[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
and I forget, what was different about DG21? I never updated to that either.

Not a whole lot. Some ppl say they get slightly better performance, but I haven't seen it. There is a list of files updated in the dg21 verizon thread. There are a few drivers updated, including one of the video drivers, but NSTR.

Guest amdzero
hey amdzero, if you need a tester for your latest progress with zerosense just let me know. im dying to flash my phone its been so long lol

I can give you a link, but I already know what's wrong. If you can live with a beta rom I'll post it.

Guest the sandman
I can give you a link, but I already know what's wrong. If you can live with a beta rom I'll post it.

that would be cool. i can live with it. can i send/recieve sms/mms?

Guest the sandman
I believe so, let me double check and if I can TX/RX SMS and MMS I'll post it.

cool cuz that is the main thing that i need. im a texter, not a talker lol

Guest amdzero
cool cuz that is the main thing that i need. im a texter, not a talker lol

I'm pretty sure that jinbox still works, but I'm re-flashing now to test it all out.

Guest amdzero
sweet, thanks dude. i will stay tuned

ZeroSense beta 4 slim has been sent to beta testers. If all goes well I'll release a public beta in a day or so.

EDIT:

have you guys seen this? it looks pretty cool. I tried it for a little while, but I didn't like the fact that I lost my Settings icon.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827006

Edited by amdzero

ZeroSense beta 4 slim has been sent to beta testers. If all goes well I'll release a public beta in a day or so.

EDIT:

have you guys seen this? it looks pretty cool. I tried it for a little while, but I didn't like the fact that I lost my Settings icon.

If you need testers, I'll check it out....I text, use PIM tools, .....

Guest mikee4fun
hey there is an error in your .rgu file:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1037DBE3-7EEC-4b70-B5F4-5D89F1D625E4}]

"SBPassword"=binary:eXs=

what should the password be?

hmmm no idea, since I do not have my tp2 anymore I cannot pull from that registry. Sorry

Guest nvrmind
and I forget, what was different about DG21? I never updated to that either.

One thing I've noticed since updating to DG21... The ringer silences immediately when you ignore a call. That half second or so delay was really annoying before... May have just been my phone, though, I never read about anyone else having the problem.

EDIT:

This is really slick. Doesn't quite work correctly, where some of my icons are placed on top of others, and some the rows aren't filled for probably the same reaason. But, I've done quite a bit of start menu editing so it's probably an incompatibility due to something I did. But this is the nicest start menu replacement I've seen, by far. Thanks for the link.

Edit: Nevermind, the "restore layout" button fixes the arrangement issues. Now this is perfect. And AMD, you can make a custom link to the settings menu, I have the correct cpl shortcut written down somewhere. I'll make a link and post it.

Edit #2: Wow, kind of a ram whore though.

Edited by Snow02

Guest amdzero
This is really slick. Doesn't quite work correctly, where some of my icons are placed on top of others, and some the rows aren't filled for probably the same reaason. But, I've done quite a bit of start menu editing so it's probably an incompatibility due to something I did. But this is the nicest start menu replacement I've seen, by far. Thanks for the link.

Edit: Nevermind, the "restore layout" button fixes the arrangement issues. Now this is perfect. And AMD, you can make a custom link to the settings menu, I have the correct cpl shortcut written down somewhere. I'll make a link and post it.

please do as this is a great replacement!

Thanks, Amdzero. I just installed the lite version - looks great.

Like yourself, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I did run into an issue with Windows 7 essentially forcing the use of a previously installed signed Samsumg USB driver instead of the 64 bit driver - even with the digitally signed option disabled. Running this driver, the phone would connect and after a few seconds disconnect.

I had to uninstall/delete the previous driver. After that, the 64 bit driver would load, and I was able to flash your ROM. FYI, the 64 bit driver is version 3.1.xxxx. I hope this helps anyone encountering this issue.

Thanks again for the ROM.

W James

Guest Cherry Limeade Douche

Hey there. I flashed to the AMD ZeroLite Rom and I love the performance. I just have one pet peeve. I absolutely HATE and LOATHE the Samsung Jinbox setup for sms. I love the way the threaded sms is setup in Ninja4Hire's Omnia Phone 7 rom. I tried changing the registry to disable the samsung skinned jinbox but I had no luck. Is there any way to get a similar custom sms layout going on the Lite rom?

I already have the .cab install to change the sms theme to match Omnia Phone 7. I'm actually talking about the INBOX it takes you to when you select messages. It shows "Accounts" and individual messages. I just want to go directly to the messaging.

I used the disable Samsung Skinned SMS registry edit but it didn't change anything.

Does any of this make sense? If not I'll throw some screenshots up to help.

Edited by Cherry Limeade Douche

Guest amdzero
Hey there. I flashed to the AMD ZeroLite Rom and I love the performance. I just have one pet peeve. I absolutely HATE and LOATHE the Samsung Jinbox setup for sms. I love the way the threaded sms is setup in Ninja4Hire's Omnia Phone 7 rom. I tried changing the registry to disable the samsung skinned jinbox but I had no luck. Is there any way to get a similar custom sms layout going on the Lite rom?

I already have the .cab install to change the sms theme to match Omnia Phone 7. I'm actually talking about the INBOX it takes you to when you select messages. It shows "Accounts" and individual messages. I just want to go directly to the messaging.

I used the disable Samsung Skinned SMS registry edit but it didn't change anything.

Screenshot, por favor

Guest mikee4fun

This is what you need, install it and it will ask for you to soft reset and it will take you directly to inbox. I installed both and it works the way you want it. Only problems is if you get an mms sometimes it takes you into the integrated tmail sms app.

So step one install Ninja4hire_jInbox__Omnia_2_i920.cab and soft reset as it will ask you.

Step two install tmailwrap_sms.cab and then soft reset as it will ask you as well.

On next boot you when you click on texts it will take you right into jinbox with threaded msg.

I have ran into a small glitch when after restoring a rom backup image with spb backup, it sometimes stops going directly to jinbox and have to reinstall the tmailwrap_sms.cab

Cheers

Ninja4hire_jInbox__Omnia_2_i920.cab

tmailwrap_sms.cab

Edited by mikee4fun

I'm having an issue with the main page Schedule option on the Lite ROM. When I click it, it shows that I have no appointments, which is correct. However, when I click it a second time to add an appointment or I click the "New app..." button, I'm greeted with a "Error opening the shortcut..." message. I've read through the thread and noted that in a previous release the tcalendar.exe had not been included, but I see that executable in the Windows folder on this release.

I also looked at the :MSCALENDAR registry setting, and the "1" value is set to "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /week which I believe is correct.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this?

Thanks much for any help.

W James

P.S. I originally posted this issue under the wrong AMDZero ROM thread. My apologies. I am indeed using this October release of the DG21 ROM.

Guest Cherry Limeade Douche
This is what you need, install it and it will ask for you to soft reset and it will take you directly to inbox. I installed both and it works the way you want it. Only problems is if you get an mms sometimes it takes you into the integrated tmail sms app.

So step one install Ninja4hire_jInbox__Omnia_2_i920.cab and soft reset as it will ask you.

Step two install tmailwrap_sms.cab and then soft reset as it will ask you as well.

On next boot you when you click on texts it will take you right into jinbox with threaded msg.

I have ran into a small glitch when after restoring a rom backup image with spb backup, it sometimes stops going directly to jinbox and have to reinstall the tmailwrap_sms.cab

Cheers

Awesome! Thanks bud! That did it. I already had the Ninja4hire cab :rolleyes: installed so I only had to install the additional tmail .cab you posted. Works like a charm!

Guest amdzero
I'm having an issue with the main page Schedule option on the Lite ROM. When I click it, it shows that I have no appointments, which is correct. However, when I click it a second time to add an appointment or I click the "New app..." button, I'm greeted with a "Error opening the shortcut..." message. I've read through the thread and noted that in a previous release the tcalendar.exe had not been included, but I see that executable in the Windows folder on this release.

I also looked at the :MSCALENDAR registry setting, and the "1" value is set to "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /week which I believe is correct.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this?

Thanks much for any help.

W James

P.S. I originally posted this issue under the wrong AMDZero ROM thread. My apologies. I am indeed using this October release of the DG21 ROM.

when you say main page, are you talking about titanium? can you post a screen shot of what you are looking at? I've been working with Sense for so long I think I forgot how the rest of WinMo looks LOL