[ROM][i920]HTC Sense 2018 Public Beta Release

Guest amdzero

Guest blankend

Sorry to be a pain. What is the file extension supposed to be on the Janurary .exe files? I stripped out the .001 and .002 and made the .7z files but when I try to open them I get the file format may be wrong or the files are corrupt. Any ideas?

Guest amdzero
Sorry to be a pain. What is the file extension supposed to be on the Janurary .exe files? I stripped out the .001 and .002 and made the .7z files but when I try to open them I get the file format may be wrong or the files are corrupt. Any ideas?

they are two parts to ONE file. don't change anything, just use 7zip to decompress the first file, and it will automatically follow through to the second file.

You should update to DC23 before flashing a custom rom btw.

Guest blankend
they are two parts to ONE file. don't change anything, just use 7zip to decompress the first file, and it will automatically follow through to the second file.

Sorry. I did understand that there were 2 files that made up 1 complete file. The problem that I had was I was trying to use WinRAR to open the files. I had read on here some where before that it could be done that way. But downloaded 7zip and all is good. Also, I had flashed DC23 before doing the new flashes. Thanks for your patience with this here, working on my ignorance, newb.

Guest blankend

Wont let me run them because it wont allow reinstall. Damn!

Guest amdzero
Wont let me run them because it wont allow reinstall. Damn!

right, like I said before, you must run the first update and THEN the april update if you want to go back to official stock.

No worries, we were all new to this at one time or another.

Guest blankend
right, like I said before, you must run the first update and THEN the april update if you want to go back to official stock.

No worries, we were all new to this at one time or another.

Yeah, I know. I tried to run the Janurary update first and it says the tool does not allow the installation. So I am stuck from here.

Great ROM. Sense runs nicely - no lag at all, and available RAM is good to. :P

Is there a way to go back to the 4x4 program grid instead of 3x3? How do you get to all programs, or just use WinMo default for programs that are not quick links?

Have not tried everything yet, but so far no issues.

Guest amdzero
Yeah, I know. I tried to run the Janurary update first and it says the tool does not allow the installation. So I am stuck from here.

try flashing my v1 rom in my base/lite thread, then try the update. I think that is how I did it before.

No progress on this rom as of yet, I don't know what to change. I can look into the 4 across vs. the 3 across icons.

this rom isn't all that functional as far as sense goes, but it runs pretty smooth. It has more ram, because I removed a lot of sense stuff.

Can you guys suggest fixes for the sense part of this rom? I want it to be minimal, but not at the cost of functionality.

Guest amdzero
Indeed, they hold the key.

X

new beta comming in a day or two. If vzw/samsung don't release that new update, I'll also update my lite/base roms as well. They are tested, just don't want to release DC23, and then turn right around and release ANOTHER.

Guest xlightwaverx

There is no Verizon update bro. Release away. :P

new beta comming in a day or two. If vzw/samsung don't release that new update, I'll also update my lite/base roms as well. They are tested, just don't want to release DC23, and then turn right around and release ANOTHER.

Guest xlightwaverx

If this update really comes out I believe foremost, we, er, as in the cooks that actually work still (AMD :P) should try and use the kitchen tools we have available to pull that rom from the EXE and create a NEW stock rom with no alterations.

We all could use a brand new starting point for our projects. Maybe the sense ROMs will get some new support for GL based applications... Hmm... Who knows.

X

Guest amdzero
If this update really comes out I believe foremost, we, er, as in the cooks that actually work still (AMD :P) should try and use the kitchen tools we have available to pull that rom from the EXE and create a NEW stock rom with no alterations.

We all could use a brand new starting point for our projects. Maybe the sense ROMs will get some new support for GL based applications... Hmm... Who knows.

X

I can create a new stock rom once (if?) the update is released. I did it before with the DC23 update. The problem is that I don't mess with eboot mst nor csc stuff, so It would be a PDA only portion. As long as you update to the (theoretical) update before using the stock rom I create, you should be gtg.

BTW is mediafire down or is it just me? I'm trying to get some more Anastasia style icons/themes for my next sense release.

Edited by amdzero

Guest xlightwaverx

I have a feeling that all our phones have been flashed so many times that this new update, if it exists, will probably do what the DC23 does when you try it... Hangs and goes duh....

X

I can create a new stock rom once (if?) the update is released. I did it before with the DC23 update. The problem is that I don't mess with eboot mst nor csc stuff, so It would be a PDA only portion. As long as you update to the (theoretical) update before using the stock rom I create, you should be gtg.

BTW is mediafire down or is it just me? I'm trying to get some more Anastasia style icons/themes for my next sense release.

Edited by xlightwaverx

Hey AMD, are you gonna release this rom with the new DG21 update? I'm looking forward to trying the new beta

I can, I'll make it beta again, I'm also trying to update to 23136. It takes time, and most of sense is operational, just not music. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Guest xlightwaverx

What exactly is the issue? Installing Album and all the requisites?

What's it do?

X

I can, I'll make it beta again, I'm also trying to update to 23136. It takes time, and most of sense is operational, just not music. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?

What exactly is the issue? Installing Album and all the requisites?

What's it do?

X

well I'm adding the packages for it but when you go to the music tab, it just spins like it is updating. But it never adds any songs.

Guest xlightwaverx

We might have to do a 2015 update using the "created" package of sense and try it on this DG21 ROM and see what happens. Might have to do this before everyone tries to go 2016, 2017, 2018, 2.6, etc. Sense should run a lot smoother on this DG21 ROM because STOCK is a lot smoother on this DG21 ROM.

well I'm adding the packages for it but when you go to the music tab, it just spins like it is updating. But it never adds any songs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest red91sit
We might have to do a 2015 update using the "created" package of sense and try it on this DG21 ROM and see what happens. Might have to do this before everyone tries to go 2016, 2017, 2018, 2.6, etc. Sense should run a lot smoother on this DG21 ROM because STOCK is a lot smoother on this DG21 ROM.

I'm running this ROM on my DG21 updated phone, the parts that work work very nicely! The sms is really driving me nuts though, i can see threaded view in sense, but "no sim card blah blah" if i try to send out from there. When I use the regular all message windows thing, it's no longer threaded. I've tried to add jinbox, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

:EDIT: it seems like in the messaging area, it's stuck in subfolders like inbox, drafts, sent.

Some other little bits that aren't working on mine are;

wallpapers - can't change them

people tab - when you scroll to the link to facebook area, it crashes sense

facebook updated pictures ( it still knew who my favorite people were, but they're fbook associations don't show up)

when I click settings - sounds and notifications, it gives me an unsigned thinger error.

I certainly don't mean to sound unhappy with this ROM, I'm very excited by the smoothness and speed it has! If there is anything i can do to help, certainly let me know :lol:

Thanks for all of your hard work!

I personally like the default WinMo ,messaging. Once I changed to that using the reg settting in the Tips and Tricks post, the SIM error went away.

I am running AMD's DG21 lite ROM with the BigMouth 2018 Sense. That has the same problem of restarting when you try to add a favorite. I was able to do it, so it might work for you - but it was screwy. Go to the contact in AllPeople. edit it, save it, look at call history, look at groups, look at favorites, play around like that. When you go back to favorites, the contact might just be there. Wish I could be more specific but it does not always work and not always the same way.

As I said, far from scientific....