|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest francis_fds
Hi,NRGZ28! I'm try Energy.OMNIA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Mar.16.7z. Pls explain why when apply the compact menu not added memory as early .Now I'm use Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Feb.19 Memory ,when apply the compact menu , after reboot abt 50 Mb, in sencity.Mar.16.7 abt 29 MB

+1

Guest francis_fds
Using GTX - WOW! Couple of questions...

Why does my data connection turn on whenever I reboot my phone? My weather and email update settings are to manual.

Is the Autorotation feature disabled completely from this rom? If not, how can I enable it again?

Great stuff, guys!

This might be to do with the GPS XTRA settings which stay on continuously. Try this with a registry editing software - HKLM-Software-Samsung-RIL-GPS-XTRA.

Disable autodownload and autodownloadactivesync by setting values of both to 0.

Check if this resolves your problem.

Francis

Guest meabigbaldguy
This might be to do with the GPS XTRA settings which stay on continuously. Try this with a registry editing software - HKLM-Software-Samsung-RIL-GPS-XTRA.

Disable autodownload and autodownloadactivesync by setting values of both to 0.

Check if this resolves your problem.

Francis

That was it! Thanks.

Guest jerrypt

Thanks to NRGZ28 for his latest March 21 roms.

One suggestion.

Hope that for future roms he can rearrange the default Home Layout icons (on the bottom row) such that the Settings icon is right at the top so as to make it more easily accessible for us to Personalize and customize the Tabs.

TIA

Guest pifpaw
Hi,NRGZ28! I'm try Energy.OMNIA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Mar.16.7z. Pls explain why when apply the compact menu not added memory as early .Now I'm use Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Feb.19 Memory ,when apply the compact menu , after reboot abt 50 Mb, in sencity.Mar.16.7 abt 29 MB

+2

ArkSwitch does not boot correctly

thx

Guest qsonic

i wonder why many of the samsung tools have been removed? one of the most dreadful omissions is the touch clock, cause the htc sense alarm clock really sucks butt...

Guest chteh0721
i wonder why many of the samsung tools have been removed? one of the most dreadful omissions is the touch clock, cause the htc sense alarm clock really sucks butt...

you can install on ur own, i love the touch clock as well

Guest francis_fds
Does anyone know from where we may get the taskbar theme (the icons). I would like to try it on a "reference" rom.

thx

Hi Moppix,

Which of the taskbar themes are you referring to? Every taskbar theme of NRG is different, based on the ROM edition.

You could also try the theme i am attaching here. It looks awesome on dark backgrounds and gives a clear numeric battery display.

Let me know if you like it.

Francis

taskbar_build_23075_23081.cab

Guest moppix
Hi Moppix,

Which of the taskbar themes are you referring to? Every taskbar theme of NRG is different, based on the ROM edition.

You could also try the theme i am attaching here. It looks awesome on dark backgrounds and gives a clear numeric battery display.

Let me know if you like it.

Francis

Hi,

I was looking for the taskbar from "Energy.OMNIA.29017.Sense2.5.Mar.21", but, this one posted by you is even better.

The only issue I found with it is that it keeps the default BT icon, but that is no problem.

Thx so much.

Edited by moppix

Guest meabigbaldguy

Using GTX 29017 Mar 16. Does anyone else have a problem with Sense and OS crashes? I have them at least three to five times a day.

Also, the XTRA feature keeps turning itself back on no matter what - even with a registry edit to keep it off. Does anyone know if this is on purpose?

Otherwise it is a great ROM, it has brought a new aesthetic to my phone.

Guest francis_fds
Using GTX 29017 Mar 16. Does anyone else have a problem with Sense and OS crashes? I have them at least three to five times a day.

Also, the XTRA feature keeps turning itself back on no matter what - even with a registry edit to keep it off. Does anyone know if this is on purpose?

Otherwise it is a great ROM, it has brought a new aesthetic to my phone.

The registry tweak I mentioned a couple of posts back, works hundred percent in switching off the XTRA feature....Try it again. Are the registry changes getting saved after you have made them?

Edited by francis_fds

Guest meabigbaldguy
The registry tweak I mentioned a couple of posts back, works hundred percent in switching off the XTRA feature....Try it again. Are the registry changes getting saved after you have made them?

Tried that one a couple of times already. Registry values are what they should be, but XTRA is still on. Funny thing is that I can turn XTRA off, leave the menu, return, and then it's on again. I actually have this problem with a few different settings on the phone so I think that it's either intentional or a bug.

Anyway, I'm going to flash one of the MAR 21 ROMs. Maybe that will fare better. Like I said already, it's a great ROM concept, but the crashes are a bit too much, too often.

Guest achimf

I tried your and MS Teams Roms but yours are much faster.

Very good Job!!!

Only one problem: In the latest "Energy.OMNIA.29017.Sense2.5.Mar.21" there are lot of ringtones. However only very few like '01_The Beat", "02_Flash", "03_Nothing..", "04_Beyond..." are working. If i go to Sound&Notifications trying to set others than the above mentioned ring tones I get the error notification "This ring tone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone". Any fix for this problem?

Btw, own ring tones can be used.

Guest francis_fds
Tried that one a couple of times already. Registry values are what they should be, but XTRA is still on. Funny thing is that I can turn XTRA off, leave the menu, return, and then it's on again. I actually have this problem with a few different settings on the phone so I think that it's either intentional or a bug.

Anyway, I'm going to flash one of the MAR 21 ROMs. Maybe that will fare better. Like I said already, it's a great ROM concept, but the crashes are a bit too much, too often.

Okay, think I got it. XTra stays on but, it wont try to keep downloading any data, since those registry tweaks are enabled. XTra just staying on, will not affect battery life or anything else.

Anyways, did some testing, XTra server can be completed disabled using the following registry key - HKLM - Software - Samsung - RIL - GPS - XTRA. Set Enable to 0, UseSNTP to 0.

What are the crashes you mentioning? I have been using NRG Roms for very long now, but never really had a problem of crashes. Let me know what action makes the crash happen. Maybe together we can find a solution.

Edited by francis_fds

Guest meabigbaldguy
Okay, think I got it. XTra stays on but, it wont try to keep downloading any data, since those registry tweaks are enabled. XTra just staying on, will not affect battery life or anything else.

Anyways, did some testing, XTra server can be completed disabled using the following registry key - HKLM - Software - Samsung - RIL - GPS - XTRA. Set Enable to 0, UseSNTP to 0.

What are the crashes you mentioning? I have been using NRG Roms for very long now, but never really had a problem of crashes. Let me know what action makes the crash happen. Maybe together we can find a solution.

Some apps like my Navigation app, can bottleneck the system. Sometimes, it will just freeze the PDA and require a restart of the device. Sense will also relaunch itself, although I really haven't figured out why. CHT editor has a tendency to error out when making edits, which also requires a reboot before it will work again.

Heck, it took three flash attempts to get this one working right. First time, some of the HTC windows were really pixelated. Second attempt, the dialer was completely disabled.

Anyway, I'm not complaining because I've flashed and used enough custom ROMs to know that not a single one is going to be perfect.

Guest francis_fds
Some apps like my Navigation app, can bottleneck the system. Sometimes, it will just freeze the PDA and require a restart of the device. Sense will also relaunch itself, although I really haven't figured out why. CHT editor has a tendency to error out when making edits, which also requires a reboot before it will work again.

Heck, it took three flash attempts to get this one working right. First time, some of the HTC windows were really pixelated. Second attempt, the dialer was completely disabled.

Anyway, I'm not complaining because I've flashed and used enough custom ROMs to know that not a single one is going to be perfect.

Well, the Navigation app might be crashing due to low RAM, since the sense interface does use up too much RAM. Have you tried using "Start Menu Layout Switch", to enable more free RAM. Also, try using CleanRAM, scheduling it to release RAM at regulara intervals.

In terms of CHTEditor, have realised, that before using it, its best to disable sense from the today screen. Post making changes, renable sense for the changes to be effected. Also, once you make necessary changes, try exporting the configuration, so that next time you can simply import the configuration file.

Guest francis_fds
Thanks to NRGZ28 for his latest March 21 roms.

One suggestion.

Hope that for future roms he can rearrange the default Home Layout icons (on the bottom row) such that the Settings icon is right at the top so as to make it more easily accessible for us to Personalize and customize the Tabs.

TIA

Hi Jerry,

Since you are using the default layout, it is very simple to achieve what you want. Simply hold the "Settings" icon and then drag it up to replace the first icon.

Francis

Guest coffeeguy

I have just finished installing original Energy ROM on my Omnia II, and it is so fast and smooth! Wow!

I have a few problems that I cannot figure out myself:

-How do you put the start button on the lower left corner since mine is now on the default top left? Actually my whole bottom section is not like the one in the "preview "section on the Energy site.

-I really like the HTC chat-like sms application, (when I tap on the message to reply), but when I go thru Action>SMS it opens the default Samsung app. Can somehow HTC aplication be set as a default? Also, it wont capitalize the first letter in the sentence, which is rather annoying. I have checked in the settings for the All settings>Personal>Input>Options, and the "Caapitalize the first letter of the sentence" is cheked.. Samsung SMS app is doing it as it should but this one refuses cooperation...

Thanks!

Guest longsin

i install Energy[1].OMNIA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Mar.21.7z

when i open start-->tools-->file explorer---send, i cannot to bluetooth?

who do this? it should go to start menu , messaging , bluetooth?

Edited by longsin