Re-skinning Samsung Default Dialer

Guest ular_king

Imporetant update: sorry I sent you the wrong dll file. I will send it again.

hi ular_king, thanks for the links to other dialer skins. they are nice but I like yours better. could you make a HTC sking for the WM 6.5 default dialer. I've attached my dialer dll and a screen shot for you. many thanks!!!!!!!

MyDialer.zip

Edited by x2h

Guest ular_king
here's the correct dll file and screenshot.

x2h, both files are wrong...the dll u attached are actually the Samsung Dialer and its funny when i open it i find my HTC skin dialer :D

Windows Default Dialer uses another dll file which I'm not sure what is the filename cause I never bother to use it.

Guest Terry666

HELP!!! I changed my dialer (JG5) with the v.3... I didn't like it cause didn't match with the phonebook and the rest and I tried to change it back to original (I kept a copy).

I used the TC to overwrite the new but no success. PLEASE can anybody tell me how to overwrite it and come back to original...

x2h, both files are wrong...the dll u attached are actually the Samsung Dialer and its funny when i open it i find my HTC skin dialer :D

Windows Default Dialer uses another dll file which I'm not sure what is the filename cause I never bother to use it.

sorry i am puzzled too. guess i am stuck with the WM dialer for a while. thanks for your help!!!

Guest Terry666
disable samsung dialer by reg. editing, softreset. then do whatever u want.

Hi Lancez

Can you please tell me the key line as I can't find it with my SKTools? :D

Thank you for your reply in advance... :D

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez

Can you please tell me the key line as I can't find it with my SKTools? :D

Thank you for your reply in advance... :D

i actually use a little program to enable and disable samsung dialer and video call. if im not mistaken, it should be: HKLM\security\phone\samsung\enabled=0 then softreset.

Guest Terry666
i actually use a little program to enable and disable samsung dialer and video call. if im not mistaken, it should be: HKLM\security\phone\samsung\enabled=0 then softreset.

THANK YOU Lances THANK YOU!!!

Was: "HKLM\security\phone\skin" ... I disabled it, replaced it and enabled it again and I discovered I had lost the original :D ;) (with all my tries to replace copy or move...) as mine was Black with yellow(?) letters and this (I retrieved from this thread) is Gray with white letters...

It will be toooooo much if I asked ANYONE to post the black one? :D

Guest Lancez
THANK YOU Lances THANK YOU!!!

Was: "HKLM\security\phone\skin" ... I disabled it, replaced it and enabled it again and I discovered I had lost the original :D ;) (with all my tries to replace copy or move...) as mine was Black with yellow(?) letters and this (I retrieved from this thread) is Gray with white letters...

It will be toooooo much if I asked ANYONE to post the black one? :D

not getting it. did it work? did u install samsung dialer by a cab or its been cooked in the rom already? if its cooked, there is no way u can lose it.

Guest Terry666
not getting it. did it work? did u install samsung dialer by a cab or its been cooked in the rom already? if its cooked, there is no way u can lose it.

Sorry for the confusion...

When I d/l the 3rd versions of the HTC skin, before replacing the original I copied it for security... :D Then I replace it and after a little use I decided I didn't like it as I say before and I tried to copy back the original (Black/Yellow). I couldn't do it and after few tries I "MOVE" it in stupid hope if do the move will replace it... it didn't replaced it but renamed it... After few more tries I deleted from the Windows directory the "EXTRA" Renamed ones and with all of them (3) in my frustration I forget the one was my original black/yellow...

After I read your reply I did what you said and soft-reset the phone. The new skin was a different gray skin with the extra buttons in the right side, the I find out I didn't have the original anymore and I find in this thread a JG5 default which I d/l it and replaced the HTC one in the Windows dir, then I re-enabled the skin from the registry and I find out that was the original but different color...

That's why I asked for somebody to U/L the original black one if have it...

I have JG5 WM6.5

Edited by Terry666

Guest Lancez

am using my own ZHJC2 now, the dialer is different. cant help u there. maybe someone can. u can hardreset your phone to get dialer back. r u using official rom or custom?

Guest Terry666
am using my own ZHJC2 now, the dialer is different. cant help u there. maybe someone can. u can hardreset your phone to get dialer back. r u using official rom or custom?

No problem mate I thank you for your help anyway :D

I use the full JG5 and btw my default dialer is (I can't remember how long now) with lite/custom or the few full ROMs I tried, this Black/Yellow I had...

Always WM 6.5 NOT 6.5.x :D

hey guys, i tried replacing the 2 files but error came up. saying cannot copy or replasced files. make sure its not currently in use. what should i do?