JPC - who's using it?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest adnan.htc.desire
Yeah, I have a version which ClockworkMod works on that i'll be releasing soon.

P

do you think to work on the e-mail bug, otherwise i didnt need to try this rom?

many thanks for the replay!

Guest DavidFrog

sorry for nood question but .... how to flash it ? and then get root ??

is it possible to go back easily to JM7 after if i want to go back Eclair ?

thanks

david

Yeah, I have a version which ClockworkMod works on that i'll be releasing soon.

P

Excellent Paul! Just received my i9000 today. What do you think of the JPC ROM yourself?

Guest ikamatos
sorry for nood question but .... how to flash it ? and then get root ??

is it possible to go back easily to JM7 after if i want to go back Eclair ?

thanks

david

Rooting the JPC rom isn't complex. The steps are very straightforward. Flash i9000_Kernel as PDA using ODIN with auto-reboot OFF. Pull battery after flashing. Flash the update.zip file from recovery. Pull battery after flashing. Flash I9000XXJPC_KERNEL as PDA using ODIN with auto-reboot on. Done. Whole process takes not 2 minutes.

Files and steps for rooting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769308

Wait for XDA to be up and running as their site seems to be down.

Guest Igniztion

I have horrendous lag problems with JPC, even more so than on stock rom. Something might have gone wrong in the flashing process though, cause none of the lagfixes work either.

I have horrendous lag problems with JPC, even more so than on stock rom. Something might have gone wrong in the flashing process though, cause none of the lagfixes work either.

The best way to have it running smoothly is to Wipe cache > Format internal sd > Wipe data

Mine really fast now

Oh man. You guys. Screw JPC. JM6 with Voodoo Lagfix is all you need. Granted it's still Eclair, but it's frickin' amazing. I flashed it last night and today is the first day I enjoyed my SGS. Fully. Incredibly smooth and fast.

Guest cosmic76

hi man, i love JPC, i use froyo rom from 15 days and i am very happy... installed with Odin....

It is very fast... i use doc's rom (from xda) with lagfix.apk, and patch for recovery....

i love froyo... and my sgs work very fine...

Guest sungshing
LAGS ALOT, ALSO HAD PROBLEMS WITH WIFI, IT WOULD NOT CONNECT, JUST SAYS OBTAINING IP ADDRESS AND THEN DISCONNECT

in the instance where wifi toggle button says its on but would not connect, from TouchWiz goto settings->Wi-fi Settings turn off and on ...WIFI will start working again...