Patch : BackLight on LockScreen

This patch requires a ROM already patched "NoCert" because, for the modified dll, the system seems not to accepts SDK certifications.

If everything works, the backlight should remain active for 7 seconds ( set by another dll ) --> simply touch the display to reactivate it ( after 7 seconds );

if you want that the backlight has the "Normal" BatteryTimeout, a registry change is needed :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel]

"LockLevel"=dword:ffffffff

This setting is lost at every softreset --> you can use a simple MortScript in StartUP :

RegWriteDWord( "HKCU","\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel","LockLevel",-1 )

If the dll will not be accepted by the system ( or something is wrong ) you can't wakeup the phone from the standby --> in that case you will need :

- restart ( removing battery );

- disable LockScreen;

- rename the patched dll (eg "-backlight.dll");

- softreset;

[ - delete the renamed dll ].

For those who want to try :

>>> Patched dll <<<

Let me know if everything is OK :P .

UPDATE

Thanks ( 1000 thanks ) to Yohng ( in post N°8 ), that has supplied a correct certificate,

the patch is now applicable to all ROM ( also without "NoCert" patch ).

Here is a cab containing the patch and the MortScript_script for StarUp ( the great MortScript is required :) ) :

>>> LS_BackLight_and_Script by sgoo <<<

1000 thanks to Yohng .

Edited by sgoo

PS:

I have wrote :

" ... the backlight should remain active for 7 seconds ( set by another dll ) "

I want to specify that this regards only the backlight timeout when the device is in lockscreen,

not the "normal" backlight timeout ( when the device is not in lockscreen ) that is not touched by this patch.

If 7 seconds of backlight timeout in lockscreen is good for you, it's sufficient replace the dll in "\Windows".

PPS:

I have patched also a dll of the "Samsung Today" to avoid that this force the processor power to "Auto"

( so I can have the Samsung Today + High Power Procesor ) and avoid that this deactive all other plugins

( so I can have simultaneously activated the Samsung Today + other plugins ) ...

... but this is an other story ...

Guest piotrwinmo
This patch requires a ROM already patched "NoCert" because, for the modified dll, the system seems not to accepts SDK certifications.

If everything works, the backlight should remain active for 7 seconds ( set by another dll ) --> simply touch the display to reactivate it ( after 7 seconds );

if you want that the backlight has the "Normal" BatteryTimeout, a registry change is needed :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel]

"LockLevel"=dword:ffffffff

This setting is lost at every softreset --> you can use a simple MortScript in StartUP :

RegWriteDWord( "HKCU","\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel","LockLevel",-1 )

If the dll will not be accepted by the system ( or something is wrong ) you can't wakeup the phone from the standby --> in that case you will need :

- restart ( removing battery );

- disable LockScreen;

- rename the patched dll (eg "-backlight.dll");

- softreset;

[ - delete the renamed dll ].

For those who want to try :

>>> Patched dll <<<

Let me know if everything is OK :P .

Is it possible to make installation for regular ROMs?

I mean, having JE3 ROM do I need flash custom ROM to apply your change?

... You need a cooked rom with the patch "NoCert" applied, that disables the certificates request :lol: .

Thanks a lot !

I modorate another french forum (see my signature) and many users ask for this fix !

Your "backLight fixed" work on any ROM, cooked or not, you just miss to install the corect SDCERT.

I've made a cab with your dll, the BDR key and the cert.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

SGOO_LS_BackLight.rar

Your "backLight fixed" work on any ROM, cooked or not, you just miss to install the corect SDCERT.

I've made a cab with your dll, the BDR key and the cert.

Really nice! Very useful.

I can not understand what you speak about this key on reboot ???

On my JH2 I do not need to do anything ?

... mmm ... that's very strange, now I am confused.

When I have made this patch ( 2 or 3 previous ROMs ) at every restart the registry key was resetted to "0".

Now this seems softreset/restart resistant . I think something is changed. It would be nice to see if the script

remains necessary for old ROMs. However I think it's always "Melius abundare quam deficere" :lol: .

Guest Freezy1982

Hey Guys,

I think I did something wrong - It doesn't work for me...

I installed the .cab from the first post and did a reboot. After this my backlight is always at maximum and lockscreen is disabled. Reenabling it isn't possible for me...

What to do?

PS: I'm trying it on an OmniaPro B7610 with a custom WM6.5 ROM - But it should work anyway, because it's not device dependent (I think)..

(MortScript is installed of course :lol: )

Hey Guys,

I think I did something wrong - It doesn't work for me...

I installed the .cab from the first post and did a reboot. After this my backlight is always at maximum and lockscreen is disabled. Reenabling it isn't possible for me...

What to do?

PS: I'm trying it on an OmniaPro B7610 with a custom WM6.5 ROM - But it should work anyway, because it's not device dependent (I think)..

(MortScript is installed of course :lol: )

If you give me your original backlight.dll, I can verify and try to patch that B) .

If you give me your original backlight.dll, I can verify and try to patch that :lol: .

same thing happend to me today. After I installed the patch I don*t have lock screen anymore. I uninstalled your patch but the lock option doesn work anymore. If you find any solution please post it.

Thank you!

Guest Freezy1982
same thing happend to me today. After I installed the patch I don*t have lock screen anymore. I uninstalled your patch but the lock option doesn work anymore. If you find any solution please post it.

Thank you!

Try to set a password.. That works for me.. You can disable it after used it once...