Verizon releasing new update

Guest tyrelsackett

Guest xlightwaverx

OMG this is really happening whoooa!

X

my guess would be upgrade only. However you can flash my v1 rom and then flash to DC23.

BTW this new version will help you "Jump Higher, Punch Harder, Liver Forever!"

Guest amdzero
Hmmm. It is putting me into Emergency Upgrade mode. Comforting that there is one, but not so comforting to need it.

Yeah I'm doing a file by file comparison to see EXACTLY what files have been altered, but so far it still looks like the same ole crapware with VZW plastered ALL OVER IT!

Stay Tuned

Yeah I'm doing a file by file comparison to see EXACTLY what files have been altered, but so far it still looks like the same ole crapware with VZW plastered ALL OVER IT!

Stay Tuned

I believe it.

On the way home now. Hoping to hear something back so I know whether to waste my time flashing, re-flashing, then re-loading. I figure they released an update for SOME reason...

Guest amdzero

Here is my synopsis...

This is what I think has been changed:

Updated cityid with better/more city area code IDs (I don't use this program)

DLNA has been updated (if you use DLNA for connecting media devices to, say TVs)

Facebook has been updated (who cares)

A new Font has been put in place of oldschool Tahoma (yay!)

Rotation Support has been updated (not sure how tho)

Settings now have an extra check box to make them MORE annoying (like check here to remember these settings)

Visual Voice Mail has been updated (Yet Another program I don't use/pay for)

Widgets has been updated (its free but I don't use it either)

Other minor tweaks to speakers, headset, light sensor, usb

One thing that is nice to note, is that they have altered the video chip drivers.  Not sure if this gives us more perfromance, would have to benchmark it or something.

These are the OEM files that absolutely HAVE been changed:

OEMApps\

38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.rgu

AddIn.exe

alertbubble.exe

BPPctm.dll

cityid_.006

cityid_.007

cityid_.008

cityid_.009

cityid_.010

dlnaaddin.swf

DMC.exe

DMCBackground.jpg

facebook.exe

facebook.exe.0409.mui

FacebookGraphics.dll

fbservice.dll

FTestLineMode.exe

MiniPIE.exe

NexCAL.dll

NexCodecWrapper.dll

NexPlayerDLNA.exe

PhoneSetting.exe

RotationSupport.exe

SamsungGothic.ttf				(New DG21 FIle)

SamsungMediaServer.exe

SAviSrcDsf.dll

setting_a.exe

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Controls.Slider.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Controls.Transparent.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Notification.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Titanium.dll

Version.exe

VersionID.txt

VVM.exe

VVM.resources.dll

VVMStart.exe

WidgetManager.exe

WidgetPlus.dll

WidgetPlus.swf

OEM_Lang_0409\

mxip_initdb.vol

OEMDrivers\

atcmdint.dll

BTAGExtModule.dll

bthbcsp.dll

bthpower.dll

camera_MEGA_US.dll

GPSID.dll

oemgpsone.dll

rndisfn.dll

s3c6400_usbfn.dll

S3C6410_DISP.dll

s3c6410_Video.dll

sdbus.dll

sdmemory.dll

serial.dll

serialusbfn.dll

SWLDM20_oc.dll

usbd.dll

usbmsfn.dll

debugDump.exe

Mits_SMS_Providers.dll

rcd.dll

rilcdma.dll

srilTimeDll.dll

OEMDriversHigh\

MicroUSB.dll

mmi.dll

movifatutil.dll

S3c6400_keypad_US.dll

wavedev.dll

headset.dll

LightSensor.dll

s3c6400_mfc.dll

Speakerphone.dll

SV.dat

OEMMISC\

shellcelog.dll

Guest xlightwaverx

I smell WinMerge :P

So this --> http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/down...21_V1.0.2.1.exe is flashable or do I need to change my MIT Drivers?

X

Here is my synopsis...

This is what I think has been changed:

Updated cityid with better/more city area code IDs (I don't use this program)

DLNA has been updated (if you use DLNA for connecting media devices to, say TVs)

Facebook has been updated (who cares)

A new Font has been put in place of oldschool Tahoma (yay!)

Rotation Support has been updated (not sure how tho)

Settings now have an extra check box to make them MORE annoying (like check here to remember these settings)

Visual Voice Mail has been updated (Yet Another program I don't use/pay for)

Widgets has been updated (its free but I don't use it either)

Other minor tweaks to speakers, headset, light sensor, usb

One thing that is nice to note, is that they have altered the video chip drivers.  Not sure if this gives us more perfromance, would have to benchmark it or something.

These are the OEM files that absolutely HAVE been changed:

OEMApps\

38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.rgu

AddIn.exe

alertbubble.exe

BPPctm.dll

cityid_.006

cityid_.007

cityid_.008

cityid_.009

cityid_.010

dlnaaddin.swf

DMC.exe

DMCBackground.jpg

facebook.exe

facebook.exe.0409.mui

FacebookGraphics.dll

fbservice.dll

FTestLineMode.exe

MiniPIE.exe

NexCAL.dll

NexCodecWrapper.dll

NexPlayerDLNA.exe

PhoneSetting.exe

RotationSupport.exe

SamsungGothic.ttf				(New DG21 FIle)

SamsungMediaServer.exe

SAviSrcDsf.dll

setting_a.exe

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Controls.Slider.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Controls.Transparent.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Notification.dll

Verizon.WindowsMobile.Titanium.dll

Version.exe

VersionID.txt

VVM.exe

VVM.resources.dll

VVMStart.exe

WidgetManager.exe

WidgetPlus.dll

WidgetPlus.swf

OEM_Lang_0409\

mxip_initdb.vol

OEMDrivers\

atcmdint.dll

BTAGExtModule.dll

bthbcsp.dll

bthpower.dll

camera_MEGA_US.dll

GPSID.dll

oemgpsone.dll

rndisfn.dll

s3c6400_usbfn.dll

S3C6410_DISP.dll

s3c6410_Video.dll

sdbus.dll

sdmemory.dll

serial.dll

serialusbfn.dll

SWLDM20_oc.dll

usbd.dll

usbmsfn.dll

debugDump.exe

Mits_SMS_Providers.dll

rcd.dll

rilcdma.dll

srilTimeDll.dll

OEMDriversHigh\

MicroUSB.dll

mmi.dll

movifatutil.dll

S3c6400_keypad_US.dll

wavedev.dll

headset.dll

LightSensor.dll

s3c6400_mfc.dll

Speakerphone.dll

SV.dat

OEMMISC\

shellcelog.dll

Guest amdzero
Is it really necessary to quote such a long post? Really...

Backing up my stuff now. I'll post back post-flash.

remove your storage card (just in case) BACK UP YOUR MY STORAGE! and you have to use the original mit drivers not the OCTANS one.

Flash went fine. I'd say it feels marginally smoother. There does appear to be a bit more free ram. With touchwiz and widgetplus on, I still had 75 MB free. So that's a potential positive. There's still crap for main storage, 104 MB free, but that was to be expected. Definitely back up My Storage as this will delete it.

I'm having to readjust to standard 6.5. I keep trying to x out at the bottom right...

AMDZero can probably better quantify any changes.

Time to get some custom roms on here...

Guest Fogfire

I love that it only works on 32bit Windows. My kids pink computer has 64 bit Windows 7. What would some one do if they had one computer with 64 bit Win 7? Many home and buisness machines are shipping this way. Samsung.. time to send your devs to 64bit school!! :P

Guest urphonesux

on mine had a issue with the phone not being recognized, it was easily fixed by leaving the cable connected but power cycling the phone.

why is the default STILL opera 9.5?

that default home page is pretty slick tho

Edited by urphonesux

Guest T DAWGv12
Hmmm maybe I will try it too.. instructions say 32bit. Maybe boiler plate from older update.

Your windows 7 x64 machine will natively run 32bit applications as if it were a 32bit OS. You will have no problem flashing on win 7 x64. Yes I use win 7 x64 and no problems flashing the samsung updates.

Guest the sandman

need help with the update. i get to the part where i plug my phone in and turn off "allow usb connection" with windows device center and when i have to restart my phone it gets stuck on the black screen where it says Samsung Omnia II. tried it twice so far and i dont know why its doing that

and when i try to manually soft reset my phone the update tool goes (Not responding)

Edited by the sandman

Guest xlightwaverx

Try removing the MIT drivers from the system. I uninstalled the CMDA drivers as well, and let Windows handle it from there. Once I rebooted, without the flashing drivers, the update commenced. Don't worry, I'm releasing a DG21 Stock Working Kitchen here in about 10 minutes that has all the required drivers, and stock kitchen, even Octans 2.14.

We all have a brand new starting point.

X

need help with the update. i get to the part where i plug my phone in and turn off "allow usb connection" with windows device center and when i have to restart my phone it gets stuck on the black screen where it says Samsung Omnia II. tried it twice so far and i dont know why its doing that

and when i try to manually soft reset my phone the update tool goes (Not responding)

Guest the sandman
Try removing the MIT drivers from the system. I uninstalled the CMDA drivers as well, and let Windows handle it from there. Once I rebooted, without the flashing drivers, the update commenced. Don't worry, I'm releasing a DG21 Stock Working Kitchen here in about 10 minutes that has all the required drivers, and stock kitchen, even Octans 2.14.

We all have a brand new starting point.

X

thanks for the reply. how do i remove MIT drivers and CDMA drivers? im unfamiliar with this\

also my battery isnt at 100% its at 39%. does that make a difference?

Edited by the sandman

I didn't restart my phone when it said "restart phone". It restarted itself after I turned off "allow USB connections". I wondered if I was suppose to restart it, or if it was just a notification as the the progress, but I decided to just let it run and it restarted by itself a couple times then updated just fine.

I see improvement in the speed when using the samsung widgetplus homescreen when scrolling through the screens. I have installed all my stock stuff including Microsoft Voice Command plus a bunch of other stuff and I show 81.13 storage and 66.26 ram. That's a huge improvement. I also noticed that there are more widgets in the widget store, however when I try to download them, they all fail and say "try again later". Maybe the server is super busy tonight.

The Windows default screen is pretty much as it was.

Good luck!

Guest xlightwaverx

From what I remember, I plugged the phone into USB while in Device Manager. I waited for the Mobile Device section to pop up, right clicked the phone (only shows for a second or two), then chose uninstall device driver. Restarted. Followed the instructions on the update. Reinstalled drivers after update so I can flash again.

X

thanks for the reply. how do i remove MIT drivers and CDMA drivers? im unfamiliar with this\

also my battery isnt at 100% its at 39%. does that make a difference?