Any Droid ROM's?

Guest abuttio

Guest abuttio

I am seriously thinking about switching over to a droid, for lack of a better word, nobody is developing for Windows Mobile anymore and I'd like to see how much info I have to give to google before I ultimately purchase one of these things.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
I am seriously thinking about switching over to a droid, for lack of a better word, nobody is developing for Windows Mobile anymore and I'd like to see how much info I have to give to google before I ultimately purchase one of these things.

guess you havent been looking around

Guest amdzero

if you do jump ship, could you post back with your new droid and your transition from WM to android?

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
if you do jump ship, could you post back with your new droid and your transition from WM to android?

Android was ok. I had went from an Omnia to Eris(when it first came out. At that time VZW was takin forever to release the O2) While the Market was ok and had some good apps that arent out for Causeworld(miss that program) it just felt like the OS was lacking. Maybe it was just the lack of support for the Eris. So TC if you do go to Android dont get an Eris. Get Droid, Droid X, Droid 2 when it drops or Incredible. Get something that is easily rooted. Android has a lot of apps and everything and so does WM.

Guest Omega Ra

I personally can't upgrade until December, so I will see what WP7 looks like when it comes out, then when I get to play with the actual release of that instead of themes, I will decide between that and a Droid X or whatever...

Guest rpmm70
I personally can't upgrade until December, so I will see what WP7 looks like when it comes out, then when I get to play with the actual release of that instead of themes, I will decide between that and a Droid X or whatever...

I can't upgrade till December either. I am interested in seeing what WP7 and Android 3.0 are like. I have read rumors of a 2.0 GHz Android phone as well. So at the end of the this year I will be testing out various phones and making my choice. But until then I have my O2 which I love thanks to the great ROMs from the chefs here at Modaco.

Guest Omega Ra
I can't upgrade till December either. I am interested in seeing what WP7 and Android 3.0 are like. I have read rumors of a 2.0 GHz Android phone as well. So at the end of the this year I will be testing out various phones and making my choice. But until then I have my O2 which I love thanks to the great ROMs from the chefs here at Modaco.

precisely. I can't wait for the dual core snapdragons :)

Guest Omega Ra
I'm not trying to push anyone to an android phone, however, if you were just waiting for you contract to end take a look at this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/10/motorol...ficial-android/

You can upgrade now, if your contract ends before the end of THIS year!

Well technically my contract doesn't end until next year, However with the smartphone plan you can upgrade every year.