Anyway to flash from SD card?

Guest .hack_infection

Guest .hack_infection

I don't have my own computer, and my parents wouldn't want me to download stuff on their computer, so I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to make a way to flash from the SD card like xda developers do. if anyone could do that, it would be fantastic.

Guest bmt10

I don't know of any way to do that, but if the problem its not wanting to install any thing on the computer you could theoretically run the octans exe right off of a thumb drive or external hard drive and all you would have to install would be the phones driver which is just a driver.

Guest .hack_infection
I don't know of any way to do that, but if the problem its not wanting to install any thing on the computer you could theoretically run the octans exe right off of a thumb drive or external hard drive and all you would have to install would be the phones driver which is just a driver.

I guess that would work, but the real problem is my parents. First of all, I'm not allowed to use their computer, because they say "whatever you need it for, I'm sure you can do it on your phone". :) second, my dad is an IT guy, so if anything goes wrong, he'll fix it, but at the same time, know it was my fault. So, I think that sd flashing is my best bet. But, as of yet, there is no way of doing that.

Guest natedawg1013

I'm pretty sure they can't flash roms with an SD card. All I know of is a feature built into their roms that works like SASHIMI, automatically installing cabs after a flash/hard reset.

Guest .hack_infection

Would any of the chefs like to confirm or deny that sd flashing is possible? I would really, really like try some of the sense roms out there.

Guest amdzero
Would any of the chefs like to confirm or deny that sd flashing is possible? I would really, really like try some of the sense roms out there.

if there is a way, I don't know it. I used to flash my x51v all the time with a CF card, but with samsung there is a whole different ball of wax. First there has to be drivers, and a loader. I don't even know of the SD card slot drivers are loaded in eboot (which is what boots the loader for the phone).

In short, no, it cannot be done.

Guest .hack_infection
if there is a way, I don't know it. I used to flash my x51v all the time with a CF card, but with samsung there is a whole different ball of wax. First there has to be drivers, and a loader. I don't even know of the SD card slot drivers are loaded in eboot (which is what boots the loader for the phone).

In short, no, it cannot be done.

thanks, it was worth asking. Oh well, maybe some genius will see this and give it a try.

Guest amdzero
thanks, it was worth asking. Oh well, maybe some genius will see this and give it a try.

I think you'd be better off going to a friends house with a usb drive containing Octans Full, the OS specific drivers, and the flash file you want on your phone. Honestly I don't think there is an ubergeek waiting for this kind of challenge.