I8000NXXJG2 LITE 20100902, JH2 LITE 20100906

Guest twu2

your original post.

the answer from skoda60

the answer from me.

you started accusing both of us lying about the truth and not able to stick with the subject.

my explaination.

no one has asked which keyboard uses less resource, including yourself.

my answer to your "resource" question and try to lead you back to the original subject.

you asked a simple question about the possibility to have a ROM without keyboard (master twu2's lite ROM contains only 1 keyboard which is samsung's), and you got same answers from skoda60 and me which i believe that skoda60 cooks ROMs too. but you accused both of us not telling the truth. then started talking about wm default keyboard and the choice of keyboards of other cooks. are you trying to tell everybody here that sinan and shark are the best cooks around or you are trying to tell everyone here that master twu2, skoda60 and me are lying?

i get what you were talking about, but do you?

Neither. I can't understand why would you interprete that way. Look at master twu2's reply which is much more proffessional. Did he think I accused him as a liar? NO!!!

If you look at Sinan and shark's rom, they are trying to get the most RAM, that is my goal too. I guess that little tiny keyboard may play a bit role to save the resources, I maybe wrong. Each ROM has it's advantages, can't say one is better than the other or which cooker is better because they have different approaches. Can't compare oranges with apples. It's funny that lead you to comment that "I think" sinan and sharks are better cookers.

Personally, I like master twu2's ROM the most simply because he romoved most of the SAMSUNG stuff and at the same time provided all cabs so that people can have choices.

I think it's pointless to continue this debat because master twu2 already provided appropriate answer. You take care.

Neither. I can't understand why would you interprete that way. Look at master twu2's reply which is much more proffessional. Did he think I accused him as a liar? NO!!!

If you look at Sinan and shark's rom, they are trying to get the most RAM, that is my goal too. I guess that little tiny keyboard may play a bit role to save the resources, I maybe wrong. Each ROM has it's advantages, can't say one is better than the other or which cooker is better because they have different approaches. Can't compare oranges with apples. It's funny that lead you to comment that "I think" sinan and sharks are better cookers.

Personally, I like master twu2's ROM the most simply because he romoved most of the SAMSUNG stuff and at the same time provided all cabs so that people can have choices.

I think it's pointless to continue this debat because master twu2 already provided appropriate answer. You take care.

it is pointless to continue this debate if you can not focus on your subject. how'd you lead a "without keybaord the ROM won't boot" discussion into what keyboard other cooks got in their ROMs or which keyboard uses the least resource? and if you don't want people to misunderstand you or "interprete the way you don't understand", ask the right question and better not to use "that's not true" as the start of your reply.

focus on the subject and start a new post for your comments/opinions.

Guest sh.a.rk

One of my older rom I'am created without keyboard. System boot normaly. Instaled apps workng . In this rom any cab file d'ont install :P

Edited by sh.a.rk

Guest wint3rmute

Thanks for this, it's exactly what I want / need. Basically able to pick and choose what apps you need... I run with 90mb free ram with nothing open and still have all the Samsung apps I like. I really don't know what the hell Samsung is doing to their ROMs, but maybe they should take a look at this :P Great work.

Quick question, I can't for the life of me find the SMS / MMS program. Am I missing something? And do people use alternatives? I really like the SMS threading (although its based on the send time of the SMS on the other person's device as well... which is stupid).

Again, a wonderful build, and thanks.

Quick question, I can't for the life of me find the SMS / MMS program. Am I missing something? And do people use alternatives? I really like the SMS threading (although its based on the send time of the SMS on the other person's device as well... which is stupid).

Again, a wonderful build, and thanks.

Hello. Go to the Windows directory. If you are using File Explorer, select option to show all files. Scroll down to SMS-MMS.exe. If you want to show it in the start menu, highlight and hold down on the file until the menu pops up and select send short cut to Programs Folder.

And BTW, it is a wonderful ROM :P I feel it is more responsive than any other ROM I have tried thus far. And that is just about everyone on this forum.

Guest wint3rmute
Hello. Go to the Windows directory. If you are using File Explorer, select option to show all files. Scroll down to SMS-MMS.exe. If you want to show it in the start menu, highlight and hold down on the file until the menu pops up and select send short cut to Programs Folder.

And BTW, it is a wonderful ROM :P I feel it is more responsive than any other ROM I have tried thus far. And that is just about everyone on this forum.

Legendary. Didn't have an option to send to programs, just copied and then pasted shortcut. Same thing.

Have everything set up perfectly... Thanks!

Guest kimitza

master twu2, i just flashed your jg2 lite, since i've heard the jh2 has some battery draining issue.anyway, after changing the PP to 6,b, it's great. i have 108 mb ram free. with your permission, i'll upload the 6 mb PP and 8 mb PP versions.

http://www.girlshare.ro/1562905.3 - JG2 Lite with 6mb PP . 346 mb rom free and 108 mb ram free. Works great with spb mobile shell 3.5.5 and Mobile Sense installed

http://www.girlshare.ro/1562926.2 - JG2 Lite with 8 mb PP - 346 mb rom free and about 106 mb ram free. Same as the version above.

I have the JH2 eboot with JG4 PRO csc and JF1 phone.bin.

After installing all my apps and games(and they are quite many) i still have 90 mb ram free. With MS 3.5.5 and Mobile sense. I strongly recommend the 6mb PP if you don't use Sense or touch flo

Edited by kimitza

Guest rom_omnia2
master twu2, i just flashed your jg2 lite, since i've heard the jh2 has some battery draining issue.anyway, after changing the PP to 6,b, it's great. i have 108 mb ram free. with your permission, i'll upload the 6 mb PP and 8 mb PP versions.

http://www.girlshare.ro/1562905.3 - JG2 Lite with 6mb PP . 346 mb rom free and 108 mb ram free. Works great with spb mobile shell 3.5.5 and Mobile Sense installed

http://www.girlshare.ro/1562926.2 - JG2 Lite with 8 mb PP - 346 mb rom free and about 106 mb ram free. Same as the version above.

I have the JH2 eboot with JG4 PRO csc and JF1 phone.bin.

After installing all my apps and games(and they are quite many) i still have 90 mb ram free. With MS 3.5.5 and Mobile sense. I strongly recommend the 6mb PP if you don't use Sense or touch flo

Hey brother, thanks for share ....

Could you upload the script that u used to change the pp of this JH2 rom? Or u did it with other tool?

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Thanks a lot for the ROM!

This is how the phone should have been delivered, bare bones installation and the option to install what you like.

Perfect!

//Gunnar

Guest kimitza
Hey brother, thanks for share ....

Could you upload the script that u used to change the pp of this JH2 rom? Or u did it with other tool?

It's easy my friend. Use wes58 rom tool. Shadowangel made a very explicit tutorial(with pictures) how to change the pagepool.

Anyway, here is the I8000NXXJH2 lite with 8mb PP

And the version with 6mb PP here

Here are all cabs for JH2, one archive.

and here are all cabs for JG2, one archive

Edited by kimitza

Guest kimitza
Hi twu2,

Can you share what version of CSC and phone you are using?

Thanks

read the first post more carefully. master twu2 already posted a download link for his uk customized csc.

Guest sgmem88
read the first post more carefully. master twu2 already posted a download link for his uk customized csc.

Thanks. I know CSC and phone part normally come with PDA.

I think I should correct my qns, "what is the version of CSC and phone you are using?"

But it is common ppl use new PDA with continue use other version of CSC or phone.

Hence I ask this question :P

Edited by sgmem88

Guest Ragnarkov

Sorry if this sounds dumb.

I installed the rom, worked great. But I tried the fmradio cab, and 'nothing'. Won't scan, won't do anything. any other rom I install with a pre-installed radio cab works just fine. Is there a chance the cab isn't compatible? Or could it be something else on my phone that I'm not taking into account?

Sorry if this sounds dumb.

I installed the rom, worked great. But I tried the fmradio cab, and 'nothing'. Won't scan, won't do anything. any other rom I install with a pre-installed radio cab works just fine. Is there a chance the cab isn't compatible? Or could it be something else on my phone that I'm not taking into account?

do you try reboot you device after install the fmradio cab?

will you continue to cook Chinese 6.5 Rom? it seems that I8000HZHJC2 as at 2010/04/02 is the last ver.

because the last Traditional Chinese rom is JC2.... no any new rom....

Guest tropolite

twu2...

Thanks for a great lite H2 ROM. Normally I only use the full version releases but thought I'd try out yours... very smooth and responsive.

I have email connected to our Exchange servers and hadn't had an issue with it but I wonder what component do I need to install to regain a better looking keypad (at the moment the one available is very bland). I've also noticed that there are times that I get prompted twice for the security code which hasn't happened before. Do you, or anyone else have a solution for this?

Again thanks for a great ROM and appreciate your work twu2

(for diagnostic purposes, I used the eboot, phone and csc from the full version of EEH2 when flashing my phone).

Cheers

Guest wakakakaka

thx twu2, LOVING YR ROM~

twu2...

Thanks for a great lite H2 ROM. Normally I only use the full version releases but thought I'd try out yours... very smooth and responsive.

I have email connected to our Exchange servers and hadn't had an issue with it but I wonder what component do I need to install to regain a better looking keypad (at the moment the one available is very bland). I've also noticed that there are times that I get prompted twice for the security code which hasn't happened before. Do you, or anyone else have a solution for this?

Again thanks for a great ROM and appreciate your work twu2

(for diagnostic purposes, I used the eboot, phone and csc from the full version of EEH2 when flashing my phone).

Cheers

for the keypad, do u mean the dialer?

if you want a better keypad, u can always install back the samsung dialer in the cab package. Of course, u can always choose 3rd party software like the iDialer or HTC dialer, to name a few

as for the security code thing, i presume it pops up after sliding the unlock screen? try going to Settings --> Lock --> in the "password" section, uncheck "prompt if phone unused for" --> then select ok

hope it helps~

p.s. first time helping out others in here, hope i haven't led u the wrong way :P

Edited by wakakakaka

Guest tropolite
...for the keypad, do u mean the dialer?

if you want a better keypad, u can always install back the samsung dialer in the cab package. Of course, u can always choose 3rd party software like the iDialer or HTC dialer, to name a few

as for the security code thing, i presume it pops up after sliding the unlock screen? try going to Settings --> Lock --> in the "password" section, uncheck "prompt if phone unused for" --> then select ok

hope it helps~

p.s. first time helping out others in here, hope i haven't led u the wrong way :)

Thanx wakakakakakaka (do I stop now?) :P

Appreciate your help, although I don't believe it has to do with the dialer. It is specifically for the simple pin code for Exchange syncing. I'll live with it for the time being.

I have confirmed over the last few days of using (or more to the point, not using) the phone that version H2 does seem to have a problem with battery life.

In the next week or so I'll rebuild using the G2 build and give that a shot.