[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

also...do I need to do all that pre load file mumbo jumbo listed at the beginning of this thread...meaning the find driver/unplug/click next/quickly plug back in...blah.blah

or is it really as straightforward as ...put file in i920 flasher...click detect...wait...reboot...enjoy???....just want to make double sure...remember its my wifes phone!!!!quick reply would be insanley cool, thanks!

Yes, but you will only have to do that one time and then you can flash it as many times as you want just as simply as you put it, assuming you don't reinstall windows on that computer or uninstall the drivers or anything.

Guest urphonesux

sorry i'd put up a response last night from opera mini but today i noticed that the last 3 posts i made from mini were not saved to the forum.

maybe it was late and i didnt let the page finish loading or something.

It is that easy but i must suggest that you uncheck the box to clear mystorage memory and also that you hard reset the phone AFTER flashing so that you can be sure that you have gotten rid of all of the ghosts from the previous rom

Guest urphonesux

i hate to say it but since uninstalling sktools and using memmaid my phone has not frozen once since the original task manager end all freeze.

Alot of ppl told me before that it caused their phones to freeze/lockup but i never experienced that so i did not believe them. Turns out they are right and i apologize. However, Sktools does so much that i am currently in convo with the developer trying to find the setting i need to change so that i can use sktools without fear again.

This rom is great, the only issue i have now which is not even a issue is the fact that the input menu is gone.

I am running the lite rom with an untouched pagepool size and at any given time i have at least 90mb of free ram.

Phone has not auto shutdown a single app on me yet (The only time i seen that is when dotfreds task switcher froze up and the phone didnt know what to do.)

speaking of.......im using xtask as my task manager/switcher mapped to the center menu button with no issues other than the xhook not working so i did not even put the dll on my phone for it

The only thing i gotta do now is find out how to disable that D@^% sms preview screen that comes up

Again Great rom AmdZero and thanks for all of your hard work!

About flashing...

In case you (no on specific) were not aware, there is a ROM chip that holds all the data for your phone to start.

There are specific regions of ROM that control basic functions for the phone, such as Radio (the phone signal) and eBoot (the area that shows where/how to write flashable data to the rest of the ROM). There is a PDA portion of the ROM that can be written to that provides the operation system for the phone.

Now with all that being said, when you do an offical SAMSUNG update, ALL regions of ROM are written to. That is scary to me, as when I first got the phone (the DAY it came out mind you) there was an update from samsung. I d/l the update and tried it out on my laptop. Now I KNOW it said it was compatible with windows XP and Vista, but I thought "Hey Windows 7 is just as good." So I tried it an it Froze. BLAM bricked phone. Not even the charging images showed up (the battery one when the phone is plugged in but off). Now the phone was really bricked because it still had the eboot intact. BUT at the time there were NO custom flash roms for me to try so I had to return my shiny new phone at my local VZW store.

I say all of this not to scare those who want to flash but to make them aware of where we have come if they didn't know.

Okay back to the flash. When you do the Samsung update they erase the ENTIRE ROM area before writing new data. When you write the PDA portion using a custom flash file from me or any other chef here, you are not erasing the ENTIRE ROM. Instead you are writing over just the PDA data.

When your phone is freshly flashed (official or not) it goes through what is commonly called Initial boot. This process loads the OS for the first time, and runs any POST flash files that need to be run. An example of post flash file would be .provxml, to say setup your internet connection, or rearrange your start menu with cool icons. This is why when you boot for the first time after a flash it takes a really long time. On top of that sometimes you need to tap on the upper part of the screen to get past the Welcome screen (even if the chef took the welcome screens out).

A hard reset does nothing but erase the data on your phone and copy files from the ROM back so you can start the process all over again. So really a Hard reset just starts the Initial boot process. There is no advantage to doing a hard reset after a flash.

i hate to say it but since uninstalling sktools and using memmaid my phone has not frozen once since the original task manager end all freeze.

Alot of ppl told me before that it caused their phones to freeze/lockup but i never experienced that so i did not believe them. Turns out they are right and i apologize. However, Sktools does so much that i am currently in convo with the developer trying to find the setting i need to change so that i can use sktools without fear again.

This rom is great, the only issue i have now which is not even a issue is the fact that the input menu is gone.

I am running the lite rom with an untouched pagepool size and at any given time i have at least 90mb of free ram.

Phone has not auto shutdown a single app on me yet (The only time i seen that is when dotfreds task switcher froze up and the phone didnt know what to do.)

speaking of.......im using xtask as my task manager/switcher mapped to the center menu button with no issues other than the xhook not working so i did not even put the dll on my phone for it

The only thing i gotta do now is find out how to disable that D@^% sms preview screen that comes up

Again Great rom AmdZero and thanks for all of your hard work!

Speaking to urphonesux now, what do you mean by sms preview? Got screenshot?

Guest urphonesux
About flashing...

In case you (no on specific) were not aware, there is a ROM chip that holds all the data for your phone to start.

There are specific regions of ROM that control basic functions for the phone, such as Radio (the phone signal) and eBoot (the area that shows where/how to write flashable data to the rest of the ROM). There is a PDA portion of the ROM that can be written to that provides the operation system for the phone.

Now with all that being said, when you do an offical SAMSUNG update, ALL regions of ROM are written to. That is scary to me, as when I first got the phone (the DAY it came out mind you) there was an update from samsung. I d/l the update and tried it out on my laptop. Now I KNOW it said it was compatible with windows XP and Vista, but I thought "Hey Windows 7 is just as good." So I tried it an it Froze. BLAM bricked phone. Not even the charging images showed up (the battery one when the phone is plugged in but off). Now the phone was really bricked because it still had the eboot intact. BUT at the time there were NO custom flash roms for me to try so I had to return my shiny new phone at my local VZW store.

I say all of this not to scare those who want to flash but to make them aware of where we have come if they didn't know.

Okay back to the flash. When you do the Samsung update they erase the ENTIRE ROM area before writing new data. When you write the PDA portion using a custom flash file from me or any other chef here, you are not erasing the ENTIRE ROM. Instead you are writing over just the PDA data.

When your phone is freshly flashed (official or not) it goes through what is commonly called Initial boot. This process loads the OS for the first time, and runs any POST flash files that need to be run. An example of post flash file would be .provxml, to say setup your internet connection, or rearrange your start menu with cool icons. This is why when you boot for the first time after a flash it takes a really long time. On top of that sometimes you need to tap on the upper part of the screen to get past the Welcome screen (even if the chef took the welcome screens out).

A hard reset does nothing but erase the data on your phone and copy files from the ROM back so you can start the process all over again. So really a Hard reset just starts the Initial boot process. There is no advantage to doing a hard reset after a flash.

Speaking to urphonesux now, what do you mean by sms preview? Got screenshot?

u know the screen that pops up before u can actually type to reply to a txt

it has a light blue top bar and the rest is white

in the blue area you get the caller , callback number, and contact picture

in the white you get the senders message but you still have to press reply one more time before you can txt

Been reading here for some time and finally jumped in, what a difference!

Using AmdZero's i920 Flasher and instructions was able to install with my Windows 7 64bit laptop.

As everyone said it's all about the Driver File once you get it right the Flasher sees the phone and updates it.

Several questions.

1. How do you change the input method on the new ROM?

2. Any possiblity of getting the Samsung locker in a cab file? My holster presses buttons if the phone is not locked.

3. Is there a way to access the GPS settings Com port and Baud rate?

Great rom AmdZero and thanks for all of your hard work!

This version is much better and finger friendly that the "offical" one.

Using AmdZero's i920 Flasher and instructions was able to install with my Windows 7 64bit laptop.

As everyone said it's all about the Driver File once you get it right the Flasher sees the phone and updates it.

Several questions.

2. Any possiblity of getting the Samsung locker in a cab file? My holster presses buttons if the phone is not locked.

so could you give me a quick rundown of your steps with the flasher??....what did you check/uncheck...that sort of thing...thanks

so could you give me a quick rundown of your steps with the flasher??....what did you check/uncheck...that sort of thing...thanks

Updated to the offical DG21 update first - This update wipes your phone so be sure to backup everthing first includu=ing My Storage.

I used the i920 Flasher supplied on page 1 in this stream.

If using Win7 64bit you must hit F8 on on Bootup to disable Driver Signature Enforcement or the required unsigned driver cannot be installed

After you get the Driver files installed (must get to HAVE DISK) and use the recomended files for your system.

Start i920 Flasher and click Flash file button and find the NB0 file.

I left the setting with just Do not erase box checked

Clicked Detect

Had to plug and unplug the USB cable several time for it to detect

Once the phone detects click start and that should be it.

I did have an issue with my NB0 file and the Checksums did not match (my problem) just downloaded a new copy and started over and no issue then.

Leave the phone plugged in until it restarts and you should be on your way.

As they have said flashing these phones can be done, I am a believer now, good luck.

Edited by cjn-md

Several questions.

1. If by input method you mean keyboard, well then you cannot change from swype to samsung keyboard. The only other "cooked" option is MS keyboard (which isn't very good). I forgot to take out the samsung keyboard sip display but it still shows up. I'll see if I can cab up the HTC keyboard from my beta sense rom for ya.

2. The samsung locker is in another thread and since this has been asked quite a few times, I'll post it in the BASE rom section (post #3)

3. Why do you want to "access" the GPS settings com port and baud rate? do you want to change the com port/rate?

wow, been away for a little and there is another official release...anything interesting in it??

There are some slight performance increases and they also updated the touch wiz widgets...though they bugged up for many people. The rest was all updated verizon crap.

Hello,

Anyone else having this problem with Internet Explorer?

TellMe seems to work fine with this ROM.

I also installed the Samsung Keyboard from the Archives and it lets you switch

back and forth between swype etc like the prior Sense Rom

A few gliches but seems to run very smooth.

Thanks again,

Norm883

post-546323-1285097771_thumb.png

Hello,

Anyone else having this problem with Internet Explorer?

TellMe seems to work fine with this ROM.

I also installed the Samsung Keyboard from the Archives and it lets you switch

back and forth between swype etc like the prior Sense Rom

A few gliches but seems to run very smooth.

Thanks again,

Norm883

ah damn, I forgot about this error, if you click cancel you can proceed with ie. I don't use IE so I didn't remember to fix this when I swapped back to 23569 (com5) base rom.

ah damn, I forgot about this error, if you click cancel you can proceed with ie. I don't use IE so I didn't remember to fix this when I swapped back to 23569 (com5) base rom.

OK anyway to fix in registry or cab?

I learn everytime I flash!

I like IE for certain things, guess I just

resist change from traditional PC

Also miss the Sense lock.

Norm883

1. If by input method you mean keyboard, well then you cannot change from swype to samsung keyboard. The only other "cooked" option is MS keyboard (which isn't very good). I forgot to take out the samsung keyboard sip display but it still shows up. I'll see if I can cab up the HTC keyboard from my beta sense rom for ya.

2. The samsung locker is in another thread and since this has been asked quite a few times, I'll post it in the BASE rom section (post #3)

3. Why do you want to "access" the GPS settings com port and baud rate? do you want to change the com port/rate?

Thanks for the quick response, yes I meant keyboard.

My fat fingers sometimes mess up with Swype so I like a keyboard with slightly larger touch area.

For the GPS I use Copilot and sometimes it does not play nice so I have in the past changed the baud rate and/or COM port manually to get it working properly.

Right now it seems to be working fine but it is just day 1 for me and this ROM.

Thanks for the quick response, yes I meant keyboard.

My fat fingers sometimes mess up with Swype so I like a keyboard with slightly larger touch area.

For the GPS I use Copilot and sometimes it does not play nice so I have in the past changed the baud rate and/or COM port manually to get it working properly.

Right now it seems to be working fine but it is just day 1 for me and this ROM.

The baud rate /com port can be changed with a file called gpssetting.exe in the windows folder (it is hidden) or you can edit the registry like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]

"DriverInterface"="COM4:"

I don't think the baud rate is in the registry or at least I couldn't find it.

Guest the sandman

I'm trying to use mobile shell only to sync my contacts with facebook, but when I try to sign on to facebook using mobile shell I keep getting a sign in failure and mobile shell locks up and I have to soft reset my phone. Anyone else experience this error?

Better yet, if anyone knows of an app that syncs facebook contacts to phone contacts that would be even better. Used to use BookSync but that doesnt work with wm6.5.5

Guest batch519
Have you flash the Base rom I posted today? Build 6.5.5(23569) I tested this rom and It holds contacts after reset.

Input Menu is available via Samsung Settings->Advanced Settings Tab->System->Input Method Options

Sorry, for not keeping up with updates, been busy on the vacay. Thanks a lot for fixing the contact issue, looking forward to flashing the 6.5.5(23569) build tomorrow!! Since my last post about losing my contacts, the ROM runs so solid that I haven't need to reboot in 4 days (fairly heavy use). I have noticed that the DG21 update really has helped the memory leaks by recovering RAM back on it's own, Clean RAM isn't really necessary anymore.

Has the SPB Mobile Shell clock's alarm working now? I was getting a 'could not find clock.exe' error. Not sure if anyone brought this up, I tried to catch up on this thread but did not see it mentioned.

I don't blame you for taking a break, this ROM is so damn fun to use and customize, enjoy it bro!!!!

A funny thing happened to me today. I realized that the samsung lockscreen.exe calls lockscreen.swf

So if you take ANY .swf file and rename it lockscreen.swf it will load it.

Only problem is that lockscreen.exe locks all buttons before it loads lockscreen.swf so there's no apparent way out of the .swf

Guest urphonesux

in the lite rom the input menu is not there. when i press the one in the samsung menu the screen flashes but does not change screens. Like the .dll has been removed from the phone completely. So there is no way to change my auto word suggestion options, any of the swype options or anything

please fix

in the lite rom the input menu is not there. when i press the one in the samsung menu the screen flashes but does not change screens. Like the .dll has been removed from the phone completely. So there is no way to change my auto word suggestion options, any of the swype options or anything

please fix

I'll take a look.

Guest urphonesux

had to flash away from this rom because no sooner than i thought i had figured out the task manager crash i found out that 1 out of every 2 times i close the file explorer now the taskmanager crashes the phone

Well, it's gotta be something I'm installing. I flashed from the Lite ROM to the Base, and my backlight setting is still resetting to 15 seconds no matter how often I change it to 1 minute. Damnit - gotta figure this out.