Help a newb out please

Guest firefdr

Guest firefdr
That's not an Omnia II (i8000) but an Omnia (i900).

yeah that's not my phone, it's just a picture I found here around, the symbol shown is exactly the same.

I have an Omnia II i8000

Guest Wiseon3
So can anybody here tell me which version of Octans should I have, what additional drivers should I install, which rom to use, where to download all those files?

All the drivers/software you need to flash under Windows (I'd recommend Windows XP, as it's the safest one) can be found here: Guide to Flashing

Regarding the ROM you could use Official JG5, if you want a Windows Mobile 6.5 version, although I'd recommend you a 6.5.3 version which is more finger friendly, like Official JE3, or a custom one (usually faster than the TouchWiz interface).

Safe flashing.

Edited by Wiseon3

Guest shadowangel
First you can't brick the phone a little bit... You did it or not... (and I don't want to completely brick my phone.)

Try to hard reset the phone...

If this didn't work try to flash it with the OCTANS 2.14 and some ROM you like after you take the battery out for about 10 mins...

PLEASE follow the instructions for the flashing!!! ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/ )

To be sure that you bricked or not your phone, you have to try flashing any ROM available on the forum following those instructions... if octans do not recognize your phone than it is bricked... if it recognizes, than you just need to flash it :huh:

Guest firefdr

Thanks everyone!

Downloading the ROM (at 1.5 kB/s....)

I should flash everything right? Eboot, PDA, CSC and Phone

And do I need ActiveSync running?

Edited by firefdr

Guest Lancez
Thanks everyone!

Downloading the ROM (at 1.5 kB/s....)

I should flash everything right? Eboot, PDA, CSC and Phone

And do I need ActiveSync running?

ActiveSync should be installed right after samsung CDMA driver and samsung MST driver. the JG5 contains eboot, CSC, phone and MST files. make sure you select MoviNAND to choose MST, not PDA.

Guest firefdr
ActiveSync should be installed right after samsung CDMA driver and samsung MST driver. the JG5 contains eboot, CSC, phone and MST files. make sure you select MoviNAND to choose MST, not PDA.

I already have ActiveSync installed (directly from MS). Should I uninstall it before installing the CDMA driver?

I'm actually downloading the JE3 one. Is the JG5 better? Which one would you recommend?

What is the "samsung MST driver"? Is it just the MST file I put in the Octans or something else I have to install?

Thanks! (and sorry for all the questions)

Guest dinhductao
I already have ActiveSync installed (directly from MS). Should I uninstall it before installing the CDMA driver?

I'm actually downloading the JE3 one. Is the JG5 better? Which one would you recommend?

What is the "samsung MST driver"? Is it just the MST file I put in the Octans or something else I have to install?

Thanks! (and sorry for all the questions)

No, If you already have ActiveSync so then you have to install Samsung CDMA driver and OCTANS. You must download and install all the required softs and then follow the guide exactly. (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-gsm-rom-discussion/297627/guide-to-flashing-rom-on-i8000/). You can try JG5 cooked ROMs or any i8000 cooked ROMs in this forum. It'll be OK. Flashing only PDA (.nb0) is 100% safe. It's easy. At first, I'm afraid of damage the phone also, now even My Storage has been lost but I still flash it several times a day! :huh:. Good luck!

Edited by dinhductao

Guest firefdr

So quick checkthrough before I begin flashing

- Using netbook with Windows XP Home SP3, connected to charger

- I installed ActiveSync

- I then installed CMDA drivers (it just gave me a quick successfull message, nothing else)

- I have ActiveSync running

- Phone is OFF. Removed the battery for 15 minutes and then put it back in since I cant switch off with the button

On Octans

- Mode Select - NORMAL

- Eboot - .eb0 file

- PDA - (empty)

- Language select - English UK

- MultiCSC - .csc file

- Set Priority Bit - unchecked

- CSC File Select - I8000PROJE5.csc (Netherlands, English UK, No operator -- Can I basically choose anything I want or are there some compatibility limitations?)

- MoviNAND - .mst file

- Contents - (empty)

- Phone - .bin file

- ALL 5 checkboxes under phone - unchecked (haven't found anything related to these)

- Integrated - (empty)

- Didn't press Detect button yet

- Skip over... and Start DLing... on the right side are both unchecked

Am I doing everything right? Particularly the checkboxes since the guide doesn't even mention them.

Guest Terry666
So quick checkthrough before I begin flashing

- Using netbook with Windows XP Home SP3, connected to charger

- I installed ActiveSync

- I then installed CMDA drivers (it just gave me a quick successfull message, nothing else)

- I have ActiveSync running

- Phone is OFF. Removed the battery for 15 minutes and then put it back in since I cant switch off with the button

On Octans

- Mode Select - NORMAL

- Eboot - .eb0 file

- PDA - (empty)

- Language select - English UK

- MultiCSC - .csc file

- Set Priority Bit - unchecked

- CSC File Select - I8000PROJE5.csc (Netherlands, English UK, No operator -- Can I basically choose anything I want or are there some compatibility limitations?)

- MoviNAND - .mst file

- Contents - (empty)

- Phone - .bin file

- ALL 5 checkboxes under phone - unchecked (haven't found anything related to these)

- Integrated - (empty)

- Didn't press Detect button yet

- Skip over... and Start DLing... on the right side are both unchecked

Am I doing everything right? Particularly the checkboxes since the guide doesn't even mention them.

You don't need to run "Active Sync"

Also check the box with "Preserve device's contents" to save what you have inside "My Storage"...

Go for it and GOOD LUCK!!!

Guest firefdr
You don't need to run "Active Sync"

Also check the box with "Preserve device's contents" to save what you have inside "My Storage"...

Go for it and GOOD LUCK!!!

So now closed ActiveSync.

Don't have anything on my phone, I backed up and did a hard reset before I tried the first update.

All checkboxes are still unchecked. Ok?

Also is the CSC option from the dropdown menu allright?

Guest Wiseon3

Don't have anything on my phone, I backed up and did a hard reset before I tried the first update.

There is no limitation regarding the CSC, so you can choose whichever you want (personally I use the EU ones).

Guest Terry666
Thanks ;)

Looks all OK... Tell us about it after you finish... :huh:

Guest firefdr

JOB COMPLETE!

:huh:

Everything went super smoothly. It's good to have my phone back ;)

Many thanks to everyone here for being so helpful!! And to all the community too for creating the ROMs and the flasher!