MCR r22 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RaphaelSavina
Also, that's not unusual...

Free / empty RAM = wasted RAM. :P

P

Indeed!

Any chance of getting the FM radio (as per Cyanogen) for MCR2.3?

Would like to have it without installing the all Desire/HTC Sense...

I just installed one of the kitchen-baked ROM's and everything seemed to go fine. I did the normal reboot into recovery, nandroid, wipe cache, install. The phone came back up, however I noticed that it said "no service" before I unlocked the screen. When I unlock the screen I get a Google prompt asking me if I agree to share my location, I hit agree and then the screen just goes black. I assume this is because the phone is stuck in a No Service mode and doesn't have a data connection. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like to avoid doing a complete wipe/factory reset.

Guest houstonblaney1

MCR r22 is working great so far. I did have one hiccup though. I noticed that Flash content wasn't loading, so I went to Settings > Applications and found at for some strange reason that Flash was listed as being 54KB in size. I knew that wasn't right, and since I couldn't uninstalled Flash through Settings, I found a Flash APK on the web and installed it (as an "upgrade"). After installing that, the Market then prompted me to update Flash to the most recent version.

Definitely strange though. Application size was listed as just 54KB.

Other than that (a small glitch really), I say top notch work P. Fantastic as always. Much obliged!

Edited by houstonblaney1

I just installed one of the kitchen-baked ROM's and everything seemed to go fine. I did the normal reboot into recovery, nandroid, wipe cache, install. The phone came back up, however I noticed that it said "no service" before I unlocked the screen. When I unlock the screen I get a Google prompt asking me if I agree to share my location, I hit agree and then the screen just goes black. I assume this is because the phone is stuck in a No Service mode and doesn't have a data connection. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like to avoid doing a complete wipe/factory reset.

I had exactly the same problem.

Baked ROM through the kitchen, included the new radio. Nandroid backup. Wipe Cache and installed. Booted to ask for agree location then black screen with only top menu bar visible showing no reception. I went back to delete the both caches, booted same problem. Did a complete wipe, installed the same ROM with radio, again same problem, started to sweat. Baked another ROM without the Radio, installed perfectly. The phone has the new radio, probably from the first ROM flash and is running r22.

Use WaveSecure to backup and restore SMS and Titanium for App and and app data, if you don't already.

I had exactly the same problem.

Baked ROM through the kitchen, included the new radio. Nandroid backup. Wipe Cache and installed. Booted to ask for agree location then black screen with only top menu bar visible showing no reception. I went back to delete the both caches, booted same problem. Did a complete wipe, installed the same ROM with radio, again same problem, started to sweat. Baked another ROM without the Radio, installed perfectly. The phone has the new radio, probably from the first ROM flash and is running r22.

Use WaveSecure to backup and restore SMS and Titanium for App and and app data, if you don't already.

That's what I ended up doing as well. Thanks for replying though, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest common stop

i updrade my n1 from r21 to r22.

my simplified chinese input can't work well. and Touch input can only output Traditional chinese, even though i set set the language as chinese( simplified ).

Guest Panther Spawn

Which rom is better for the n1? I've had the previous desire rom and have been running r21. I can't decide which update to install. Any suggestions on what to run?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Regunus

Hey everyone. I baked a rom 2 days ago and I included the Apps2SD+ option.

I flashed it using ClockworkMod Recovery but before doing that I created the 2 partitions according to the instructions. First a Fat32 ( 7GB size ) and then an ext3 ( 1GB size ).

After flashing and booting I installed the Memory Status app. Then I started downloading the apps I wanted from the market.

I noticed that the free space on internal memory was decreasing when I installed every app so I'm guessing that the Apps2sd+ doesn't work.

Should I do something first (run a script or something) before I could make full use of Apps2SD? How am I going to know that the Apps2SD works?

thanks in advance.

Guest superwario

Hey guys,

How can I add a battery percentage to the status bar with this ROM version? Been searching everywhere and couldnt find any compatible with this.

Thanks!