[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest Fogfire

Possible issues with SPB MS 3.5.5 and ZeroStock 1.2 DG21.

I have never had a problem with SPB MS 3.5.5

Besides loosing the theme control for setting colors. Two programs installed and the icon is just a generic place holder.

The icons show up in the WM Menu fine.

Programs are Skyfire and Netflix controller. Skyfire was installed from .CAB and Netflix direct from Marketplace.

I even think one ended up in main storage and one in my storage. Netflix appears to use an icon.png file and Skyfire does not.

I had Netflix installed under DG21 official with SPB MS 3.5.5 with no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and no icon in MS.

But I am also puting this out if someone knows how to t-shoot this. Is there and icon cache somplace etc.

Thanks

Guest amdzero

Besides loosing the theme control for setting colors. Two programs installed and the icon is just a generic place holder.

Programs are Skyfire and Netflix controller. Skyfire was installed from .CAB and Netflix direct from Marketplace.

I even think one ended up in main storage and one in my storage. Netflix appears to use an icon.png file and Skyfire does not.

I had Netflix installed under DG21 official with SPB MS 3.5.5 with no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and no icon in MS.

But I am also puting this out if someone knows how to t-shoot this. Is there and icon cache somplace etc.

Thanks

check under...

hklm\security\shell\start\startinfo

icon=?

and see if there is a image file (usually .png) in the registry. Then make sure the image file actually exists.

Guest urphonesux

i dropped the pagepool down in the lite rom to 10 and now i settle at 99mb free ram

and 98mb free ram AFTER closing the tricked out opera mini

o and before i changed the pagepool my total program memory was 144.71

after adjusting the pagepool my total program memory is 150.73

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
i dropped the pagepool down in the lite rom to 10 and now i settle at 99mb free ram

and 98mb free ram AFTER closing the tricked out opera mini

o and before i changed the pagepool my total program memory was 144.71

after adjusting the pagepool my total program memory is 150.73

I believe I originally had it at 8MBpp.

Guest urphonesux

the rom tool said it was 14 and at first i dropped it to 12 then 10 and i flashed the 10

and i remeber you said you had raised it because ppl were complaining about the low page pool

Edited by urphonesux

Guest tedkord

Thanks

I've had the same issue with SPB and Skyfire. It nearly never shows up with an icon in MS3.5. The fix is relatively simple - install JWMD Icon changer on your phone and use it to change the icon.

JWMD Icon Changer

Install and run it, scroll down to the program in question (skyfire, etc...), and do a long press on the program. This will bring up a menu.

First you can try "Selection Options/Show Default Icon", which works on some but not skyfire.

Next, try "Change Icon". On the next screen, navigate to Skyfire's (or any other program's) installation folder, and the icons in that folder will show up. Just pick the one associated with the program.

Wait for the initial JWMD screen to reset, then scroll down to the program you just changed and check if it shows the icon. If it does, soft reset your phone, or restart MS3, and it should show now.

You can also use it to create your own icons for programs. I use FPUEnabler, but not the SC3 Overclock, so I created an icon for FPU Enabler and associated it with the program using JWMD. You can see in the attached pictures, FPU Enabler and Skyfire both have icons showing in MS3.

post-497392-1286476040_thumb.jpg

post-497392-1286476048_thumb.jpg

Edited by tedkord

Guest Fogfire
I've had the same issue with SPB and Skyfire. It nearly never shows up with an icon in MS3.5. The fix is relatively simple - install JWMD Icon changer on your phone and use it to change the icon.

Thanks...

That fixed SkyFire

It didn't fix Netflix. which uses a .png icon. The reg entry AMDZero suggested was correct.

So I loaded the file into Fireworks and saved it back out as flattened png.. and that worked..

So I am assuming the icon file got corrupted or something that MS can't deal wtih

Thanks to both of you for help in T-shooting this!

Guest Snow02

Quick question, sorry if it's already been asked.

My text messages have a rather large gap between the messages, and all the conversation between one person is no longer one entry. Every individual message is it's own entry now. No idea how to fix this. The jinbox messaging app still displays texts the correct way though. Any ideas?

Rom is great btw. Love the mixed in splugins panels (clock, calendar). Really the texts are the only issue I've had after using it for a week. I can post pics if necessary.

Edit: Also, is there any way to disble the main menu shortcut on the top left bar? I'm using quickmenu and I sometimes activate the main menu instead. No biggie if not, and it's a great feature, just not for me.

Edited by Snow02

Guest Fogfire

My text messages have a rather large gap between the messages, and all the conversation between one person is no longer one entry. Every individual message is it's own entry now. No idea how to fix this. The jinbox messaging app still displays texts the correct way though. Any ideas?

Rom is great btw. Love the mixed in splugins panels (clock, calendar). Really the texts are the only issue I've had after using it for a week. I can post pics if necessary.

Edit: Also, is there any way to disble the main menu shortcut on the top left bar? I'm using quickmenu and I sometimes activate the main menu instead. No biggie if not, and it's a great feature, just not for me.

same fix for my problem including previous message in body of reply also does what you want.. turn on threading.. fixes this

All I had to do was change this Setting from 1 to 0 which turns on inbox threading which is fine for replies for me

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0

Guest Snow02
same fix for my problem including previous message in body of reply also does what you want.. turn on threading.. fixes this

All I had to do was change this Setting from 1 to 0 which turns on inbox threading which is fine for replies for me

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0

Yep. Much better.

Thanks.

Guest amdzero

Mainmenu.exe is being loaded by start.dll which is in the \windows\ directory. Since you can't delete it (its cooked in) create a dummy file and overwrite it with resco file explorer or total commander. The only other option is renaming your "quickmenu" executable to mainmenu.exe and putting THAT in the windows directory.

The former will stop mainmenu from being loaded, and the ladder will launch quickmenu.

Guest Robtao
I think the alarm failure is tied into the notification that your battery is done charging. it seems that if that notification gets flagged (ie, you goto bed, plug your phone in, and the charge completes before your alarm goes off) your alarm WILL NOT go off. We had this problem (well I did) back when we started messing with Sense alot. It has caused me quite a bit of trouble because of the phone's alarm failures. i believe there is a fix for this about the never ending charging complete notification and how it can be removed. I think AMD might have (or should :)) have it in his ROMS already. I ran a few tests and have my alarm function properly if left unplugged in. I try to charge it completely before I go to bed for the night to make sure it works properly. Try it and post your results.

An uncharging phone should wake up normally. Keep us posted.

X

I think GAlarm has been more reliable when plugged in. When it has failed, it is usually not plugged in. Working from memory here, but that is what I recall. I know my last 2 failures occurred when not plugged in.

Guest spocko

Thanks for sharing that tip! Much better.

Guest the sandman

hey amd, do you have a .cab for the phone canvas that you used for your base rom? i would like to use it with the ZeroStock 1.2 rom. which im lovin right now

Guest amdzero
hey amd, do you have a .cab for the phone canvas that you used for your base rom? i would like to use it with the ZeroStock 1.2 rom. which im lovin right now

Ask, and you shall recieve.

AMDZero_ZeroBase_Phone_Canvas.zip

(However, it is untested, as I'm currently working on a ZeroSense release, so let me know)

Guest xlightwaverx

Download the Kitchen I posted and cook the DG21 Stock that comes included. And then flash it with Octans. That will get you into flashing :)

would anyone have stock dg21 nbo file? i want to go back the stock update but of course you cant reinstall it

Guest xlightwaverx

Oh, I was referencing Clock and Alarm (Samsung) and its interaction when there is a stuck notify blip in effect.

X

I think GAlarm has been more reliable when plugged in. When it has failed, it is usually not plugged in. Working from memory here, but that is what I recall. I know my last 2 failures occurred when not plugged in.

Guest andychoi

I have used Yardi4life's lite ROM and no problem in using Google map with GPS.

But, I can't use GPS on Google map with this ROM.

COM4, Baud rate... I don't know how to make it work.

Are you guys ok with this ROM to use google map with GPS?

Guest amdzero

works fine for me, just let windows manage the GPS, don't set the COM/Baud rate.

Guest Nelboy

I had to go to Samsung Settings --> General Settings --> GPS --> Location ---> and set Location ON... It was set to 911 only after

flashing and Bing and Google Maps wouldn't work.

Guest amdzero
I had to go to Samsung Settings --> General Settings --> GPS --> Location ---> and set Location ON... It was set to 911 only after

flashing and Bing and Google Maps wouldn't work.

FWI after every flash (official or custom) and every HARD reset, you must set the location to location on. There isn't a registry setting that I'm aware of that fixes this.