OtterBox Dell Streak Impact Case

Guest vagelis

Guest spences10
Got mine today and it is the perfect fit :) think i will upgrade to a defender when they are released but it's a relief having some protection on my streak looks quite chunky, i installed the screen protector upto the edge on the right hand side as the first few mm are covered on the left anyway by the case so the protector isn't really obvious at all.

Awesome, i ordered mine the same day as you m4tt24, so my one should be wang for me when i get in tonight :lol: WOOP

Awesome, i ordered mine the same day as you m4tt24, so my one should be wang for me when i get in tonight :lol: WOOP

It came yesterday but i missed the delivery by minutes had to ring up and get it redelivered today, have you had email with a fedex tracking link on it?

Edited by m4tt24

Guest maskaler
It came yesterday but i missed the delivery by minutes had to ring up and get it redelivered today, have you had email with a fedex tracking link on it?

I had to sign up for the emails on the fedex site, otherwise I wouldn't have go any. It's an option in the order tracking screen somewhere

I had to sign up for the emails on the fedex site, otherwise I wouldn't have go any. It's an option in the order tracking screen somewhere

I had a email from otterbox comfirming my order with a tracking number i clicked on the tracking number and it went straight to the tracking page.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Mine also arrived yesterday didn't anyone else think the huge box it shipped in with the air pillows as well for extra protection was a little over kill for a tough case? or am i the only one that thought so will post pictures of it later.

Now the actual case i think is excellent and i also don't think its to loose either I'm very happy with it as IMO it makes pressing the power, volume and camera buttons easier and whilst adding a little bulk is no big deal well not for me i as yet haven't fitted the screen protector and not sure i will the other good thing for me is that it still sticks to my desk top stand in this case so no need to keep taking it out the case or for charging either.

Marc

Guest crazyotterhound
Hi all,

Mine also arrived yesterday didn't anyone else think the huge box it shipped in with the air pillows as well for extra protection was a little over kill for a tough case? or am i the only one that thought so will post pictures of it later.

Now the actual case i think is excellent and i also don't think its to loose either I'm very happy with it as IMO it makes pressing the power, volume and camera buttons easier and whilst adding a little bulk is no big deal well not for me i as yet haven't fitted the screen protector and not sure i will the other good thing for me is that it still sticks to my desk top stand in this case so no need to keep taking it out the case or for charging either.

Marc

Yes, the box was a bit on the big side for the case - I would imagine a jiffy bag would have been adequate but I'm not complaining. One thing I find about the case is that its an absolute magnet for dust and hair. I hope it doesn't start to look really grubby after several weeks of ownership!

Edited by crazyotterhound

Guest spences10

Still not arrived yet B) just checked the USPS Tracking and it says it has left customs @13:30 so maybe in the next few days *fingers crossed*

Didnt know you could order via FedEx, should have read all posts before ordering. Doh!

Yes, the box was a bit on the big side for the case - I would imagine a jiffy bag would have been adequate but I'm not complaining. One thing I find about the case is that its an absolute magnet for dust and hair. I hope it doesn't start to look really grubby after several weeks of ownership!

My wife has Otterbox case for her BB and you are right crazyotterhound they do pick up a lot of fluff n' what not. My wifes case is well worn now and looks very distinguished so i am quite looking forward to how it will look after a couple of months useage

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well heres the pictures i promised

5027030908_0e1152d284_z.jpg

5027032098_7a2295e80b_z.jpg

5027033182_f31019aeb9_z.jpg

I'm still loving this case and it has definitely made using the buttons easier for me I'm also not finding it that much of a dust or hair magnet at all in fact its less then before i had a case and as in my Avatar i have an Albino Dobermann that does shed quite a bit of long blond/white hairs i also still haven't fitted the screen protector and am not currently planning to.

@spences10

Once it arrived in the UK it was only 24hrs before it got to me and yeah i paid the extra for FedEx priority shipping as was i think only an extra $5.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Wow they did go over the top with yours, mine did come in a jiffy bag I didnt get all that extra packaging :lol: not sure which delivery I chose it was £20.50 in total

Guest andycqos
Wow they did go over the top with yours, mine did come in a jiffy bag I didnt get all that extra packaging :lol: not sure which delivery I chose it was £20.50 in total

Same, mine came today in a jiffy bag. I chose the cheapest delivery option and it arrived today having only ordered last Thursday .. very impressive.

First impressions of the case are really good too. Doesnt add to much "bulk" to the phone but looks like it will give decent protection from bumps and knocks. Screen protector is nice too, very easy to fit and isnt noticeable at all when using the phone.

I guess the test will come over the next few days as I have it in my pocket and so on

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

When the box arrived i wasn't sure what was going to be inside as also expected just a jiffy bag no idea at all why anyone would of thought such a tough case so well packed in its box to start with would need packing like that and it also cost me about $30 delivered which should also be around £20 odd. Just glad it arrived and has been as good as i thought it would be i actually think its much better then the Case-Mate Tough Case i got for my Galaxy S and was cheaper then that one was to as the covers on the buttons are slightly more raised making it easier to use them and it doesn't attract nearly as much dust or dog hair as the Case-Mate one has either.

I now have all the accessories i need or want for my Streak with 2 of those clingy holders one for the Car and one for at home, two sync/charge cables and two batteries although i am still to get a car charger actually I still have two Streaks as i have my replacement Streak which is a 32GB unlocked unbranded and a cosmetically damaged locked to 02 Streak which i have now asked to be arranged to be collected 3 times already and am not going to bother asking again if they can't be bothered to collect it i may as well keep it as a spare as it may come in handy sometime or for testing Roms.

Marc

Guest flapheadx

Does this protect the screen from cracking?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a case for my streak. My previous phone was a HTC Touch Pro. The screen cracked 2 weeks after I got it, because I hit a corner of a table with the device in my pocket. I was really annoyed, but without insurance I had no choice but using it for 2 years with a cracked screen.

Now I've read quite some people reporting cracked screens on the streak, so I got a little anxious. Currently I consider an Otterbox, or a PD Air leather Book-Style case. I somehow prefer the PD air, I think the leather is much more stylish than those silicon things. The only thing that prevents me from getting it, is that it looks really fat. Somehow, the streak is already at a limit in its size, and I don't really wanna make it any bigger.

So, to those who own the Otterbox (or maybe ADVERTISING SPAM?): What's your recommendation?

Edited by flapheadx

Guest untrueparadox
Does this protect the screen from cracking?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a case for my streak. My previous phone was a HTC Touch Pro. The screen cracked 2 weeks after I got it, because I hit a corner of a table with the device in my pocket. I was really annoyed, but without insurance I had no choice but using it for 2 years with a cracked screen.

Now I've read quite some people reporting cracked screens on the streak, so I got a little anxious. Currently I consider an Otterbox, or a PD Air leather Book-Style case. I somehow prefer the PD air, I think the leather is much more stylish than those silicon things. The only thing that prevents me from getting it, is that it looks really fat. Somehow, the streak is already at a limit in its size, and I don't really wanna make it any bigger.

So, to those who own the Otterbox (or maybe ADVERTISING SPAM?): What's your recommendation?

the otterbox is amazingly thick. it makes the phone appear almost double the thickness. kinda like a umpc instead of a phone. looks very foolish when calling too.

Do like I have done, get the Dell hard case to stiffen up the Streak frame then stuff it into an Otterbox for shock proofing.

u have a picture of that? i thought the size of the streak was close to not fitting in my pocket, but i guess its not big enough.

Guest finalmoksha
the otterbox is amazingly thick. it makes the phone appear almost double the thickness. kinda like a umpc instead of a phone. looks very foolish when calling too.

u have a picture of that? i thought the size of the streak was close to not fitting in my pocket, but i guess its not big enough.

I have been using the otterbox for about 2 weeks now. I agree that it does add to the thickness of the streak but not so much that it becomes unusable. I can still carry it around in my jeans. The case looks good on the streak and the streak feels very comfortable to hold. It used to feel a bit slippery earlier without the case. I have become so accustomed to it that I barely notice it any more.

Cheers..

Guest spences10
What do u think of it? Worth getting?

Its a really cool peice of kit, make the streak a bit bulkier but the best case i have seen for the streak

Guest Dogmann55

Hi HoTdiGiTi

I agree with most here and also think its a great case as until recently i have always used leather cases with them usually being from ADVERTISING SPAM but i was disappointed this time both by the extra price of the Streak cases and the fact they didn't have the screw in for the belt clip or more importantly the ADVERTISING SPAM car holder i use making it practically useless to me. Having tried a similar Case-Mate Tough Case on my Galaxy S i went for this Otterbox case and as I've said before really do like it as i don't think it adds to much bulk to the Streak but do think it improves both grip and makes pushing the buttons easier but unlike some i haven't bothered to fit the screen protector on mine and don't think I'm going to.

Marc

Guest HoTdiGiTi
Hi HoTdiGiTi

I agree with most here and also think its a great case as until recently i have always used leather cases with them usually being from ADVERTISING SPAM but i was disappointed this time both by the extra price of the Streak cases and the fact they didn't have the screw in for the belt clip or more importantly the ADVERTISING SPAM car holder i use making it practically useless to me. Having tried a similar Case-Mate Tough Case on my Galaxy S i went for this Otterbox case and as I've said before really do like it as i don't think it adds to much bulk to the Streak but do think it improves both grip and makes pushing the buttons easier but unlike some i haven't bothered to fit the screen protector on mine and don't think I'm going to.

Marc

Thanks, really need a decent case. the dell logo on the back is peeling off (lost half the 'D'). Also work in a engineering environment where theres swarf and oil about so an extra layer will come in handing for grip.

i work nights so internet browsing is a must hence why i love my streak and use it loads at night (after washing hands) so this case seems to be the best on the market so far :lol:

Guest andycqos
Thanks, really need a decent case. the dell logo on the back is peeling off (lost half the 'D'). Also work in a engineering environment where theres swarf and oil about so an extra layer will come in handing for grip.

i work nights so internet browsing is a must hence why i love my streak and use it loads at night (after washing hands) so this case seems to be the best on the market so far B)

One thing the case certainly does is improve your grip on the device! It has the downside that it doesnt quite slide in and out of pockets as easily of course :lol:

I bought the case to protect my streak from bumps and knocks, and Ive no doubt it will do that. I was a bit concerned that it would make it too bulky, but it seems ok so far - I havent resorted to taking it off to send a text like I used to with the case on my last phone! I did put the screen protector on, but only to help protect the screen from scratches when its my pocket with wallet, keys etc.

Guest flapheadx
I agree with most here and also think its a great case as until recently i have always used leather cases with them usually being from ADVERTISING SPAM but i was disappointed this time both by the extra price of the Streak cases and the fact they didn't have the screw in for the belt clip or more importantly the ADVERTISING SPAM car holder i use making it practically useless to me.

I just recently discovered another leather case from Melkco, which looks pretty much like a clone of the ADVERTISING SPAM one... except that it has a screw for a belt-clip. I wonder if that might be compatible with the ADVERTISING SPAM car holder, would be cool.

Guest GriZlore

Has anyone order theirs from Otterbox and ordered it "Priority International"

If so, could you tell me how long it took to arrive please?

Cheers