PureSense 2.5.2016 is COMING!

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest tedkord
ah, I like the "without" sense names.... NonSense, ZeroSense. Oh well, still looking forward to it.

But then you'd have to rename your ZeroStock to Senseless, and that doesn't sound like a good marketing move.

Guest xlightwaverx

Finally managed to get 2.5.2016 to work on the i920. I am going to focus on porting over as many "universally useful" applications from HTC as I can while at the same time removing a MAJORITY of the OEMApps folder except for CRITICAL components, and in turn, having a PureSense.

SamsungSense just didn't sound good, and well, HTC Sense is already taken :)

I am using the latest Rhodium Packages. If you have a request, please leave it here.

ETA: Probably within the next 2 weeks. I have to deal with custody issues in the upcoming week and my attention must obviously be on that.

X

Guest tedkord
Finally managed to get 2.5.2016 to work on the i920. I am going to focus on porting over as many "universally useful" applications from HTC as I can while at the same time removing a MAJORITY of the OEMApps folder except for CRITICAL components, and in turn, having a PureSense.

SamsungSense just didn't sound good, and well, HTC Sense is already taken :)

I am using the latest Rhodium Packages. If you have a request, please leave it here.

ETA: Probably within the next 2 weeks. I have to deal with custody issues in the upcoming week and my attention must obviously be on that.

X

How does 2016 from the Rhodium differ from the 2015 hybrid we have now on our phones? I googled for info, but I can't find anything that compares 2015 to 2016.

Guest xlightwaverx
How does 2016 from the Rhodium differ from the 2015 hybrid we have now on our phones? I googled for info, but I can't find anything that compares 2015 to 2016.

From what I can see, there is more transparency being used, so the aesthetics are a little better. Menu texts are darker and easier to read and smoother (so far, depends on Rom load I would imagine). Looks more similar to Sense 2.6 that has been leaked. You might find some videos of 2.6 on YouTube.

But overall its just the latest version of 2.5 Sense that is out. If 2015 was perfect, they would still be using it in their phones. Its just like any other software application.

Guest snapz54
From what I can see, there is more transparency being used, so the aesthetics are a little better. Menu texts are darker and easier to read and smoother (so far, depends on Rom load I would imagine). Looks more similar to Sense 2.6 that has been leaked. You might find some videos of 2.6 on YouTube.

But overall its just the latest version of 2.5 Sense that is out. If 2015 was perfect, they would still be using it in their phones. Its just like any other software application.

will the issue with text input box distortion within sense be addressed?

Guest xlightwaverx

I will have to look into it. I am currently not running 2016, I am running AMD's ZeroSense 2.0 until I can get 2016 Stable. I won't have any free time until after Wednesday to look into it.

will the issue with text input box distortion within sense be addressed?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheEndGame7
I will have to look into it. I am currently not running 2016, I am running AMD's ZeroSense 2.0 until I can get 2016 Stable. I won't have any free time until after Wednesday to look into it.

Is this still coming?

Guest amdzero
Is this still coming?

slowly, there are other priorities right now. I don't want to speak for him, but it isn't going to be a quick as steels sense rom appeared.

Guest xlightwaverx

There are some issues making it crash. There was a post about the squishing of the graphics when using text input, well, they're not there, but the physical inputting of text makes it crash, though it is booting, and running well. We need to figure out how to:

1) Either make the squishing of graphics reappear by when using text inputer (like it does in 2015).

2) Make Sense take any text inputer without crashing (Squishing of graphics, or not).

3) Finally, make Sense not squish the graphics, AND have text input work on the device.

As far as I can tell, but do not want to Speak for AMD :huh:. These issues are consistent with 2016, 2017, 2018 version of Sense 2.5.

Once this hurdle is passed, expect a series of releases.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

slowly, there are other priorities right now. I don't want to speak for him, but it isn't going to be a quick as steels sense rom appeared.

Guest amdzero
There are some issues making it crash. There was a post about the squishing of the graphics when using text input, well, they're not there, but the physical inputting of text makes it crash, though it is booting, and running well. We need to figure out how to:

1) Either make the squishing of graphics reappear by when using text inputer (like it does in 2015).

2) Make Sense take any text inputer without crashing (Squishing of graphics, or not).

3) Finally, make Sense not squish the graphics, AND have text input work on the device.

As far as I can tell, but do not want to Speak for AMD :huh:. These issues are consistent with 2016, 2017, 2018 version of Sense 2.5.

Once this hurdle is passed, expect a series of releases.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering if this is a self induced error, as there doesn't seem to be ANY info on it in ANY forum I've been searching. Once it's fixed you should have a lean mean sense machine!

Guest amdzero

VICTORY!

I finally found out what was causing the searchbox issues, and why I was not able to find the answer.

It is releated to the file:

libgles_cm.dll

There is a version that I've been using from http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...tibility-layer/ on most of my roms. This of course works great for most things. However when using sense, there is a custom libgles_cm.dll that was used in the nonsense, zerosense, steel sense roms that resolved the searchbox issue. I was not able to find the answer for like 2 months!

Now don't get me wrong you still have the squish problem, but at least you can "USE" the searchbox again.

More to follow on puresense!

Guest xlightwaverx

Nicely done.

X

VICTORY!

I finally found out what was causing the searchbox issues, and why I was not able to find the answer.

It is releated to the file:

libgles_cm.dll

There is a version that I've been using from http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...tibility-layer/ on most of my roms. This of course works great for most things. However when using sense, there is a custom libgles_cm.dll that was used in the nonsense, zerosense, steel sense roms that resolved the searchbox issue. I was not able to find the answer for like 2 months!

Now don't get me wrong you still have the squish problem, but at least you can "USE" the searchbox again.

More to follow on puresense!

• 3 weeks later...