Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TCTUK

Nothing new that I am aware of sorry.

Best deal at the moment is £79.99 + £20.00 top up in store at Orange.

Bank holiday coming up so I don't anticipate any news before Tuesday.

Guest Jaboloid
Nothing new that I am aware of sorry.

Best deal at the moment is £79.99 + £20.00 top up in store at Orange.

Bank holiday coming up so I don't anticipate any news before Tuesday.

Bought mine from ADVERTISING SPAM, but I just checked, they've sold out :D My gf just lost her phone (nokia x6 which was AWFUL anyway) and i want to introduce to android :D

Is there another android phone within the same price range as the Blade (i.e. max £100)?

Just saw LG Optimus GT450 for £80 at tesco online. Which one would you choose?

Thx :-)

Edited by Jaboloid

Guest Jaboloid
Jabloid: No, better phone with price/performance ratio does not exist. Wait for good offer of San Francisco..

U're right...I remember why I bought the Blade in the 1st place: it seemed like too good a bargain not to give it a try!!! n it REALLY is, now that I've looked around a bit there doesn't seem to be any phone even close to it for the same price!

thing is I can't wait for a deal, i'm just gonna go to an orange store n try my luck :D

Guest TCTUK
U're right...I remember why I bought the Blade in the 1st place: it seemed like too good a bargain not to give it a try!!! n it REALLY is, now that I've looked around a bit there doesn't seem to be any phone even close to it for the same price!

thing is I can't wait for a deal, i'm just gonna go to an orange store n try my luck :D

Please let us know how you get on.... :D

Guest folkstorm

I bought a new ZTE Blade in manchester's arndale last Saturday £79.99 + £20.00 top up in store at Orange.

Guy said 4 devices left.

Black or White both available.

Guest Jaboloid
Please let us know how you get on.... :D

Just bought the White one in an orange store (moorgate, central london) for £79+£20 credit! I can't believe the price stayed the same since I bought the black one back in Jan...

Guest rololo

Hi all,

I want to buy an Orange San Francisco to unlock and use with a different network I have a SIM-only contract with. I also have an Orange PAYG SIM in a cheap Nokia, so I'm happy to buy through the Orange store and pick up the mandatory top-up. I just want to confirm that it'll all work out as planned. I intend to buy the OSF as an upgrade for my current PAYG phone so that I keep my PAYG number and the top-up goes into that account. This done, I'll unlock the OSF and put my PAYG SIM back into my cheap Nokia. Will both phones then work with their intended SIM? I think so, but I'm new to a lot of this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by rololo

Guest TCTUK
Hi all,

I want to buy an Orange San Francisco to unlock and use with a different network I have a SIM-only contract with. I also have an Orange PAYG SIM in a cheap Nokia, so I'm happy to buy through the Orange store and pick up the mandatory top-up. I just want to confirm that it'll all work out as planned. I intend to buy the OSF as an upgrade for my current PAYG phone so that I keep my PAYG number and the top-up goes into that account. This done, I'll unlock the OSF and put my PAYG SIM back into my cheap Nokia. Will both phones then work with their intended SIM? I think so, but I'm new to a lot of this.

Thanks in advance.

No need to worry, the £20.00 top-up can be credited to your existing PAYG sim card. I asked this specific question myself.

Guest rololo
No need to worry, the £20.00 top-up can be credited to your existing PAYG sim card. I asked this specific question myself.

Thank you. Are OSFs still £79 + £20 in Orange stores? I see they're £99 + £20 in the online shop, but I'm currently working nights so it's hard for me to contact the brick-and-mortar stores.

Cheers

Guest geezerone
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

If you have an Orange SIM that is registered with Orange (just call them and give name, address, phone number and account passcode) you can get an Orange SF for £79.99 direct from Orange themselves and they include a PAYG SIM loaded with £10 too if you need it.

Edited by geezerone

Guest rololo
If you have an Orange SIM that is registered with Orange (just call them and give name, address, phone number and account passcode) you can get an Orange SF for £79.99 direct from Orange themselves and they include a PAYG SIM loaded with £10 too if you need it.

Are you sure? I just rang the Orange sales team and was told they could sell me the phone for £109.99 (less £6 from my phone fund). I was rather surprised because it's £99.99 (plus top-up) in the online store. I said that I'd heard it was £79.99 and the guy thought I was asking for a discount, which I apparently wouldn't get because I spend very little topping up. Am I going about this wrong? I usually buy my phones second-hand, so I don't have any experience of doing this before.

Guest TCTUK
Are you sure? I just rang the Orange sales team and was told they could sell me the phone for £109.99 (less £6 from my phone fund). I was rather surprised because it's £99.99 (plus top-up) in the online store. I said that I'd heard it was £79.99 and the guy thought I was asking for a discount, which I apparently wouldn't get because I spend very little topping up. Am I going about this wrong? I usually buy my phones second-hand, so I don't have any experience of doing this before.

What you need to remember is that the Online Store/Telephone Team and the Physical Stores operatr with a large degree of autonomy from each other. So a deal in the stores won't necessarily exist over the telephone/internet.

The two deals that exist at the moment are:

In Store: £79.99 (minimum top-up of £20 required) Effective price £99.99

On the Phone: £79.99 with PAYG customers discount. Note that this is a discretionary discount that is only for PAYG customers who top-up regularly.

Nevertheless your success on the phone depends entirely on who answers your call. Whereas the in store deal is available to new and existing customers. The NHS discount also applies in store.

Guest geezerone

The only top up I used was the one that came with the phone about 5 months ago (£10) so the regular top up idea is a convenient excuse methinks. There is a possibility of who answers the call having a big influence so my advice is phone again. I just said is the 'deal' for existing customers on San Francisco phones still available. She answered 'what deal' so I stated a price of £74.99. She had a quick look and said I could buy one for £79.99 without any problems or haggling. If at first you don't succeed try again. I think the discretion comes down to people buying lots of them under the one account which they probably wouldn't like. Persevere, you aren't asking for anything that many people haven't had already and quote this fact if you need to.

I also only recently purchased one so don't let them fob you off about an 'old offer'

Edited by geezerone

Guest gavin08

I've tryed 3 times calling Orange but they keep saying £109.99 plus £10. I've tryed the 0800 number but what is the best number to use?

Guest geezerone

I used 08000791000 and think it's options 2 2 2 for payg sim and ordering a phone. It may help your cause if you say yours broke as mine did?

Edit: http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/san...-orange-in-grey says they are £99.99 online too.

Also found link that says: "...Number to call is: 0800 079 2000 however people seem to get more luck when phoning 150 ..."

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/orange-san...p-orange/924331

Edited by geezerone

Guest gavin08
I used 08000791000 and think it's options 2 2 2 for payg sim and ordering a phone. It may help your cause if you say yours broke as mine did?

Edit: http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/san...-orange-in-grey says they are £99.99 online too.

Also found link that says: "...Number to call is: 0800 079 2000 however people seem to get more luck when phoning 150 ..."

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/orange-san...p-orange/924331

150 doesn't does it. I tryed that but I think its for people who have a Orange Sim Phone.

Guest rololo

I might just pick one up from the online shop for £100. Sure, it's more expensive, but I can't spare the time to hunt for a slightly better deal.

I went through the procedure to buy up to input of credit details, and it has me select a PAYG plan. Curiously, the 'cheaper calls and texts' plan actually charges more for UK texts than the other ones, though calls are cheaper. It didn't say anything about letting me credit the top-up to my existing Orange PAYG number - the bit about keeping my number talked about PAC codes, so it must think I'm moving from another network.

Anything I'm missing? Can I credit the top-up to my Orange PAYG number by this method?

Guest digitaldai

£10 a month dolphin contract gets you a free Sanfrancisco + if you use quidco website £80 cash back.

also I had £6 on my payg orange number + £7 phone fund they rounded this up to £20 and applied it to my account.

Guest TCTUK

For anyone that ends up with credit that they don't need, remember that you can turn it back into some cash in a number of ways. You can sell your SIM card on eBay and get up to half of the value back typically. Or for something more interesting you can register your own premium rate number and call it from the SIM card.

I just got a promotional email from Tesco Direct, they're doing a £15 discount offer if you spend over £75.

http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.asp...e+San+Francisco

Both white and black are currently in stock. The coupon code: TDX-K7AR

It will expire on Monday, so if you're interested, you need to be quick. This makes the phone £95 delivered. And it includes £10 top up.

Edited by Roph

Guest Predators

This voucher is still working and should expire tonight by all accounts.

TDX-K7AR

I've just got one for £87 using some clubcard vouchers too, happy days ;)