Customise Hardware Buttons

Guest Epic-Emodude

Guest Azurren
Grr. I shall kill Cyanogizzle and make the N1 a puny phone compared to my mighty, PULSE!!!

How will you manage that? :D

Make a phoney update that replaces the N1s sleek drivers with the badly written Pulse ones? Give the screen some black borders and underclock the hell out of the processor :D

Guest DanWilson
How will you manage that? :D

Make a phoney update that replaces the N1s sleek drivers with the badly written Pulse ones? Give the screen some black borders and underclock the hell out of the processor :D

No. MEGA-OVACLOCK the processor till it burns out!

Guest Epic-Emodude
No. MEGA-OVACLOCK the processor till it burns out!

Lol. I will be knowledgeable of this and not installed the mega speed improving update.

I thought that this custom button thing would be popular. I've had 3 downloads :-(

Guest stealthstealer
Lol. I will be knowledgeable of this and not installed the mega speed improving update.

I thought that this custom button thing would be popular. I've had 3 downloads :-(

I think it's a great idea, but I think you should make maybe 2 or 3 different combinations, and explain clearly what each one gives you in terms of functionality.

For me I think the best layout would be:

Red: Home

Green: menu

Back: back :D

Home (long press back): recent applications

But I think its a great idea and I'll download as soon as I'm sure what I'm downloading (1st post)

Guest stealthstealer

I think it's a great idea, but I think you should make maybe 2 or 3 different combinations, and explain clearly what each one gives you in terms of functionality.

But I think its a great idea and I'll download as soon as I'm sure what I'm downloading (1st post)

Guest DanWilson

You now have 2 menu buttons :D

It is currently;

Red - Home

Green - Search,

Guest stealthstealer
You now have 2 menu buttons :D

It is currently;

Red - Home

Green - Search,

Damn, yeah sorry I meant green search. Keep it how it is

Guest gusthy
I approve of this mod 100% .

Lets get it built in to the next build of FLB :D

but before that it would be nice to fix the following issue:

after installing 0.4 I couldn't hang up a call using Red button :D

Guest Epic-Emodude

Because its been changed from end call to home, it no longer functions as end call. I dont think theres a way that it can be fixed (I can fix it)

The way to hang up calls is to click menu then end call. Do you use the camera button?

If not I will create you a version 2moro that puts end call and home on red and camera buttons (whichever way round you want them)

Guest DanWilson

Because it's not a Red button any more. Its a home button.

So to hang up, press menu, and hit "End Call"

Guest Epic-Emodude
Can't you see how the home/back button is done, and make the button so that if you long press red, it ends the call?

The home button is programmed to have a different key code after a long press. I can edit the action that Android carries out when you press a key and it sends a key code, but I'm not tallented enough to add new key codes otherwise i would add long press for everything

I just noticed. Hold down red. Brings up recent apps.

Interesting.

Edit: Hold green, voice search, hold menu, keyboard, etc.

Edited by Rem1x

Guest Epic-Emodude
I just noticed. Hold down red. Brings up recent apps.

Interesting.

Edit: Hold green, voice search, hold menu, keyboard, etc.

wow recent apps thing is awesome =]

i will look into changing the keyboard and voice search things.

Guest Epic-Emodude
And you see whos brain child this was :D

Tbh I didn't know it would be this simple / be done so quickly!

Emodude really is EPIC :D

if i wasn't sitting around at home wondrring when the next versions of flb mod or launcher pro are going to be released i probably wouldn't have done it lol

Guest DanWilson
wow recent apps thing is awesome =]

i will look into changing the keyboard and voice search things.

Keyboard and voice search are Android things, not button things. On any phone, holding the Menu button would spring up the keyboard.

Guest Epic-Emodude
Keyboard and voice search are Android things, not button things. On any phone, holding the Menu button would spring up the keyboard.

I've just noticed that, as long the home key is the only button that gives a different key nmber on lng press. i will look into fibding what causes keyboard and stuff and try and change it to something more useful.

does anyne know how i can put my work into a flashable zip?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Hey there!

Could you implement media player buttons? I mean, let's say longpress volume button = next track

That would be awesome!

ill look into that, its a really good idea, but atm volume keys have no long press output, so I'm going to have to find out how to create key outputs or add something in android like the keyboard. tomorrow i will try and create you a version with a single camera button click skipping media

Guest Azurren
Hey there!

Could you implement media player buttons? I mean, let's say longpress volume button = next track

That would be awesome!

Actually long press volume up / down increases and decreases volume.. I use it a lot :D

Guest Epic-Emodude

so I've been digging around the phone, especially in the sys folder, and have come across multiple references to input0 - 6 and event0 - 6. this interests me because there are 7 buttons that have long press controlled by Android. unfortunately i cannot see any straight forward linking to comands or apps.

any one have any other idea how or where they are controlled?