Flashing i8000L (from Bell)

Guest Luchico638

Guest Luchico638

I don't know if this was posted before but I couldn't find anything of use; sorry if it was. Is it okay to use firmwares from this website (http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i8000.htm) to flash my phone from bell? I'm not going to do all of them I'm only going to use Octans mini for fear of effing up my phone. Do I need to have my phone unlocked to do this? If I can't use those firmwares where can I get ones for my phone? Any help appreciated. Thanks~

Guest JBuckles
I don't know if this was posted before but I couldn't find anything of use; sorry if it was. Is it okay to use firmwares from this website (http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i8000.htm) to flash my phone from bell? I'm not going to do all of them I'm only going to use Octans mini for fear of effing up my phone. Do I need to have my phone unlocked to do this? If I can't use those firmwares where can I get ones for my phone? Any help appreciated. Thanks~

Hey, I just flashed my Bell i8000L with the JH2 6.5.3 Build from there for the first time and all went well. I only flashed the PDA portion in fears of something going wrong. I may choose to flash the CSC portion as well but I am using the phone for corporate email etc. I must say the 6.5.3 build is much better on the touch interface....I highly recommend the upgrade. Just make sure you back up your stuff if you require anything from the device.

Good luck.

Guest xaznxplaya

I've flashed my phones several times and never had any issue even once, I had an error while flashing and I figured out how to fix it lol and I'm with Bell as well.

Guest CovKid66

I've flashed my Bell O2 numerous times too, and just the PDA portion as JBuckles noted, and never an issue. Do make sure you use the GSM forum and not the CDMA! Also, if you've unlocked and using it on a different carrier you'll need to make sure you know how to re-create your My Internet connection. I'm on Telus and have to re-create it each time I flash in order to get data working again. No biggie once you've got the settings once.

Happy flashing :lol:

Guest userid1234
I've flashed my Bell O2 numerous times too, and just the PDA portion as JBuckles noted, and never an issue. Do make sure you use the GSM forum and not the CDMA! Also, if you've unlocked and using it on a different carrier you'll need to make sure you know how to re-create your My Internet connection. I'm on Telus and have to re-create it each time I flash in order to get data working again. No biggie once you've got the settings once.

Happy flashing :lol:

What program did you use to unlock your Bell? Also, are all Bell Canada i8000's "L" models?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest fortify
Hey, I just flashed my Bell i8000L with the JH2 6.5.3 Build from there for the first time and all went well. I only flashed the PDA portion in fears of something going wrong. I may choose to flash the CSC portion as well but I am using the phone for corporate email etc. I must say the 6.5.3 build is much better on the touch interface....I highly recommend the upgrade. Just make sure you back up your stuff if you require anything from the device.

Good luck.

JBuckles I have the Bell Omnia II I8000L as well. Do you have a link to the JH2 6.5.3 Build you refer to above.

thanks.