MCR r22 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest WorLord668
the charging led does not work for me as well, and i`ve completely wiped the whole thing.

Same here.

I also had the black screen after latitude issue until I wiped, so I'd DEFINITELY recommend wiping the phone before installing this ROM.

Having said that: nothing so wrong with this ROM that I'd want to be rid of it. I like it quite a lot, actually.

This topic is for the WIP (work in progress) r22 release of my Nexus One ROM.

WIP ROMs are updated very frequently and as such are only available in the online kitchen until such time as they are considered 'complete' and prebakes are prepared.

The latest general release version, r21, is available in this topic.

See the changelog in post 3 for changes since r21.

P

謝謝你的愛

MS Exchange keeps crashing at configuration. Works perfectly with R21 but this one keeps giving me trouble. Tried configuring several times and even wiping and re-flashing but same problem.

Had to revert to r21 to be able to sync contacts, mail and calendar.

Having same issue. Also led charging problem.

Thanks for all Paul.

Guest jmarinco

Hello.

How do I know if the A2SD+ is working?

I have a SD with 13GB in the primary partition FAT32 and another primary EXT3 partition of 1GB.

If I go to "settings->SD card & phone storage settings" in the section of "Internal phone storage" It shows only 192MB of Available space.

Thanks.

Guest Stea1thmode
Hello.

How do I know if the A2SD+ is working?

I have a SD with 13GB in the primary partition FAT32 and another primary EXT3 partition of 1GB.

If I go to "settings->SD card & phone storage settings" in the section of "Internal phone storage" It shows only 192MB of Available space.

Thanks.

Try installing Quick System Info Pro from market.

192MB seems about right...

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest WorLord668
The strange thing is, I flashed a different ROM, and the charging LED still didn't work!

I had to reflash the full FRG33 stock package to get it working again...

P

That IS weird. I installed your r24 Desire ROM (With wipe) and the light worked again first time.

I'm restoring my backup of this one, though... Desire used up way too much internal space for me. Sure was pretty, though. I enjoyed it.

Guest Indeever
I had a similar problem to the one groetting had when I first flashed, black screen on startup with the google location request and no service afterwards. I didn't do a complete wipe but clearing the cache and dalvik-cache allowed me to start up normally again. Still had all my programs installed but had lost my google account settings and home setup.

I had the same issue, but following your instruction solved it for me as well. I also had to re-design my home screen.

testing now the rest of the new build

Guest gofizzle

Hi Paul,

Just downloaded your r22 ROM. Let me say thank you for the work on the ROM, it's running perfect. I am glad I finally tested one of your builds.

gofizzle

Edited by gofizzle

After a week with this ROM, I noticed that battery life all through the week was really.. weak. "Android OS" always taking up a huge chunk of battery life, unlike in r21/cyanogen/etc. 100% at 1h am, 62% at 8h30 am when I woke up. Not good.

Reverted to r21 to compare (btw: charge LED came back when I reverted to r21!).

It's possible my battery stats need wiping and/or calibration is needed. we'll see.

sns

Guest breedingh8
Changelog

03/Sep 18:15 BST

• Initial Post
  • Based on FRG33 release, optimised
  • Added ChainsDD's superuser
  • Added terminfo
  • Added busybox
  • Updated third party apps (Facebook, Twitter, Amazon etc.)
  • Added optional Gmail 2.2.1

How longs it normally take after your go premium, I still see sorry this is for premium users only!

thanks!

Guest groetting
After a week with this ROM, I noticed that battery life all through the week was really.. weak. "Android OS" always taking up a huge chunk of battery life, unlike in r21/cyanogen/etc. 100% at 1h am, 62% at 8h30 am when I woke up. Not good.

Reverted to r21 to compare (btw: charge LED came back when I reverted to r21!).

It's possible my battery stats need wiping and/or calibration is needed. we'll see.

sns

This is the complete opposite of what I am experiencing, I have never had this good battery life. After beeing unlugged for nearly 20 hours, the reading is:

Percentage left 41%

Display 41%

wI-FI 12%

phone idle 12%

cell standby 9%

Android System 5%

Voice Calls 4%

World War 3%

Browser 2%

Spotify 2%

Anroid OS 2%

Bluetooth 2%

Edited by groetting

This is the complete opposite of what I am experiencing, I have never had this good battery life. After beeing unlugged for nearly 20 hours, the reading is:

Percentage left 41%

Display 41%

wI-FI 12%

phone idle 12%

cell standby 9%

Android System 5%

Voice Calls 4%

World War 3%

Browser 2%

Spotify 2%

Anroid OS 2%

Bluetooth 2%

That's the kind of readings I've been getting on r21 since I downgraded.

If there's one thing I learned from flashing ROMs dozens of times, my own experience and reading others' experiences, is that battery life is very specific to a million things so that everyone gets different results.. Oh well.

FRF91 is good enough for now :lol:

Hi, Since updating from r21 to r22 my charging LED hasn't been on.

Anybody else experience the same issue?

If not I will try wipe and reflash.

Just trying to isolate the problem.

Guest breedingh8
i found i little issue

the charging led seems to not work with this rom, but the device is charging.. so it doesnt matter :) but still one little issue

I'm using that one paul posted awhile back, update-nexusone-FRG33-rooted-deodex-busybox-ta-fingerprint-radio-signed.zip same issue no charing light, I like it :lol:

annoying seeing that light :(

has anyone managed to install the new gmail app? Mine fails when installing.

+1 here, but I'd put it down to mystery network problems so far as my coverage has been rubbish the past couple of days - I think there's a local cell out... however I read somewhere* the other day that google have uncoupled gmail development from android and you've helped me put two and two together and conclude it might be a rom issue and not o2's fault....

*can't remember where, sorry

Edited by lazy75