[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Hey I am running the BASE rom of yours AMD, I am enjoying it very much, I am having a few minor glitches that have not bothered me but one critical one for me is my email account which is a .msn ie. windows live, it will not sync it has an error message that reads " messages can not be downloaded to this device" it may not be the Rom at all but maybe someone else is having this problem and knows why. If not I am gonna reflash and not save My Storage because I have a hunch this maybe the cause. Thanks for sharing your work, I know it is time consuming.

no problem. I'm glad you like it.

I'm going to post a DG21 ZeroStock soon for those who are still interested.

Installed this version last week and have had ZERO problems, Bravo and thanks for your efforts supplying this version without the Verizon junk.

What will be the difference between the lite rom and the ZeroStock?

Just trying to understand what you are providing to us and how each benefits the end user.

Thanks,

Edited by cjn-md

Installed this version last week and have had ZERO problems, Bravo and thanks for your efforts supplying this version without the Verizon junk.

What will be the difference between the lite rom and the ZeroStock?

Just trying to understand what you are providing to us and how each benefits the end user.

Thanks,

Lite will have a lot of samsung stuff removed, and ZeroStock will have nothing but vzw stuff removed and updated samsung stuff (touchplayer etc.)

Guest JeremyGNJ
no problem. I'm glad you like it.

I'm going to post a DG21 ZeroStock soon for those who are still interested.

Awesome! I love your existing ZeroStock.

I have some suggestions, because I think this small list is the ONLY things wrong with the ROM:

- Fix the IE issue, and make your custom HTML the home page

- Include the "Win7 Style" startup animations (and shutdown?)

- Make all suitable Samsung apps the system defaults....ie Jinbox as mail and SMS client.

- Some people might like Samsung Today included (I personally think it's weak)

- I think i read someplace that someone found a fix for the ScrollBar on phone screen...if so, would be nice to have scroll-bars back on legacy apps.

- Use a clean/simple skin that doesnt have black-on-black issues with pop-ups.

- Text Size on this Rom always resets back to the largest....would be nice to shrink down the text in email and pop-ups.

- Not sure if this is something in ROM or if there's a simple registry change, but I dont like that tapping on the top-toolbar brings up MainMenu since I use standard Windows Start Menu.

One more bug that has popped up on me with the stock ROM is that if I snap a pic with the camera, and then try to send it to someone there is a LONG pause and then says "Image size has exceeded MMS limit...Resize?" I dont remember this happening in other ROMS, but I might be mistaken.

Awesome! I love your existing ZeroStock.

I have some suggestions, because I think this small list is the ONLY things wrong with the ROM:

- Fix the IE issue, and make your custom HTML the home page

- Include the "Win7 Style" startup animations (and shutdown?)

- Make all suitable Samsung apps the system defaults....ie Jinbox as mail and SMS client.

- Some people might like Samsung Today included (I personally think it's weak)

- I think i read someplace that someone found a fix for the ScrollBar on phone screen...if so, would be nice to have scroll-bars back on legacy apps.

- Use a clean/simple skin that doesnt have black-on-black issues with pop-ups.

- Text Size on this Rom always resets back to the largest....would be nice to shrink down the text in email and pop-ups.

- Not sure if this is something in ROM or if there's a simple registry change, but I dont like that tapping on the top-toolbar brings up MainMenu since I use standard Windows Start Menu.

One more bug that has popped up on me with the stock ROM is that if I snap a pic with the camera, and then try to send it to someone there is a LONG pause and then says "Image size has exceeded MMS limit...Resize?" I dont remember this happening in other ROMS, but I might be mistaken.

Thats quite a list. Since you may be one of the only ones using it I don't mind implementing some of the things you mentioned.

-I don't know how I broke the IE issue, but am still looking

-Win7 Style isn't something Samsung would put in their rom, so It won't be in there. I may put something more "samsung" like

-jInbox isn't full proof, which is why it isn't already installed/default from samsung. There are glitches and it doesn't play well with poutlook

-I don't like samsung today, and Don't think it will be included (I may post a cab for it)

-I fixed the scrollbar issue on the phone screen for win 6.5.x so yeah it'll be in there.

-The black on black issues is due to the incomplete AMOLED Black theme from samsung. It wasn't designed to be used on 6.5.x, so I'll take a look at it.

-I don't know where the text "size" is but I remember a registry setting a while back I'll see if I can find it.

-The top bar is from a dll called start.dll from samsung you "could" make a dummy file called start.dll and copy/overwrite it in the windows directory

As for the image size thing I don't really send a lot of pics via mms, but I'll take a look and see what u r talking about.

Guest Bryan W.

You know I really like this Base rom AMD. With S2U2 its awsome. I thinks its mostly because bhe SBP is better than I remember. Somehow, esp with overclonking, the whole thing doesn't lag the phone like before. So its looks nice and is fast.

Any1 had trouble with Windows Live and syncning mail?

Guest JeremyGNJ
Thats quite a list. Since you may be one of the only ones using it I don't mind implementing some of the things you mentioned.

-Win7 Style isn't something Samsung would put in their rom, so It won't be in there. I may put something more "samsung" like

-jInbox isn't full proof, which is why it isn't already installed/default from samsung. There are glitches and it doesn't play well with poutlook

-I don't like samsung today, and Don't think it will be included (I may post a cab for it)

-I fixed the scrollbar issue on the phone screen for win 6.5.x so yeah it'll be in there.

-The black on black issues is due to the incomplete AMOLED Black theme from samsung. It wasn't designed to be used on 6.5.x, so I'll take a look at it.

-I don't know where the text "size" is but I remember a registry setting a while back I'll see if I can find it.

-The top bar is from a dll called start.dll from samsung you "could" make a dummy file called start.dll and copy/overwrite it in the windows directory

As for the image size thing I don't really send a lot of pics via mms, but I'll take a look and see what u r talking about.

Cool, i trust your judgement. \

You'r probably right about jinbox...for as much as I like the look of it,...it doesnt always work quite right. Maybe though at least turn on threaded SMS by default.

Amdzero, Have you given up on sense roms?

no just updating others first. After I get my ZeroStock out I'll get back to sense. I have a sense rom running okay, its just not as good as I want it.

Guest cliffco823
no just updating others first. After I get my ZeroStock out I'll get back to sense. I have a sense rom running okay, its just not as good as I want it.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

Guest Fogfire

I am looking to use it too.

My only request is if you remove it (not incuding anything Verizon branded) :lol: you CAB it if possible.. yes I play solitare Grandma taught me is a kid so it puts me in a happy place B)

I also like the "are you sure you want to shutdown dialog (or I would shut down on accident some times.. if that is gone.. then I need the tool I forgot the name of that lets you shutdown or lock tied to the RED long press.

Thanks.. waiting for when you are ready to release.

Edited by Fogfire

Guest urphonesux

Again i MUST say that you have really done a great job on the lite rom. After the initial issues, i can now say that my O2 is now running without issue.

Everything is very snappy and works as it should.

If VZW would have released the phone like this to begin with they might have had a much more productive release date.

my battery life is great (well, i do have an extended battery)

i can stream mp3's for hours. I actually used my O2 to D.J my living room last night. Had no issues strictly using youtube mobile and groovefish

The games are very responsive except for the ones that are hard to control anyway

My volume is very loud, Gps is rather fast,Internet is quick, TVout woks everytime i plug it into the tv AND........................I can make and recieve calls

Amd if you lived in augusta we would have to go to Pizza joint tonight and id have to treat you to a pitcher of black and tan, a pitcher or Sweetwater 420 and a xl treehugger pizza with bar-b-q chicken on it

You dont know nothing bout dat!

Lol seriously though, if i could export my setup and post it here for others that are using their phone with the lite rom.......................there almost would not be a reason to EVER flash again

Except for the lure of even more free ram of course ;D

Or just to have that new new ;D

Or any issue that comes up later on down the line when i start using the phone for even more than i am now

Guest amdzero
Again i MUST say that you have really done a great job on the lite rom. After the initial issues, i can now say that my O2 is now running without issue.

Everything is very snappy and works as it should.

If VZW would have released the phone like this to begin with they might have had a much more productive release date.

my battery life is great (well, i do have an extended battery)

i can stream mp3's for hours. I actually used my O2 to D.J my living room last night. Had no issues strictly using youtube mobile and groovefish

The games are very responsive except for the ones that are hard to control anyway

My volume is very loud, Gps is rather fast,Internet is quick, TVout woks everytime i plug it into the tv AND........................I can make and recieve calls

Amd if you lived in augusta we would have to go to Pizza joint tonight and id have to treat you to a pitcher of black and tan, a pitcher or Sweetwater 420 and a xl treehugger pizza with bar-b-q chicken on it

You dont know nothing bout dat!

Lol seriously though, if i could export my setup and post it here for others that are using their phone with the lite rom.......................there almost would not be a reason to EVER flash again

Except for the lure of even more free ram of course ;D

Or just to have that new new ;D

Or any issue that comes up later on down the line when i start using the phone for even more than i am now

Thanks bro, I'm putting the final touches on my DG21 ZeroStock rom now. There isn't much change except a few touchups and fixed the ie loading bug.

I think the ie loading bug has to be fixed in the kitchen, which means there's no "quick" fix i can post. So an update to my lite and base roms will be out shortly after.

Guest mdkpnj
Thanks bro, I'm putting the final touches on my DG21 ZeroStock rom now. There isn't much change except a few touchups and fixed the ie loading bug.

I think the ie loading bug has to be fixed in the kitchen, which means there's no "quick" fix i can post. So an update to my lite and base roms will be out shortly after.

AMD, looking forward to your Sense ROM based on DG21. Will it have 4 icon's across?

Thanks.

Guest tedkord

Will the DG21 Lite have an updated build of WinMo? I haven't been successful at changing the RC with the GUI kitchen so far...

Guest amdzero
Will the DG21 Lite have an updated build of WinMo? I haven't been successful at changing the RC with the GUI kitchen so far...

yes I'm putting it back to COM5 (just like all my previous roms)

Guest brainstorm03

I'm having trouble using Facebook with these ROMs. I can't sync through SPB Shell and the Facebook app only loads info the first time it's installed and then won't update at all. It's happened on both the Lite and Base ROMs. Any idea what might be causing this? I didn't install anything that I haven't used before and never had any problems with this. I absolutely love the Base ROM and would hate to have to switch.

Other than that great work AMD, the Base is probably my favorite ROM so far on this phone!

Guest Fogfire
I'm having trouble using Facebook with these ROMs. I can't sync through SPB Shell and the Facebook app only loads info the first time it's installed and then won't update at all. It's happened on both the Lite and Base ROMs. Any idea what might be causing this? I didn't install anything that I haven't used before and never had any problems with this. I absolutely love the Base ROM and would hate to have to switch.

Other than that great work AMD, the Base is probably my favorite ROM so far on this phone!

I am having the same problem with my SPB using the Samsung Stock DG21.. I have not yet used a custom rom.

I have to log off to update even with the newest Facebook off MS Marketplace. This started after they were hacked so I wonder if they broke the API on the web side. But this has nothing to do with AMDZERO's ROMS

The only other things we have in common is SPB Shell.

Edited by Fogfire

Guest JeremyGNJ
I am having the same problem with my SPB using the Samsung Stock DG21.. I have not yet used a custom rom.

I have to log off to update even with the newest Facebook off MS Marketplace. This started after they were hacked so I wonder if they broke the API on the web side. But this has nothing to do with AMDZERO's ROMS

The only other things we have in common is SPB Shell.

I'm having the same issue with Facebook on ZeroStock 1.1 currently. HOWEVER, the last time I had ZeroStock on, prior to upgrading to DG21, I did not have this problem. I thought it was just me and never got around to trying to uninstall and re-install.

I do NOT use SPB Shell