[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest batch519

I too have had my contacts get nuked (twice), even deleted them from my exchange account back on the exchange server. Thank god I take a physical backup of my Outlook .msg individual contact files. Both times I was messing around with ActiveSync on both my computer and the phone.

I was messing around with ActiveSync, USB Mode and Internet Sharing because the Internet Sharing tether app is broken. Could it be the USB drivers on my laptop or maybe try reinstalling ActiveSync? It has been broken pretty much since you first mentioned it being broken for you on a different thread a few weeks ago. It is not the ROM as it has been broken through the last three flashings (ZeroStock DC23, ZeroLite DG21 and now ZeroBase DG21). Were you able to fix it for yourself?

Thanks for reintroducing me to Mobile Shell, really liking v3.5.5 so far. I took a SS of my home screen. BTW, this post is via Wifi @ 39,000 ft, gotta love Southwest :lol:

post-711703-1284769968_thumb.jpg

Guest donaudette

I am another that lost their contacts. luckily, I had them in my deleted folder in my outlook client. highlighted them, dragged them back to contact folder, viola, contacts back. hit sync and it synced to phone no issues. so if it happens to you, just check your deleted folder.

I too have had my contacts get nuked (twice), even deleted them from my exchange account back on the exchange server. Thank god I take a physical backup of my Outlook .msg individual contact files. Both times I was messing around with ActiveSync on both my computer and the phone.

I was messing around with ActiveSync, USB Mode and Internet Sharing because the Internet Sharing tether app is broken. Could it be the USB drivers on my laptop or maybe try reinstalling ActiveSync? It has been broken pretty much since you first mentioned it being broken for you on a different thread a few weeks ago. It is not the ROM as it has been broken through the last three flashings (ZeroStock DC23, ZeroLite DG21 and now ZeroBase DG21). Were you able to fix it for yourself?

Thanks for reintroducing me to Mobile Shell, really liking v3.5.5 so far. I took a SS of my home screen. BTW, this post is via Wifi @ 39,000 ft, gotta love Southwest :lol:

the internt sharing I mentioned in another thread was about ICS using HTC Wifi Sharing, not MS ICS. MS ICS hasn't failed me yet.

The key is to have the usb mode in activesync (not my storage) and then start the ICS app (start menu) and then click connect. After all that is done, THEN connect the usb cable to the phone.

I will have to try the messing with soft reset and see if my contacts drop. I haven't noticed this. Can anyone who is using my Lite rom comment on whether they have this issue?

Also I provided the dialer in another post, you'll have too look for it, its a cab I think.

Guest tntopspin
the internt sharing I mentioned in another thread was about ICS using HTC Wifi Sharing, not MS ICS. MS ICS hasn't failed me yet.

The key is to have the usb mode in activesync (not my storage) and then start the ICS app (start menu) and then click connect. After all that is done, THEN connect the usb cable to the phone.

I will have to try the messing with soft reset and see if my contacts drop. I haven't noticed this. Can anyone who is using my Lite rom comment on whether they have this issue?

Also I provided the dialer in another post, you'll have too look for it, its a cab I think.

The contact drop didn't occur for me with the Lite ROM. I just flashed it, changed from Samsung to WinMo and used the restart in the Dialer Switcher without losing contacts. For good measure I switched back from WinMo to Samsung and restarted..... no contacts are missing.

I'm going to flash the Base again now to see if that makes a difference. I'd not tried the Lite previously.

Thanks for your hard work!

Guest the sandman

Also experiencing problems with my contacts being erased every time i do a soft reset. had to go to myphone archives from my computer 3 times now to get them back. Gonna try Lookout Mobile Security to see maybe that will help. Dunno what the problem is. Btw, using the base rom

Also experiencing problems with my contacts being erased every time i do a soft reset. had to go to myphone archives from my computer 3 times now to get them back. Gonna try Lookout Mobile Security to see maybe that will help. Dunno what the problem is. Btw, using the base rom

Well this is disheartening as I didn't expect ppl to lose information on ANY of my ROMs. I'll be looking for a reason why this happens until I find it. If anyone else can give more info I'd appreciate it.

I thought it might be because I switched to the new (actaully older, but there were more recent updates) COM3 builds instead of the COM5 builds I used before DG21.

I may upload a COM 5 build and see if the problem persists.

Guest the sandman
Well this is disheartening as I didn't expect ppl to lose information on ANY of my ROMs. I'll be looking for a reason why this happens until I find it. If anyone else can give more info I'd appreciate it.

I thought it might be because I switched to the new (actaully older, but there were more recent updates) COM3 builds instead of the COM5 builds I used before DG21.

this never happened to my with your latest DG21 lite rom, that one worked perfectly. i honestly dont know what the difference is between lite and base, i just flash whatever is newest lol

Guest the sandman

quick update regarding contacts erasing: i installed Lookout Mobile Security and backed up my contacts using that, then i soft reseted my phone and contacts erased again. So i open up LMS app and tried to back up contacts and they were erased off of Lookout too, even on their website. Very strange

Guest tntopspin

AMD, don't let this get you down. You make great ROMs and we truly appreciate your efforts.

I know little about making ROMs but I'm going to assume your Base ROM started with your Lite ROM and then you added things. Looking over the additions and knowing we've never had an issue with your other ROMs, the logical culprit is the addition of that sweet custom Mobile Shell version you provided. In that vein, I added Mobile Shell on your Lite ROM and multiple resets/dialer changes produced no lost contacts.

I have suggestions for testing:

If you can "cook" your Base ROM without Mobile Shell, but with everything else, we could test it for lost contacts.

If you can "cook" your Base ROM with the stock Mobile Shell and everything else, we could test it also.

If the both test ROMs produce no problems, the issue would have to be in the mods to MShell.

If the first is fine, but the second isn't, we install MShell and see if the problem occurs.

If it doesn't occur when we install MShell, the issue is something in how MShell is integrated into the ROM.

Again, since your ROMs have always been excellent and this is the first one I've seen with Mobile Shell, I am making some leaps here.

Two Cents from an old software tester..

One of the tools lifted from an HTC phone brought a registry entry or file that is part of first boot and reset is cleaning up contacts but another part of that process the ends first boot is gone or a file ment to be delete ended up in the permside of things. Run One party of registry or a DLL/exe in a transfered App. And the code file could be a bear to find.

AHA? Seriously? :)

I haven't lost any contact info. I loaded the HTC canvas over the Samsung Dialer, then chose to simply disable it in Advanced Config, and stick with the MS dialer to save 10mb of RAM. (I uses s2u2 for the caller ID screen, but not for anything else)

Maybe it's the dialer changer?

I haven't lost any contact info. I loaded the HTC canvas over the Samsung Dialer, then chose to simply disable it in Advanced Config, and stick with the MS dialer to save 10mb of RAM. (I uses s2u2 for the caller ID screen, but not for anything else)

Maybe it's the dialer changer?

The dialer changer does nothing but change the dialer registry keys to the dialer selected. The reset button just invokes a soft reset.

For those who don't know, here is a brief history of what I've been doing.

I don't like Windows Mobile 6.5 as it is NOT very finger friendly. So I chose to use Windows Mobile 6.5.x

COM3 is Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and has KNOWN problems with HTC Phone Canvas.

COM5 is (was) the bleeding edge of software developement. It is unofficially called Windows Mobile 6.5.5

This is what I've been using in all my other roms. the 235xx is COM5.

Why did I switch to COM3 build while updating DG21 ROMs? Well because COM3 has had NUMEROUS updates since the last time COM5 was updated. It appears that COM5 is no longer being developed as we havn't seen a release since May 2010. The most Recent COM3 release was late August.

I think I'll stick with COM5 for now as it has always worked for me.

Long story short... I switched back over to 6.5.5 (23569) build; The error is gone, so I'll upload it here in a bit.

Hi AMDZero,

Thanks for the new ROM.

Having a few issues with the New Base ROM

does not want to see my 16 G Micro SD?

It maybe me I am not used to SPB except for backup

which is where my problem lies I like that for contacts since

WMDC stinks!

Looking forward to your future builds.

Norm883

Lost my contacts again after a reboot of the phone, looking forward to the update of the Base ROM that doesn't have this problem.

Have you flash the Base rom I posted today? Build 6.5.5(23569) I tested this rom and It holds contacts after reset.

have you ever figured out the missing input menu in the lite rom yet?

i prefer to use swype without the trace line personally

Input Menu is available via Samsung Settings->Advanced Settings Tab->System->Input Method Options

Guest the sandman

Perfect! Is the only word to describe the latest base rom. Everything works perfectly and have not seen a single issue. Really great work amd, thanks a lot for this awesome rom!

Guest tntopspin
Perfect! Is the only word to describe the latest base rom. Everything works perfectly and have not seen a single issue. Really great work amd, thanks a lot for this awesome rom!

Yep.... this ROM's issues are fixed and I personally think it marks the pinnacle for our phone. I'm wondering what AMD can do to top this?

Once again, a BIG, BIG thanks to AMD for this work and all his other fine contributions here.

So far so good with your 6.5.5 base rom, haven't lost contacts after a few restarts and hasn't frozen yet(also has not frozen in iphonetoday.exe like it consistently would on the other).

However your themes anastasia buttons once again will not come back if I change it to another them then back, I had a feeling it had something to do with the winmo version once you said you used 5.5.3 on that one rom since that was the only one where the buttons would stick...not that I mind I persoanlly dislike them even if I love the rest of the theme :lol:

I updated to your SPB Base ROM. So far a lot of icons are missing and ActiveSync doesn't work. I'm gonna try to flash one more time.

UPDATE:

Activesync still doesn't work and icons are all messed up. How come everyone else is having no problems but me?

Edited by jbr05ki