just got your i920 30-60 days ago... well, not really a big issue... but if you got your i920 quite a while ago (6mo, 9mo, etc), you've already made a large contribution towards the cost of the hardware (i920) that Verizon recoupes during your contract. New every 2 can actual upgrade @ 18mo. So, lets say you've had your phone 9months, you've already paid 1/3 of your phone. Verizon is NOT going to let Samsung off the hook... they will get compensation from Samsung in some way (perhaps a full refund for every phone returned for RAM related issues).

I hope I'm not babbling here... I just want to make the point that Verizon isn't going to be hurting much from the i920 issue... we've all been paying them for their cost of the phone AND then Verizon is going to get compensation from Samsung with such a blatant hardware issue.

If you feel comfortable with the deal... well I guess that's good for you... but don't just accept their first offer.... they're in it for the money, try stepping it up a notch and ask them for a replacement phone and leave your contract alone!

[[ EXAMPLE OF WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY ]]

I thought of an example that may or may not help. Let's say you signed up for service with a Satellite provider... 2 year contract and they send you a DVR. 6 months down the road you want to add an external drive because you keep running out of disc space (the DVR was advertised as being able to add an external drive).... only to find out that the usb port doesn't work. A little research and you find out that they installed a port... but it was never connected to the mainboard. That means the unit as a whole was defective the whole time you had it... but you just became aware of the problem. Now, when you communicate with the satellite company, are you going to sign a new 2 year contract just because the DVR unit they gave you was deffective? NO... you wouldn't. and hopefully you wouldn't pay more for the next DVR just because they didn't have a fully functional DVR of the same model and you had to get a newer model that had the features you had (and should of had) in your old DVR. You should expect a fully functional DVR with the same or compatible features AT NO ADDITIONAL COST and the contract stays the same (with 18 months remaining).

-- I tried making the example similar to our issue with Verizon and the i920. You shouldn't be expected to sign a new contract because of Verizon's Lie/Mistake. You should receive a feature compatible phone (Swype, TV Out, decent camera, etc.) at no cost and no change to your contract.

Edited by livebig

so.. i sent an email to relation dept. yesterday night,

haven't got anything from them yet...

does anyone have direct number for eastern region that i can call??

i googled 'verizon wireless execusive phone number' and got some

phone numbers, but im not sure about it. so i didn't make any phone calls for that

i saw some numbers thoughout the post, but those numbers doesn't looks like eastern...

do i have to make a phonecall for eastern thou?

so.. i sent an email to relation dept. yesterday night,

haven't got anything from them yet...

does anyone have direct number for eastern region that i can call??

i googled 'verizon wireless execusive phone number' and got some

phone numbers, but im not sure about it. so i didn't make any phone calls for that

i saw some numbers thoughout the post, but those numbers doesn't looks like eastern...

do i have to make a phonecall for eastern thou?

Give them another day or two. After two days, they called me direct. I emailed the eastern region email posted in this thread, too.

Edited by tedkord

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

I just got a call back. They are sending me the HTC Droid Incredible on Monday, and it will get here Tuesday. I will have to send this p.o.s. back, but that's no big deal to me. I asked about one of the swype compatible droids, but they claimed the Incredible was the highest difference they could even-swap for.

Nonetheless 1.0ghz Snapdragon and 512MB RAM, here I come!

(My old laptop had a 1.8ghz and 512MB RAM LOL)

Edit: I got two calls back from Midwest, the first resolved my issue as noted above, and the second called about the same issue, and I let her know it was already resolved.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

Has anyone gotten a call-back or email response from the South-east Executive Office? If you come to a resolution with Verizon, please indicate which regional office helped you in your post.

Thanks!

Edited by ED2O9

i just talked to eastregion(im living in va) and deal that i got was, any android device for 150 bucks with 2yr contrack. i don't know if that's nice deal i got but, i certainly made my way out from omnia, and yap... i do need some help from everyone.

right now i am thinking to get samsung facsinate for 150 but... that can be change too.

so... tell me if i got a nice deal or not... and which device should i get??

i just talked to eastregion(im living in va) and deal that i got was, any android device for 150 bucks with 2yr contrack. i don't know if that's nice deal i got but, i certainly made my way out from omnia, and yap... i do need some help from everyone.

right now i am thinking to get samsung facsinate for 150 but... that can be change too.

so... tell me if i got a nice deal or not... and which device should i get??

Personally, no, I don't think paying almost full contract price PLUS tacking on a new 2 year contract is a good deal for you... but its a GREAT deal for Verizon. Don't bend over and take it. If you read in this thread, there have already been a few of us to get a new replacement phone without modifying our current contract. I don't think you should have to pay, but, if you're going to pay for a phone... it should be the exact phone you want. If you're going to re-up a 2year contract, that phone better be FREE. Otherwise you paid for a phone that you used a few months... had to return, and then had to pay for another phone???

vvv PLEASE READ vvv I hate to repost, but I figured quite a few people didn't read this post because it was at the end of Pg.8 and the thread quickly went to Pg.9.

For those renewing a 2 year contract, I'm glad you're getting into a different device... but, it seems like the victory is still on Verizon's side. I just feel like Verizon should honor the original date of the contract from when you bought the phone. Because... had you known you were lied to within the first thirty days, you would have received a different device. Verizon knows (has known) there is an issue with the i920, they should get you into a new phone an honor the original contract.

The reason I feel they aren't hurting as much by getting you to resign a 2-year contract... is I've had friends and family who have come across some pretty crafty Verizon sales reps who would get them into a new phone before their 'new every 2' (18-24 mo.) - all they had to do is sign another 2-year contract. They do this for people that just want a new phone (no issues with current phone).

Now, if you just got your i920 30-60 days ago... well, not really a big issue... but if you got your i920 quite a while ago (6mo, 9mo, etc), you've already made a large contribution towards the cost of the hardware (i920) that Verizon recoupes during your contract. New every 2 can actual upgrade @ 18mo. So, lets say you've had your phone 9months, you've already paid 1/3 of your phone. Verizon is NOT going to let Samsung off the hook... they will get compensation from Samsung in some way (perhaps a full refund for every phone returned for RAM related issues).

I hope I'm not babbling here... I just want to make the point that Verizon isn't going to be hurting much from the i920 issue... we've all been paying them for their cost of the phone AND then Verizon is going to get compensation from Samsung with such a blatant hardware issue.

If you feel comfortable with the deal... well I guess that's good for you... but don't just accept their first offer.... they're in it for the money, try stepping it up a notch and ask them for a replacement phone and leave your contract alone!

[[ EXAMPLE OF WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY ]]

I thought of an example that may or may not help. Let's say you signed up for service with a Satellite provider... 2 year contract and they send you a DVR. 6 months down the road you want to add an external drive because you keep running out of disc space (the DVR was advertised as being able to add an external drive).... only to find out that the usb port doesn't work. A little research and you find out that they installed a port... but it was never connected to the mainboard. That means the unit as a whole was defective the whole time you had it... but you just became aware of the problem. Now, when you communicate with the satellite company, are you going to sign a new 2 year contract just because the DVR unit they gave you was deffective? NO... you wouldn't. and hopefully you wouldn't pay more for the next DVR just because they didn't have a fully functional DVR of the same model and you had to get a newer model that had the features you had (and should of had) in your old DVR. You should expect a fully functional DVR with the same or compatible features AT NO ADDITIONAL COST and the contract stays the same (with 18 months remaining).

-- I tried making the example similar to our issue with Verizon and the i920. You shouldn't be expected to sign a new contract because of Verizon's Lie/Mistake. You should receive a feature compatible phone (Swype, TV Out, decent camera, etc.) at no cost and no change to your contract.

Edited by livebig

Personally, no, I don't think paying almost full contract price PLUS tacking on a new 2 year contract is a good deal for you... but its a GREAT deal for Verizon. Don't bend over and take it. If you read in this thread, there have already been a few of us to get a new replacement phone without modifying our current contract. I don't think you should have to pay, but, if you're going to pay for a phone... it should be the exact phone you want. If you're going to re-up a 2year contract, that phone better be FREE. Otherwise you paid for a phone that you used a few months... had to return, and then had to pay for another phone???

so right after i hung up the phone call with vz dude, i went to amazon, and saw exactly same price with exactly same deal, 2yr + $149.99 for phone. so i am trying to say to vz dude, "if i am getting same deal with amazon, why am i dealing with you folks?" so something like that.

and while we are talking, i also mentioned about other people getting free+ no changes on contrack, and rep replied back to me " they can say what ever they want." so i quickly replied back," this issue wasn't sudden, it could happen, right after u guys released it, a smart dude found the issue, and i am trying to make my money worth." rep said,"business stand of point ... blah blah" and no fun conversation we had, and asked me "which one do i want" i said " either fascinate or droid x" and rep replied back with random comment that he can't do it

anyhow thats my story. he said, he ll call back when im done with my school.

what should i say , so i can get my device replaced?

thanks for reading this messy looking typing!

nice evening!

Guest WhoTheHellAmI
and asked me "which one do i want" i said " either fascinate or droid x" and rep replied back with random comment that he can't do it

I didn't have nearly the trouble you did, as the lady that called me back was very understanding about the entire situation, but the reason they cannot give you the fascinate or droid x is because of the value of the phone. At the moment, the O2 retails at $519.99. I was offered the Droid Incredible, which retails at $529.99. After I mentioned that I was looking for a phone with swype if possible, she said the more expensive phones were out of the question as their values were much more. ($559.99, $579.99) They are willing to make concessions, but there are limits. That's all I can say about that subject.

Please note. They are not asking me to pay anything for the phone, nor renew my contract. Also, they will be requiring that I send the O2 back after activating the Droid Incredible.

I didn't have nearly the trouble you did, as the lady that called me back was very understanding about the entire situation, but the reason they cannot give you the fascinate or droid x is because of the value of the phone. At the moment, the O2 retails at $519.99. I was offered the Droid Incredible, which retails at $529.99. After I mentioned that I was looking for a phone with swype if possible, she said the more expensive phones were out of the question as their values were much more. ($559.99, $579.99) They are willing to make concessions, but there are limits. That's all I can say about that subject.

have that being said, i can offer them, i can pay $60 and get a facsinate without contract. however i am pretty sure rep's gonna say, he cant do anything without contract.

at that point, is there any special thing that i need to say?

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

Not sure. If they are offering the Incredible, go with it. It is a good phone, at least 10 times better than our O2s. It may not be the phone you are wanting, but in a case like this, you have to think in terms of cost. They are already spending excess money to ship these devices to us. In the end, even offering a trade is not what the company wants to do, because it just gives them a stack of devices that nobody wants. But to keep you as a customer, it is what they will do.

Also, if you don't get anywhere with your contact, PM me and I will call mine to see if she will let you call her.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

Not sure. If they are offering the Incredible, go with it. It is a good phone, at least 10 times better than our O2s. It may not be the phone you are wanting, but in a case like this, you have to think in terms of cost. They are already spending excess money to ship these devices to us. In the end, even offering a trade is not what the company wants to do, because it just gives them a stack of devices that nobody wants. But to keep you as a customer, it is what they will do.

Also, if you don't get anywhere with your contact, PM me and I will call mine to see if she will let you call her.

Don't feel too bad for Verizon... they aren't just going to put our i920s in a pile of unusable phones... they will most likely get their money from Samsung. If nothing else, have them refurbished and resell them as certified pre-owned.

Guest shawnpl12

I got a call today and was offered a few options. i could renew my two year contract and get 50 dollars off a new phone or get a refurbished phone of the same caliber as the omnia 2. he said the imagio would be an example. he said he would be flexible and said i could call him back after i researched some phones. after asking him, he told me that its not the same price hes looking at but the same features. so what should i say. i would be amazing happy with the droid incredible, you think he'd go for that?

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

I was contacted by the Midwest region office, but you should contact your region. The list a few pages back gives the email to the right office. Give them 72 hours to reply, and forward the first email back, along with a statement that you are dissatisfied with not receiving a reply. At that point they will bow to you and call you a god. (Not really, but they will contact you.)

The agreement I reached with Big V was that they would send me the HTC Incredible, and after activation (up to 10 days after receiving phone) I would have to send the phone back. (Big V pays for shipping both ways.)

By the way, my Incredible should be getting here tomorrow morning sometime. (I should have gotten a shipping number to track it, but I didn't think to ask her to send me the code when she had it sent.)

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

I got a call today and was offered a few options. i could renew my two year contract and get 50 dollars off a new phone or get a refurbished phone of the same caliber as the omnia 2. he said the imagio would be an example. he said he would be flexible and said i could call him back after i researched some phones. after asking him, he told me that its not the same price hes looking at but the same features. so what should i say. i would be amazing happy with the droid incredible, you think he'd go for that?

Read my post a little higher on thie page (post #166) -

Well, if you dont want the HTC Imagio, you could mention that it is 272MHz Slower than the i920. The Imagion does not have TV out. The Imagio does not have Swype..etc. The Imagio doesn't have 8GB internal Flash mem. If they are offering a certified pre-owned... I'm seeing Droid Incredible phones AND Droid X phones (currently out of stock).

Anyway, like others have said in this thread... you shouldn't have to "step down" in features as a replacement phone... you should get AS GOOD (all the features of your i920) or BETTER.

Edited by livebig