[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
Tell me what is error "Select PDA file is incorrected. 4" when choosing a driver. In 0419 firmware added on i8000.

program OCTANS Downloader v1.91

I'm sorry but I'm not able to help with your problem, as This section is ONLY FOR US based i920 ROMS. We only use US English (0409). NOT any other languages. We DON'T have i8000, and we DON'T flash anything but PDA.

If you have a i8000 and flash my rom using the PDA only option you will not have a fully functional phone anymore. It will boot yes, but none of the radios will work. This means no BT, no WIFI, no Cell Phone connection Service/Data. This also means NONE of the buttons will work properly. The camera will not work either. Effectively you will turn your nice i8000 into a broken PDA that won't charge anymore.

Please visit the i8000 forums with your questions:

http://www.modaco.com/category/424/i8000-o...rom-discussion/

Guest trelleck

Can anyone help me.

I did apply this ROM and it has been working great for some time. I've been very happy with it. About 3 days ago my wifi stopped working. It can identify my router but it no longer connects. My notebook is connecting fine. I did install a game around the time with my wifi stopped working but I uninstalled that and still have the problem. Any suggestions? I know it's not the ROM. BTW: I even took security off my router and it still doesn't connect.

Guest amdzero
Can anyone help me.

I did apply this ROM and it has been working great for some time. I've been very happy with it. About 3 days ago my wifi stopped working. It can identify my router but it no longer connects. My notebook is connecting fine. I did install a game around the time with my wifi stopped working but I uninstalled that and still have the problem. Any suggestions? I know it's not the ROM. BTW: I even took security off my router and it still doesn't connect.

what game was it? It may have left some registry entries that borked your wifi.

Guest trelleck

Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to play a game. The issue is that the wifi isn't connecting with my router any longer. I did have WEP enabled but I took that off just to check and see if it was security related. I have used wifirouter 2.0 lately. I wonder if it could be related to that somehow?

Thoughts?

what game was it? It may have left some registry entries that borked your wifi.

Guest amdzero
Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to play a game. The issue is that the wifi isn't connecting with my router any longer. I did have WEP enabled but I took that off just to check and see if it was security related. I have used wifirouter 2.0 lately. I wonder if it could be related to that somehow?

Thoughts?

Well wifirouter ( I'm guessing WMWifirouter) does all kinds of crazy stuff to the system in order to get it to share out using wifi.

Lets get this straight, are you trying to connect a PC via wifi tether, or are you trying to use wifi on your phone to connect to your personal network?

Guest pma7779

I am using AMD's base rom and after using many roms including all of AMD's roms, this is my favorite right now. Does anyone know how to change the search from bing to google?

Guest trelleck

I'm just trying to use wifi on your phone to connect to the personal network. I've decided to reload your ROM to see if that takes care of the problem. I'll give you and update later.

Well wifirouter ( I'm guessing WMWifirouter) does all kinds of crazy stuff to the system in order to get it to share out using wifi.

Lets get this straight, are you trying to connect a PC via wifi tether, or are you trying to use wifi on your phone to connect to your personal network?

Guest trelleck

Well, I did a hard reset and that should have worked if there was some configuration problems caused by my use of WMWifirouter. My Omnia i920 does see my personal network but it will just not connect. I guess I didn't realize that an wifi radio could simply stop functioning. Is it possible that a software program, like wmwifirouter 2.0 could have trashed the hardware? I did recently use it all day at a meeting.

If I reset with the official Verizon ROM, will they do anything for me in terms of replacement?

Edited by trelleck

Guest amdzero
Well, I did a hard reset and that should have worked if there was some configuration problems caused by my use of WMWifirouter. My Omnia i920 does see my personal network but it will just not connect. I guess I didn't realize that an wifi radio could simply stop functioning. Is it possible that a software program, like wmwifirouter 2.0 could have trashed the hardware? I did recently use it all day at a meeting.

If I reset with the official Verizon ROM, will they do anything for me in terms of replacement?

well if you are just looking for a replacement, and are under contract, you could:

backup the phone

remove the SD card

wipe/format the "My Storage" space

flash to one of my earlier roms (like my version 1 rom)

http://www.4shared.com/file/211298130/3f4d...o_23518_V1.html

Then you can connect it to active sync and use the Official Verizon Update for DG21 (otherwise it will say already installed).

Then tell them your wifi don't work.

or you could just unplug the phone in the middle of a custom flash and take it to them saying "it won't work".

I don't know if wmwifirouter would cook your wifi radio, I've never used it more than a few hours at a time. And since then I've used HTC Wifi-sharing

Guest trelleck
well if you are just looking for a replacement, and are under contract, you could:

backup the phone

remove the SD card

Then you can connect it to active sync and use the Official Verizon Update for DG21 (otherwise it will say already installed).

or you could just unplug the phone in the middle of a custom flash and take it to them saying "it won't work".

I don't know if wmwifirouter would cook your wifi radio, I've never used it more than a few hours at a time. And since then I've used HTC Wifi-sharing

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions. I think I will follow your advise precisely.

Guest amdzero
Hi My Fellow 920ers

I posted this here because AMDZero is the God, I knew he wouldn't get pissed, because it had to do with a "kitchen" related matter.

I am trying to get a ROM that I can share with the class, but everyone I have cooked so far SUCKED! In all of my tests though, I run them for a couple of days, then reflash. Does anyone know how to export your email settings from the phone, so you don't have to setup 5 email accounts over and over and over and (ok, we get the point!) again? I realize the password probably can't be exported along with the other settings, but I would settle for the rest. I found where some of the information is stored in the registry, but exporting it, then importing after a new ROM burn doesn't do jack.

Any ideas? I know it has to be possible, because Resco Back will do it when it backs up the entire device, which I of course, would never be dumb enough to drop on top of different ROM.

Thanks for your help guys,

Captclam

P.S. AMDZero, I am FINALLY going to your AMDZero_i9210_v4.nb0, I ran your Mobile Shell release for a LONG time, but I have a need for speed.

P.S.S. Is it possible to build off your base lite ROM? I have never tried to build off one of yours — out of respect — but it sure would save a LOT of time.

Thats a lot, let me try to help you out.

1. Yes you can have email setup in a flash (pun intended!). What I did was create a provxml then put it in a .cab and used XDA_UC to have it auto load my email settings. Flashing was sooo much easier especially with my contacts saved using pimbackup. I could leave my phone after a flash for about 5 min. and have all my stuff the way I wanted it, email, wifi, contacts, apps/games.

email to cab: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793198

pimbackup: http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip

2. (P.S.) I haven't used my v4 rom in a long time. I'm working on ultralite/sense right now.

3. (P.S.S.) If you want I can release a kitchen for a base rom. I'm intending on releasing an ultralite/sense kitchen once I feel it is running smooth(er).

Oh and btw, I'm no God, just your friendly neighborhood chef.

Edited by amdzero

Guest trelleck

backup the phone

remove the SD card

I followed the process and everything worked fine. Verizon is sending me a replacement phone. Although I could update, I plan to get one of the 4g Android phones coming up. Once have an Android phone, I can follow you as you continue to develop upgrades for that product line. BTW, I will be sending you a contribution today. You've been a great help.

Edited by trelleck

Guest trelleck
its already in my htc sense rom.

you should use commanager, then enable wifi router.

I'm sorry, one more question. I am not using that. I have been using Base Rom DG21 Version 1 Build 23569. Would you recommend I change to the sense ROM. Is that better?

Guest amdzero
I'm sorry, one more question. I am not using that. I have been using Base Rom DG21 Version 1 Build 23569. Would you recommend I change to the sense ROM. Is that better?

its not better, its only different. I think that SPB Mobile shell is slightly smoother, but sense has more style. BOTH are memory hogs. Are you looking for a wifi to 3g option?

Guest trelleck
its not better, its only different. I think that SPB Mobile shell is slightly smoother, but sense has more style. BOTH are memory hogs. Are you looking for a wifi to 3g option?

I think I'm satisfied with the SPB mobile shell interface. BTW, my replacement phone just came in and I still can't connect to internet through my personal wifi router. I could do it about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what has changed. And my notebook can connect. I'm absolutely baffled. (Even deactivated WEP security on my router). I have no idea what a next step is. Hmmm.

Guest amdzero
I think I'm satisfied with the SPB mobile shell interface. BTW, my replacement phone just came in and I still can't connect to internet through my personal wifi router. I could do it about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what has changed. And my notebook can connect. I'm absolutely baffled. (Even deactivated WEP security on my router). I have no idea what a next step is. Hmmm.

Take your phone to a free wifi McDowell's or StarBox and see if it connects.

Guest trelleck
Take your phone to a free wifi McDowell's or StarBox and see if it connects.

Fixed.

I just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me enter the MAC address of the phone into "permit PCs listed below to access the wireless network" into my wireless settings on the router and it worked. It's damn peculiar that it worked for nearly a year without having to do that. Oh well, learn something new every day. The version of the phone I received had a 9.12 were as my old one had a 9.11 on the white under the battery, so I guess may have earned myself a slightly newer model for the trouble.

PS. I was almost ready to do what you suggested and then decided I'd call them first. I was really surprised that they would be able to help.

Thanks very much for your suggestions though.

Edited by trelleck

Guest rolobolas
Lite Rom

Running your Lite Rom and using the winmo today screen with xclock, gps2day, easy today launcher and weather bug.

Is there any way that you could cab the Samsung Keypad removed from this Rom? My wife, new owner of the O2 don't like to use swype.

Thanks a million ;)

Guest amdzero
Running your Lite Rom and using the winmo today screen with xclock, gps2day, easy today launcher and weather bug.

Is there any way that you could cab the Samsung Keypad removed from this Rom? My wife, new owner of the O2 don't like to use swype.

Thanks a million ;)

doesn't like to use swype!?

ur dead to me

j/k btw, try this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...amp;pid=1121750

he doesn't want ppl to mirror his work.

Edited by amdzero

• 2 weeks later...