Verizon releasing new update

Guest tyrelsackett

I am sure that I am missing it somewhere but I have done a lot of searching with no luck so I will ask here...I currently have a rom of ninja's loaded on my phone but want to try out the new update from verizon...how do I install it? I downloaded but it seems that activesync does not work with my phone ><.

Guest xlightwaverx

Try removing the drivers?

The MIT Drivers that is?

X

I am sure that I am missing it somewhere but I have done a lot of searching with no luck so I will ask here...I currently have a rom of ninja's loaded on my phone but want to try out the new update from verizon...how do I install it? I downloaded but it seems that activesync does not work with my phone ><.

Well, I was so unhappy about the widget situation that I ordered an LG Ally to see if I would like Android. (I got it free, so no reason not to). Here's the irony. I'm lovin' the Ally and all the cool apps you can get from the "Market". Then I get an OTA system update and install the update. Guess what? Some of the Android widgets are now broken! They have not been able to get it resolved either. So for those of you who might be thinking the grass is greener in the Android pasture..... Meanwhile, I'm thinking about giving up widgets. Is there a twelve step program for that? :lol:

Looks like it. If you want to download it anyways, check the link in my sig. It seems the only defective part is the widget store, so if you don't use that, go ahead. Wow, it's not showing up in my sig. Here's the link.

Edited by Snow02

Looks like it. If you want to download it anyways, check the link in my sig. It seems the only defective part is the widget store, so if you don't use that, go ahead. Wow, it's not showing up in my sig. Here's the link.

Here's the fix for the DG21 broken Widgets straight from Samsung Tech dept.

i920_WidgetPlusUpdate.cab

Guest snave7

Finally Samsung released the ROM update SCH-i920_User_Upgrade_Tool_DG21_V1.0.2.3. I downloaded it this morning , but when I went back to download the instructions the download page was down. Im sure it's overloaded with download requests right now. Im guessing the only difference from 1.0.2.1 will be the widget fix.

Edited by snave7

Guest amdzero
Finally Samsung released the ROM update SCH-i920_User_Upgrade_Tool_DG21_V1.0.2.3. I downloaded it this morning , but when I went back to download the instructions the download page was down. Im sure it's overloaded with download requests right now. Im guessing the only difference from 1.0.2.1 will be the widget fix.

Well I guess I'll have to d/l this and see what has changed. I'll post the results when I get a change, right now with 50Mbps download speed its going to take a while.

Guest snave7
Well I guess I'll have to d/l this and see what has changed. I'll post the results when I get a change, right now with 50Mbps download speed its going to take a while.

Thanks amdzero, I was kinda hoping you would check it out. I won't bother updating if its just the widgets.

Guest amdzero

As far as the "version" its still 21906 just like DG21, but they did update the CSC to i920.DI16

I'll post back later with a more thorough report.

Update:

Well that was a waste of time, the DG21 update from September and the DG21 update from Today are IDENTICAL. bit for bit they are exactly the same (PDA wise).

They ONLY changed the CSC and I don't know why, but this seems to have fixed the widget problem. Again NO FILES were changed from the update last month, only the CSC portion of the rom.

I suggest only updating if you either DON'T have DG21 (September) or you want widgets to work and don't want to use a custom rom.

Edited by amdzero

Guest snave7
As far as the "version" its still 21906 just like DG21, but they did update the CSC to i920.DI16

Yeah, I was hoping Samsung rearranged the ROM exes to give us a little more ram. It seems like they could offload some of the non essential stuff to 8 gig storage. I guess i should look at some of the cooked roms if I want that kind of modification. I wait for your final report before I update. Thanks again.

I guess I will do the update so i don't have to worry about reinstalling the widget fix after a H/R.

Edited by snave7

Guest snave7

Update:

Well that was a waste of time, the DG21 update from September and the DG21 update from Today are IDENTICAL. bit for bit they are exactly the same (PDA wise).

They ONLY changed the CSC and I don't know why, but this seems to have fixed the widget problem. Again NO FILES were changed from the update last month, only the CSC portion of the rom.

I suggest only updating if you either DON'T have DG21 (September) or you want widgets to work and don't want to use a custom rom.

if I understand you right, why didn't the two files in the widget cab fix show up modified? Edited by snave7

Guest amdzero
if I understand you right, why didn't the two files in the widget cab fix show up modified?

That was my thinking. I guess they modified the CSC to provide the fix and left the older widget files instead. Either way they "fixed" it.

Guest xlightwaverx

Well, the greatest thing about this is that it is safe to say that Samsung Reps are actually reading these posts.

Sadly, if CSC rewrites can fix issues with the PDA portion of the ROM then we have not unlocked all of our potential with this phone yet considering we are SCARED to touch CSC.

if I understand you right, why didn't the two files in the widget cab fix show up modified?

Guest xlightwaverx

AND, how do we get it so we can pull CSC from the phones?

X

Well, the greatest thing about this is that it is safe to say that Samsung Reps are actually reading these posts.

Sadly, if CSC rewrites can fix issues with the PDA portion of the ROM then we have not unlocked all of our potential with this phone yet considering we are SCARED to touch CSC.

Guest lagrny

I tried installing the new update for the widget fix, but the upgrade tool says I have the latest software and it doesn't allow reinstallation. Anyone know a way around this?

Guest xlightwaverx

Uninstall the drivers... I believe. Don't take my word on it but I am pretty sure that is what you have to do. The MIT Drivers used for Octans.

I tried installing the new update for the widget fix, but the upgrade tool says I have the latest software and it doesn't allow reinstallation. Anyone know a way around this?

Guest Corki2

Maybe flashing back to a earlier ROM, then try to upgrade again. This worked for me when the upgrade first came out. I had contacted Verizon about the widgets and they told me to re-download the software (as thought that was the issue) and redo the upgrade. When I tried, I got the same message you did. I flashed back to the ROM I was using (Yardi4life) using Octans, then I was able to Upgrade to DG21 again.

Guest teege51
Could someone post a mirror of the latest update? I cannot get a good download from Samsung; it keeps saying it's complete at around 4mb.

Use the LINK from page 2 of this thread: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=323806

Unless you already installed THIS REVISION of the DG-21 upgrade, it WILL allow you to install it. ( I already had the "patch" installed and it still performed the upgrade.)

UNFORTUNATELY...the site is in asia somewhere running on a DOS server !! Took me 3 tries and over an hour to get the complete file because it times out due to intermittant connectivity.

INSTALLED USING THIS FOOLPROOF METHOD on (Win7 x64 system) :

1.) Back up your data from everything except the added storage card.

2.) Hard reset the phone.

3.) Open the Deivice Manager (Control Panel) and then connect the phone via USB. Uninstall the "SCH-i920" as it now shows up under Portable Devices... (this unloads the MIT drivers, which Win7 will prompt you to download and install after you upgrade and reconnect).

4.) RUN the Upgrade and follow the instructions. BEFORE PROCEEDING, you'll be prompted to open the WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE CENTER and UN-TICK "allow USB connections".... under the SETTINGS.

5.) You can now proceed with your upgrade....takes about 10 minutes.

cheers

Edited by teege51

Use the LINK from page 2 of this thread: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=323806

Unless you already installed THIS REVISION of the DG-21 upgrade, it WILL allow you to install it. ( I already had the "patch" installed and it still performed the upgrade.)

This is the link I've been trying to use. It has failed well over a dozen times. I get only partial downloads. I was hoping someone with the complete file could post an alternative download location. With a file this large maybe, hosting it as a torrent would be beneficial.

Guest teege51
This is the link I've been trying to use. It has failed well over a dozen times. I get only partial downloads. I was hoping someone with the complete file could post an alternative download location. With a file this large maybe, hosting it as a torrent would be beneficial.

HERE: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3c3728/n/SCH-i920_User_Upgrade_Tool_DG21_V1.0.2.3.exe ://http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3c...1_V1.0.2.3.exe