2 Questions: Can I create PDA/IMG file from my phone?

Guest grcd

I have two questions for you guys, which I hope you can help me with.

I wanted to create my own ROM which would be 'based' on an ultra-lite ROM, so I could then add what I wanted to have. I am nearly done and very happy with my ROM now, which has a very adequate RAM consumption and plenty of space in the phone memory.

I am however missing one thing, which I can't seem to come up with... The PDA image I obtained had the Samsung Messaging stripped out, and therefore it only uses the default Windows one. I want to know if it is possible to find out the Samsung Messaging CAB file, hopefully one that is from JE1 or later (provided it has changed at all).

My second question is, hopefully, simpler: Can I turn my current phone state into a flashable IMG, or the constituent parts (PDA, EBOOT, CSC, etc)? If yes, how is that possible? Ideally I could then use the IMG to flash my phone back to this state whenever I want -- or change things around and cook it further.

Hope you can help me!

EDIT: Third question: Is it possible to create a file that automatically makes a registry change 'permanent'? I want the RADIOFM toggle to 1 permanently, so that the volume editor allows all available volume scales (the dots). So far, I have to do it manually every time I restart the phone.

Edited by grcd