|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest thebass

So how does everyone use their threaded SMS now?

I typed in "threaded" in the search in the bottom right corner to see what other users are saying about msging. It seems like this hasn't been updated in the current roms. I'm also surprised the annoying sent notifications bubble is not automatically disabled. I do have some cabs if someone needs me to post them somewhere.

I'm going to have to go back to using VITO SMS which I find is the best, fast, bug free threaded SMS app. I don't understand why anyone would use the current one inside sense since it squishes the buttons when your typing your message. Although the page scrolling screen looks cool, its time consuming flipping through it to see the next one.

I map VITO to my cube button to bring it up since I don't need a hardware button to press Start since it's always on the screen.

Guest hamsterfood2010

May i know if the Energy.OMNIA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.06.7z is recommended to use or the Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Dec.20 as im still using the 20 dec one. If not i will wait for a more stable version. Thanks =D!

Guest sgmem88

not trying to start a flame war....just to share what I know about mirror...

saw in other device forum that NRG do allow mirror of his older version ROM, but it should be older version that no more exist in his download links. As we all know his download link only keep the latest version.

This is probably for ppl who want to try older version or need to fall back due to whatever reason.

But it is always good to check with chef himself ;)

Guest Mustard007
Not!!! Hotfile doesnt pay people who uploads the files.. although it does gives the same benefits as MU and RS, that is the file download count will reward the uploader with points which can be exchanged for premium accounts.

Since NRG is busy cooking roms i shall help him answer these redundant questions.

The reason why NRG doesnt want mirrors is that he can monitor and manage the files easily. As you all know, he cooks for alot and i mean ALOT of devices and there are so many roms.

Next he can also track and monitor the file download count to determine the popularity of a rom. Say for example he cooks a titanium rom and the download count is only 10, it shows that the demand for the titanium roms are low and he will stop cooking it. Hence by allowing mirrors, he will be unable to determine such stuff and will stop cooking the rom as he sees the download count for a particular rom is low as people are downloading from mirrors. you dont want that do you?

Why most chefs here allow for mirrors is that they only cook for 1 device and they do it for the fun of it. And mostly they cook it for personal uses, so it doesnt matter if no1 downloads it. NRG doesnt use the i8000 for daily use (correct me if i am wrong^^) So it would be a waste of time to cook a rom where no1 uses and concentrate on bringing a better quaslity rom to you isn't it?

Hope that clears things up..

Hi !

thanks for your explanations...now I understand.

;)

Guest mrychol

Does anyone know whether the Titanium rom for 29xxx release will be posted or is the release over. If it is stopped for some reason, maybe we could request NRG to post at least the previous 28xxx version. I decided for stability purposes to install titanium but only one that I had downloaded is 23xxx.

I install on it Samsung Wigdet Plus, and the outcome is nicely skinned variation of stock rom without lagging Samsung menu but operational windows start menu instead. Good battery life, stable 30mb of free space (50 on boot). It is good for gaming - FPSCE and heavy weight GPS apps.

I would request someone to share the previous 28xxx Titanium but that seems to be illegal. Thanks.

By the way does someone figured out how to configure XDA UC to by default install apps to my storage instead to \. I struggle for quite some time but the only walk around that I have is to install the apps to SD folder, and choose on my own while the cabs are installed.

Edited by mrychol

Guest turnado1979

Hi everyone

i flashed my rom with 26XXX 6.5 sense rom and found it is great and stable

i have only a problem with some samsung staff as i feel that the master chief used the cabs for 6.5x rom into 6.5 so i found small white par in the photo album and touch clock.

in addition the touch player is old version and is not working well in the full screen and when i installed my touch player cab, i found the program working but canot to play any media

my question is did any one get solution for this error ?

and the new Energy.OMNIA.21916.Sense2.5.Jan.06 has a solution of the problem or not

i waiting for your reply ot decide flashing the the new rom or keep the 26xx one

Edited by turnado1979

Guest longsin

hey, new rom is downloading, Jan 17th.

i dont try 29007 rom,because i want to look lyrics while listening song, on 29007 rom there is not software , if there is a software ,but can not close it

if someone has the software on 29007, please tell me, thanks

Edited by longsin

Guest roma0803

Anyone installed the new ROM?

I'd like to know if the text messages tab in contacts is fixed and if Sense is still crashing when adding a status update in the Twitter tab.

Thanks.

Guest turnado1979

I'd like to know if the text messages tab in contacts is fixed and if Sense is still crashing when adding a status update in the Twitter tab.

Thanks.

the text messages tab in contacts not fixed

sorry i don't have twitter account but facebook is ok

Edited by turnado1979

Guest alen147

Sorry for the off topic, but my phone runs really slow with the latest 29*** ROM,I'm left with only 20mb of RAM. can it be because of the PHONE or CSC part? I only flashed PDA part so it says:

PDA: NXXJE3

CSC: (empty)

PHONE: XXII6

Should I flash the CSC and Phone part with a newer ROM? would it make it run energy faster?

Edited by alen147

Guest villu666

i'm still getting problem with wi-fi.. in IE it says that the connection kas been ended and opera give a simple connection error. other apps also don't want to connect.. I tried to change eboot and phone for Eboot_I8000NXXJD3_HW_40 and Phone_I8000XXJD1 but it doesn't work anyway. any suggestions which eboot and other works fine with that? maybe another csc? please give direct links if not a problem ;) thanx

Guest Ricardo Tambasco
Hello Ricardo,

That is a good idea I would never figured it out on my own. I will definitely look into it and try it out once I get back home from holidays (currently skiing in Slovakia :-). Could you post some screen-shoots of how the final version looks on your phone? Also would appreciate if you could tell me more about the settings that you recommend to set in point one? Also does the trick work with exporting great looks of NRG rom into the n00body/Rapid's rom (icons and whether animations and stuff)? Thanks for your help.

Happy and Prosperous New Year,

Sorry about the delay on answering you, mrychol, but I've been away from the forums since last post.

I'll try to get some screen shots and post them here but I can tell you in advance it looks exactly the same as NRG's Cookie 2.0 version without any extra theme.

As far as the settings go you can really do it the way you like best and save it. Anything you setup, exception on contacts added to quick ou free links, will be saved and can be restored on Rapid's. I personally use only 2 levels (vertical scroll) on the home screen: first one with dual clock, notification bar, appointments and 2 lines of quick links and the second level with the small digital clock and 4 lines of quick links. I'm using only 1 page (horizontal scroll) of home screen to avoid causing the interface to become slow since all the added controls seem to be loaded to memory at once at startup. The icons are great on Rapid's ROM and the weather animations work flawlessly either on the weather page and on the home screen when you turn it on with the weather toggle switch.

Hope you had happy holidays and a great new year for you too! ;)

Thanks.

THE TEXT MESSAGE PROBLEM IN CONTACTS TAB - can be easily fixed, look Post #2433

Edited by GPRZYT

Guest sgmem88
just tried the jan6 and jan17 rom.. i cant get IE to work.. It always say Cannot Connect.. The connection has been ended... please help

try Samsung Settings/Network Settings/Restore Connections

Guest vernoncomph

thanks.. IE is working now... Settings --> Samsung Settings --> Network Settings --> Browser Connections --> Automatic Detect "ON"...

.. the default Browser Connection setup was WAP

Thank you guys...

Edited by vernoncomph

Guest alen147

I have the jan17 rom and it still has the white squares on the home screen, the letters are WAY to small in the messanger (does anyone else have this problem?).

Guest vernoncomph
I have the jan17 rom and it still has the white squares on the home screen, the letters are WAY to small in the messanger (does anyone else have this problem?).

im using standard cookie jan17 and I had no encounter with white squares on home screen nor small fonts issues.. except for some squezing window when you open the screen keyboad

Guest williamwong

When you use the compact menu layout, then the white squares on the home screen and other tab. ;)

Guest tanv shell

I cant get gps to work... i use two apps..

1. navicomputer gps status is always off... even you turn it on

2. gpslocation prompted Could not Connect to GPS everytime i tap the Connect Button

i am using jan17 cookie standard rom...

help please..